or Connect

Posts by Carthusia

He's a D**K!!, why? Why does he bother you so much, especially given you only "know" him through media portrayals? And we know how objective they are.
Do you have ANY idea how many artists of all genres and media change their names? Lady Gaga? I doubt you know much about rap at all to begin to make any conclusions about Jay Z's reputation in that medium. If you don't like rap music or rap culture, fine. However, your "these guys" and "Yo, Bro" statements tell me a lot about you.
Their statements tend to be tightly controlled by the central government. Could an individual bureaucrat put this out without express direction from their superiors? Perhaps it was simply a trial balloon that was floated?
Huh...more than the U.S.? Russia? We're all bad actors.
Let's say Apple employs 500,000 Chinese factory workers (and there are very many more indirect employs from suppliers, etc., no doubt)-that only represents 1/2,714th of the population. The hurt would be in the lost revenue from Apple's operations more so than worker employment.
Yes, it is absolutely hypocritical. But don't you think the State Council would have expected Apple to balk when it was first leaked? Chine still needs Americans to sell to. Import tariffs (or concessions to the Chinese) still go along way in diplomacy. Alternatively, perhaps there was something China wanted from the U.S., threatened this action, and we gave them what they wanted.
My guess is that it wasn't just Tim, although I'd bet he could get through to Xi Jinping directly. The White House, State Department, Homeland Security...all of them would have had strong words for Beijing. 
Pink may have as much to do with fashion, Ahrendts' retail leadership, and women's enormous buying power.
I think they're getting rid of the Air as we know it and going back to MacBook and MacBook Pro. They might get rid of the 11' and 13" Airs and go to a cheaper sub-$1,000 non-Retina, slower, 12" machine-but if its heavier, how can they brand that an 'Air' and this MacBook?
Yup.