or Connect

Posts by Carthusia

How much of the Atlas technology can be packed into the first gen "iWatch" if Alex Hsieh was just brought on in June? Perhaps this hire reflects work for the second gen device? I'd hate to think the iWatch won't launch this year, but I'm growing pessimistic. Also, Atlas must hold patents. If so, is Hsieh himself a patent holder? Furthermore, how are rights to these patents split between co-founders? Long term patent license agreements for additional undisclosed boatloads...
 Something tells me that ship set sail at WWDC. Apple's solution is low priced iCloud Drive storage, not a break on the price for internal storage. Not saying I agree, but I think that is their thinking. People need extra space mainly for their photos and videos and Apple has provided that at a nominal cost-in perpetuity and tied to your Apple ID not your phone. That's kinda genius from a business perspective.
No offense, but you sound exactly like a paid shill for Amazon. Not saying you are one, but you sound exactly how I'd expect one to sound.
I thinI heard a stat that the wait time for Mayday is under 10 seconds. Impressive if true.
You'd agree that the app ecosytem is important, no?
This product NEEDS a disruptive pricing model for hardware and data/voice. To turn Gruber's Apple observations on their ear, "Only Amazon could do that." Given the strength of AWS, I'm surprised. I agree that the 3D stuff is gimmicky, but Amazon Prime for a year (should be for the life of the 2 year contract) and the tie-ins with Amazon purchases were marketing no-brainers To wit, I bought a Kindle Paperwhite mainly because Amazon offered me a zero itnterest payment plan...
I agree, and in that sense LeBron is no different.
I had a feeling I would see this type of post coming. Reading something into nothing? Ok. 
Ok, so all celebrity endorsers are "whores"? Or just the "urban" ones? I've read a lot of your angry rants, but this barely-concealed coded racist language "This is the kind of people that Apple wishes to be associated with?" is much too much. There, I said it. 
I read that, too. If you liked that DF take down, you should check out the episode of Gruber's podcast, the Talk Show, where Gurman was a guest. Ouch!