or Connect

Posts by Carthusia

This new iteration of the iPod would need to be iPod "XYZ" unless all bandless forms of the iPod were discontinued, no? I don't see the nano, shuffle, touch, and classic going away any time soon.
ISWYDT
Wouldn't it make more sense to build a iPod nano-like player directly into the Beats wireless headphones?
Point taken, but minorities in the US are not necessarily minorities all across the globe. Also, US sports celebrities traditionally have had enormous global cachet. Apple increasingly is a global brand with global product and marketing reach. 
I'll just need to get Jimmy Iovine's email address. I can email Tim and Cc Jimmy about the lack of universal liner notes for iTunes music albums.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves....this analyst was just GUESSING that such a feature MAY be used in an "iWatch" product that was not announced, hasn't shipped, and may not even exist. What we do know is that it WILL come to iPhone this fall with iOS 8.  
The idea of voice messages as an alternative to text is a good one. The demo at WWDC was pretty cool, but I don't think I'll be that comfortable making even a brief voice message speaking into my wrist.
Although I like the 5 and 5s industrial design, something different would be nice. My hope would be that the top and bottom back panels would be Liquidmetal, not glass, allowing for radio frequency transparency while retaining an all-metal back. Glass is a nice touch, but never quite seemed to be the ideal choice for the rear of the iPhone chassis.   However, ff these mockups are accurate with the exception that the final product will include glass back panels, the...
How much of the Atlas technology can be packed into the first gen "iWatch" if Alex Hsieh was just brought on in June? Perhaps this hire reflects work for the second gen device? I'd hate to think the iWatch won't launch this year, but I'm growing pessimistic. Also, Atlas must hold patents. If so, is Hsieh himself a patent holder? Furthermore, how are rights to these patents split between co-founders? Long term patent license agreements for additional undisclosed boatloads...
 Something tells me that ship set sail at WWDC. Apple's solution is low priced iCloud Drive storage, not a break on the price for internal storage. Not saying I agree, but I think that is their thinking. People need extra space mainly for their photos and videos and Apple has provided that at a nominal cost-in perpetuity and tied to your Apple ID not your phone. That's kinda genius from a business perspective.