or Connect

Posts by Carthusia

This will be an interesting "test case" of how much Tim will fight to drag SF into the future. 
I would also argue that iPhone sells better in those countries and regions where iPhone owners can take maximum advantage of the iOS ecosystem (iCloud, apps, iTunes, Apple retail stores/Genius bars, etc). As mentioned above, building out those resources globally is a tremendous effort beyond which practically no one (including myself) on this forum can comprehend. These services cannot just be slapped together.   Reducing the value and success of iPhone only to subsidies...
Honestly, I just can't follow you. You seem to be saying all these things about what Apple must do to court European consumers. You don't really understand Apple. They make the best products they know how without cutting the corners the way their competitors do while turning a sustainable profit to continue to exist and make more great products at enormous scale and efficiency. They build out retail stores and make carrier agreements to get those phones into the hands of...
I don't think that is correct. I believe Steve said that a 7" tablet was too small. The iPad Mini is not a 7" tablet. It is an 8" tablet and it has far more screen real estate than the typical 7" Android tablet.
But what's the point if there's no profit in these feature phones?
Agreed. I'm not really following the rationale of some other posts. The only thing that I would add to yours is that Apple will move all their handsets to 4" Retinas and cease production soon (if they haven't already) of 3.5" Retinas. For a cheaper-to-build model I think we'll see 4 or 4S internals in a new shell and with Lightning. $400 off contract.   However, even if the internals are last year's, how does Apple visually differentiate the industrial design from the...
I disagree that Apple would even consider naming a cheaper build model "iPhone". Not. Gonna. Happen. Ever. They would never have called an iPad Mini "iPad" and added a qualifier instead to the 9.7" iPad to indicate that it is better than the (new, cheaper, smaller) iPad.   I don't think they've ever done such a thing to a new category product in the post-iPhone era. Any new cheaper build model will be iPhone xyz, but they would not dilute the iPhone brand in a way that...
I'm not sure you know what desperately poor looks like. It doesn't look anything like buying a smartphone of any brand 
Thanks for the info on the Airplay only option for Prime, that's a bit f a deal breaker for me, especially since they're not offering much more than Netflix-and I don't buy enough from Amazon to otherwise justify the cost.   I had been giving Netflix my money since they first came on the scene with mail-in DVDs. I recently gave it up on my ATV. I basically felt that Netflix didn't have much more to offer compared to Hulu+. Rather than pay for both Netflix and Hulu+, I...
Thanks! The requirement for Airplay is the deal breaker for me. I can Airplay, but there's too much lag and the picture quality is not great. Maybe after I upgrade to 802.11ac from n for all my hardware I'll give it a shot. I recently gave up Netflix after I watched all of House of Cards because there was so little I wanted to watch. I switched to Hulu+ because there are more network shows and of course, the Criterion Collection. Having Hulu+ and Netflix didn't make much...