or Connect

Posts by Carthusia

Exactly. How is this any different from how Apple re-prices last year's models?
That's a big "if". Also, the power of individuals and individual lawmakers has been quite limited for some time, especially with regard to the federal government's power (executive, legislative, and judicial) in enacting counterterrorism and other "national security" policies and procedures-see FISA courts.
Weren't there milling difficulties with the 5 series? And didn't Apply create a whole new production process for the $0 on contract iPhone 5C? there's precedent for  new lowest tier phone that is a repackaged device. All I am suggesting is that the engineering for the iPod touch and the C series may be overlapped/shared.   Furthermore, isn't the A8 series SoC more future-proofed than the A7? Wouldn't the margins on a 2015 "iPod touch with cellular" be pretty high? Most...
You ditch plastic case production lines and all the logistical/procurement issues that come with them. You also better amortize the iPod touch anodization processes. A non-Foxconn assembling partner will take care of the iPod touches and the 6Cs and Foxconn does the 6S+/6S and 6. A minor assembly partner will love to have that business. Again, another benefit beyond production/supply chain is marketing simplicity.
Putting it in a modified colorful aluminum iPod touch case.
Its hiding in plain sight as the iPod touch.
I generally agree. Most people are on two-year contracts or two year payment plans. Many who upgraded in the past year did so to the 6/6+ from the 5. Those who have not upgraded yet will be upgrading to the 6S/6S+ from the 5S. Some people are on S upgrade cycles, some are not. I suspect that 50% or more are on two year upgrade cycles give or take a few months. They will get the newest phone, i.e, likely are not interested in saving $100 to go down a level to save $100...
I don't think so; they would need to re-engineer practically the entire phone to "stuff" a 4.7" phone into a 4" case. they're not doing that. They're doing a new aluminum phone, 4" with 5S internals (6C)-perhaps aluminum in colors like the new-gen touch. Otherwise, no new 4" phone; just a 4" iPod touch.
Anyone who would use this is already on Facebook or iMessage-but I guess yahoo had to do something.
Great idea....and not to get into political flame war, but much of that money could go to crumbling schools and not just crumbling roads.