or Connect

Posts by Carthusia

Exactly! I'm dumbfounded by all the whiners who got exactly what they were asking for. Now, it's, "OMG, Apple effed this up!" I'm finally convinced that some people, even so-called Apple fans, will never be happy. I read the live blogs and watched the keynote and Apple did pretty much everything they could have with this iOS 7 release-and more. Cry me a frickin' river.
I don't think it does. I always need to authenticate at Starbucks (I'm on ATT) whenever I try Wi-fi. Starbucks is an ATT Wi-fi partner.
I think Apple wants iAd revenue and increased payments from iTunes sales. It will be interesting to see what they roll out.   Having said that, I would love a decent curated streaming radio service that also allows me to cache tunes for offline listening and I'm willing to pay a monthly subscription fee for that. Unfortunately, Spotify just does not work for me. Pandora also does not fit the bill, either. I do not want to train a computer to know what I like, not do...
Well said
Beautiful is the new app tagline; every new app being pushed is "beautiful". Phooey. I read Gruber's plug for this app earlier today and bought it. I love my iPhone photo apps.   But beware: it crashes every single time I attempt to save a photo with it using my 4S. I don't think these guys ever test these app; the articles are more like ads.   I mean, really, how hard can it be to build a stable app that really does nothing but provide a b&w filter? Not worth...
The changes are in line with what I had hoped for and expected. They'll only very gradually change the look and feel of icons and UI so as not to alienate or confuse users.
Many, many people on this forum said that the iPad mini needed to be no more than $249 to be a hit. I disagreed whole-heartedly. Their pricing suppositions proved to be very, very wrong. No offense to those who are strapped for cash, but if $50 spread over a 2-3 year life of a smartphone is too much to bear, he or she should seek out a different option.
I think $399 for a new value model unlocked is the right price, all things considered. Any less and they'll be leaving cash on the table, any more and there will be a psychological pricing barrier. Design-wise, they could use the same unibody aluminum iPhone case, 4" Retina display, include LTE, have a cheaper camera and NAND, offer 16 GB storage capacity only, etc. The 4 and 4S will be axed and this new model will get the last gen iPhone's one-year-old guts. (I think the...
But you can. Inside Camera.app, you can tap on the Camera Roll button, which is in the bottom left corner and is represented as a miniature of the last picture in your Camera Roll. That button takes you to the Camera Roll (which, again, IS in your Camera App). From your Camera Roll or Photos.app, tap on a photo, the share sheet emerges, and you can share that photo with any number of enabled apps (e.g., iMessage, Mail, facebook, Twitter). That bottom left button in...
Agreed. I just can't see selling it for less than a Galaxy Nexus. It just sends the wrong signal. And they don't NEED to sell it too low.