or Connect

Posts by Carthusia

I regularly use six of those photos apps. Mextures is awesome. My Pedco Ultrapod II Light weight Tripod mount and Shoulderpod S1 Smartphone rig to be indispensable hardware accessories for my iPhonography. I haven't heard enough personal reviews about the olloclip to fee the need to add that accessory.
I applaud Cook on all his efforts to enhance personal freedom and diversity. However, his "extermination" comments were troubling and appeared somewhat uncharacteristic of him. Additionally, what will happen when this comes to pass: http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/27/us-china-security-idUSKBN0LV19020150227 I never thought it was such a good idea for Cook to so stridently woo the Chinese market. Now their leadership has Apple and other tech companies by the balls....
Not every form of terrorism is "extreme" terrorism. Where do you draw the line? Not being a victim of terrorism, I assume, you have no basis to make such a claim.The Klan prefers to tie them up behind trucks and drag them to death and are thoroughly infiltrated into law enforcement departments  and other positions of almost absolute power all over the country. They terrorize people of color and non-Christians all-the-time. Right now. Whole parts of the South and pacific...
Amazon should buy all of them.
This is a bit of goalpost moving. There is clear intent in my comments to make the case against hardware and/or permanent brand marks, like the permanent BOSE on the speaker grille and to call out the self-promoting motivations behind such design decisions. The Bose speakers have a brand mark with NO purpose other than to promote the Bose brand. Including icons that have functional value to the OS/UI in an effort to dismiss or obfuscate my point was an interesting...
Good point about the iMac...that might annoy me after a while, but not much. It doesn't serve the user so it should get out of the way. To your other points, it seems you may be moving the goalpost a little. My objections (if you've carefully read my comments) were about the functional value and scale of the Bose branding, not objections against any and all branding-that's silly. I never complain about a software UI element, which has some functions lvalue. The relatively...
That's an icon, not a brand mark.
If that was directed at my comments, c'mon; that logo is hardly small! If only. Crazy, insane? That's a bit hyperbolic. I gave lengthy explanations of my thinking above and don't think any of it is insane. Are we looking at the same photo?! It covers just about half of the grille! Also, think about it. Why? I really can't think of another BT speaker that has this. Not one. Again, it's not as if this speaker blows everything else out of the water. I'll give yet another...
You may be misapplying the term "illogical", unless you feel THAT strongly about this. You may think it is unreasonable (I don't), but nothing I have written defies the laws of nature or mathematics (in the strict sense) or is unreasonable or nonsensical. Some people only use products with logos-that is their preference-but it does not make them nonsensical. That aside, much of our preference in consumer electronics is subjective, not objective. I don't think I've seen...
No it's not silly, just my preference. We all have things we care about aesthetically and that's mine. It's not as if I heard it was a "best-of-class" must have. Think of it this way, if there were a great pair of stereo bookshelf or floor speakers, would you care if there was a logo emblazoned on the front grilles? I wouldn't buy them no matter what the quality or reviews.