or Connect

Posts by Carthusia

My prediction:    No plastic iPhone Lite/Budget/Cheapo. I think Apple is pretty done with polycarbonate for anything other than some accessories.   iPod touch pricing and features (color options and cameras) remain the same. I think Apple settled on these configs in advance of the iPhone "Lite" rollout: iPod Touch 16 GB $229 (no iSight camera; limited to 16GB storage; "previous-gen" A series chip) iPod Touch 32 GB $299 (FaceTime and iSight cameras, and...
I think Deneve will be advising Cook on dealing with France/EU retail business regulators with regard to Apple's retail ambitions. France has, it seems, been on a tear to stick it to non-French operations and protect their own concerns. Given sime well-published difficulties, Apple can use some additional guidance in that area, IMO. That Deneve is reporting directly to Cook makes sense given that Cook has been personally running Apple Retail since Browett left. I don't...
This will be an interesting "test case" of how much Tim will fight to drag SF into the future. 
I would also argue that iPhone sells better in those countries and regions where iPhone owners can take maximum advantage of the iOS ecosystem (iCloud, apps, iTunes, Apple retail stores/Genius bars, etc). As mentioned above, building out those resources globally is a tremendous effort beyond which practically no one (including myself) on this forum can comprehend. These services cannot just be slapped together.   Reducing the value and success of iPhone only to subsidies...
Honestly, I just can't follow you. You seem to be saying all these things about what Apple must do to court European consumers. You don't really understand Apple. They make the best products they know how without cutting the corners the way their competitors do while turning a sustainable profit to continue to exist and make more great products at enormous scale and efficiency. They build out retail stores and make carrier agreements to get those phones into the hands of...
I don't think that is correct. I believe Steve said that a 7" tablet was too small. The iPad Mini is not a 7" tablet. It is an 8" tablet and it has far more screen real estate than the typical 7" Android tablet.
But what's the point if there's no profit in these feature phones?
Agreed. I'm not really following the rationale of some other posts. The only thing that I would add to yours is that Apple will move all their handsets to 4" Retinas and cease production soon (if they haven't already) of 3.5" Retinas. For a cheaper-to-build model I think we'll see 4 or 4S internals in a new shell and with Lightning. $400 off contract.   However, even if the internals are last year's, how does Apple visually differentiate the industrial design from the...
I disagree that Apple would even consider naming a cheaper build model "iPhone". Not. Gonna. Happen. Ever. They would never have called an iPad Mini "iPad" and added a qualifier instead to the 9.7" iPad to indicate that it is better than the (new, cheaper, smaller) iPad.   I don't think they've ever done such a thing to a new category product in the post-iPhone era. Any new cheaper build model will be iPhone xyz, but they would not dilute the iPhone brand in a way that...
I'm not sure you know what desperately poor looks like. It doesn't look anything like buying a smartphone of any brand