or Connect

Posts by Carthusia

Good for him and Tesla. He seems genuinely passionate about cars and to be a remarkably talented guy. My only question is, "How deep is Apple's hardware engineering bench?"
You went from projecting 700Bn to projecting 800Bn in cash and marketable securities over ten years. I hope that's not how you balance your household budget. Also, yours is an "ideal" projection-like my taking out a 10 year second mortgage for 33% of the value of my home because I anticipate ten years of additional paychecks down the line. What happens if I get laid-off or if the economy collapses? That's the problem with arguments such as yours and which led directly to...
Not a lot of people seem to have known this. I didn't. It says a lot about MSoft that the "tablet mode" keyboard cover position wasn't marketed and advertised properly. Instead, they showcased a very odd commercial. All I could remember happening was people dancing like fools and clicking the keyboard to the tablet. The keyboard cover was not the problem; running a desktop ecosystem on a touch tablet was. They could still have a hit if they soon remove Windows mode...
I was under the impression that Apple didn't pay Hollywood for product placement, which seems to be true. They do, however, staff positions to have product placed. 
I have only a few of Apple's stations on my iTunes Radio and I have been tuning those stations consistently. At this point I rarely need to select "Never Play This Again".  Do you create your own stations from artists or albums you love? You can do that and also add related artists, tracks, and albums to the staion to "tune" it better to your liking. You also can tune any station by selecting either "Hits", "Variety" or "Discovery".
Jobs referred (alluded) to 7" tablets of that time. That is what was o nthe market and clearly the devices her had referred to. The iPad mini has a display that is 40% larger in area than typical 7" diagonal 16:9 aspect ratio tablet displays. LOL
Yes.
I don't think so; there's a good chance that the iPad mini will replace the iPad 2 at the $399 price point and that the iPad 2 may very well be discontinued this year. It's easier to see the iPad 2 being retired rather than bumping its processor specs-too much fragmentation at this point.
The rumors of the iPod Classic's death have been greatly exaggerated.
I'd like to see: iPad 499iPad mini 299iPad mini Retina 399 The mini would be very, very attractive at $299 compared to $249 Android tablets. The psychological barrier of $3xx might be significant. The high-end Retina version would still eat at Android tab revenues and compensate Apple with profits that might be lost on the $299 mini.