or Connect

Posts by Carthusia

I would love the know the price of the Milanese Loop. I want that on the Watch in black stainless steel. Some say the link bracelet will be the most expensive, but that Loop bracelet looks extremely hard to manufacture. I'm guessing about $500 for that band alone, pushing my Watch of choice up to a grand.   I might need to make due with the Watch Steel-Black with the black fluoroelastomer band. I'm more of a $500 watch guy than a $1,000+ watch guy and more concerned...
I'll pay it. Right now I have the lowest tier cable package on top of internet from Time Warner. I also pay for Hulu+ and Netflix, about $8 bucks each. I rent iTunes movies and tv shows from time to time, all through Apple TV. Add HBO Now to that and I have all I need.   I could get rid of cable complete and just get internet, but that low tier package also offers free on demand for a lot of network programming I don't pay for.    I'll catch up on as much HBO content...
Tim's got some 'splainin to do.
Consider that because you do not think strong reactions to repeated copying is childish does not, in fact, make it so. Apple is a hardware/software/platform/experiences company that pushes forward by integrating design into everything it does. A big part of that is its marketing effort. When you look at the history of Apple, it consistently has been copied, most recently by the Google/Samsung guys. (Side Note: It's so funny when I hear from Android fans, "Android already...
You're taking things out of context. Apple Pay debuts (after Google had their own brand-Google Wallet). Very shortly after Samsung and Google respond with new marketing efforts; "Hey let's call or Samsung Pay and Android Pay." And I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that Google and Samsung collaborated on that branding effort. Google/Android/Samsung customers continually dismiss the blatant copying. After a while there are massive credibility hits. It's really lame and really...
Reread your own charming second paragraph: "They're also dong it properly with tokenisation - thanks to Visa and Mastercard etc - so where credit is due let's not just be "nah nah nah Apple did this first.." We're not 3 year old kids in a playground for heaven's sake." I would not have had the response I had if you had not been so dismissive. There were passionate but rational criticisms of yet another perceived ripoff and you reduced it to a claim that others were acting...
The operative phrase here is "supposed to be". Let's see how that pans out. And "far better"? That's laughable.
No one would care as much if those Android/Samsung services were not named XXXXX Pay. That is a ripoff designed to cause brand and functionality confusion and piggyback off Apple's marketing efforts. Several folks including yourself are poo poo-ing the blowback, but what do you think Google expected when they branded their service Android Pay? Why don't you address that aspect of it?
Go away. The concern is not about Google having its own electronic wallet. Eventually, everyone and their grandmother will have one. What's pissing people here off is that Samsung named their service Samsung Pay and Google named their service Android Pay. There is a clear attempt to piggyback off the brand prestige of Apple Pay. They want consumers to think that Google Pay and Samsung Pay are the same thing as Apple Pay. So tell me, is XXXXX Pay the only way to brand an...
Yes. By this account, it would appear the Nokia phone evidences positional but not the curvature continuity of iPhone 6/6+.