or Connect

Posts by Carthusia

A big part of the problem is that for years, the original WTC lease holder, Larry Silverstein took the Port Authority of NY/NJ to court, apparently because they wanted to short him on the money owed. IIRC, they wanted to reimburse him far less than the buildings/his investment was worth. He prevailed in the court fight only after several years had passed, but then project began to gain some headway. Nonetheless, when it comes to governmental agencies and big bucks...
 Two blocks away from my job! And, quite honestly, the Finacial District in Manhattan is still suffering. Transit hubs aren't up and running and the new trade center building hasn't even opened up yet. Heck, a building used by my job was completely demolished and just was rebuilt and re-opened several months ago. Twelve years after the attacks. The anniversary of the attacks were just held a couple days ago. So, Gazoobee, stop being such a pill. An Apple store is both...
 Unfortunately Time Warner Cable cursed my household with the laggiest crappiest Samsung cable box you could imagine. Really, the lag in this thing is truly hard to believe. 
 Think about using Airplay to view games being played on 64-bit A7 iPhones via Apple TV.
I doubt Apple allowed that. It would be a seriously slippery slope. Other carriers might soon begin to demand such a concession. Would Apple go down that road for ~10 million phones a year, if that?   But, neither you nor I know. We'll see shortly after iPhones ship to Docomo and photos hit the net.
This is a time where I will pull out the "Steve would never approve that." card. It was so easily fixable to make a large oval window around the "iPhone" label.  I'm not as put off by the case colors as about everyone else here. I think the model is intended for a younger consumer. But this case design is wrong-objectively wrong.
Apple won't spend several billion dollars on Square, Inc. when they can make oodles partnering with them or directly competing with them. Why throw billions to solve a problem they already have spent years and countless millions of dollars solving?  Instead of merchants using a Square register or card reader dongle to swipe your card, the merchant would only need an iOS device (no card reader) and accept a payment from another nearby secure iOS device (with fingerprint...
Nope, not just you...they hurt my eyes.
Hmmm...it could "just" be the 802.11ac. Man, it's gonna be a very expensive fall updating my devices to 802.11ac. 
MG Siegler wrote that he had inside info a new TV product that was not a TV. That smelled credible and this could be it. Assuming this new device weighs the same as the current Apple TV (about a pound: .6 lbs and another .4 lbs with packaging), we're talking somewhere just shy of 200,000 units. It could be heavier. Pure back-of-the-envelope and a lot of assumptions there. If this shipment is all they plan on stocking at launch, that seems to be nicely sized for a US...