or Connect

Posts by Carthusia

Agreed. I'm not really following the rationale of some other posts. The only thing that I would add to yours is that Apple will move all their handsets to 4" Retinas and cease production soon (if they haven't already) of 3.5" Retinas. For a cheaper-to-build model I think we'll see 4 or 4S internals in a new shell and with Lightning. $400 off contract.   However, even if the internals are last year's, how does Apple visually differentiate the industrial design from the...
I disagree that Apple would even consider naming a cheaper build model "iPhone". Not. Gonna. Happen. Ever. They would never have called an iPad Mini "iPad" and added a qualifier instead to the 9.7" iPad to indicate that it is better than the (new, cheaper, smaller) iPad.   I don't think they've ever done such a thing to a new category product in the post-iPhone era. Any new cheaper build model will be iPhone xyz, but they would not dilute the iPhone brand in a way that...
I'm not sure you know what desperately poor looks like. It doesn't look anything like buying a smartphone of any brand 
Thanks for the info on the Airplay only option for Prime, that's a bit f a deal breaker for me, especially since they're not offering much more than Netflix-and I don't buy enough from Amazon to otherwise justify the cost.   I had been giving Netflix my money since they first came on the scene with mail-in DVDs. I recently gave it up on my ATV. I basically felt that Netflix didn't have much more to offer compared to Hulu+. Rather than pay for both Netflix and Hulu+, I...
Thanks! The requirement for Airplay is the deal breaker for me. I can Airplay, but there's too much lag and the picture quality is not great. Maybe after I upgrade to 802.11ac from n for all my hardware I'll give it a shot. I recently gave up Netflix after I watched all of House of Cards because there was so little I wanted to watch. I switched to Hulu+ because there are more network shows and of course, the Criterion Collection. Having Hulu+ and Netflix didn't make much...
How do you like Amazon Prime? I kinda cut the cord. I have internet and just very basic TV channels along with Hulu+ and iTunes on the Apple TV. Is the video quality and interface comparable to iTunes or Hulu+ as far as you know? Does Amazon Prime fill in some content gaps? If so, I'd definitely buy a Prime membership.
A bit off topic, TS, but I for one am glad you've not been banned. But have you been and now you're, like, a Mod Zombie now? Just asking.
I get your point, but I live in Manhattan and often carry my iPhone charger in my pocket when i don;t have a briefcase with me. I would definitely use one.   Also, I did mention that a good option would be an attended vendor, much like the newspaper and candy vendors on the sidewalks and in the subway stations; and the person using a "secured" kiosk won't be required to leave the area, but they could.    Even if most people won't need it, in a city of over 8 million...
Huh?
Twenty-five charging stations and what, six outlets? In a city of over 8 million residents and millions more tourists? Yeah, that'll do it. Meanwhile, I'll pull up a folding chair, grab a bag of popcorn, and watch the mayhem ensue. I can seriously see the fights breaking out while disgruntled residents wait for a gaggle of tweens get full charges on their iPhones.    Seriously, I'm still surprised that there hasn't been a commercial service where street vendors...