or Connect

Posts by Carthusia

If this report turns out to be true, I'll be happy as a pig in $#1T. I'm off release cycle and won't be eligible for an upgrade until March or so and will get  6 month old 5S or wait even longer for a "6". I can get a new hardware model shortly after I'm up for a new subbed phone. I superficially long for a new new iPhone model since I missed the 5 and 5s releases and am still stuck on a 4S   In some ways it would make sense for Apple to release large (or Pro) mobile...
If Andy Rubin can make a viable business out of this and other robotics-related Google acquisitions, then color me impressed. Something just tells me he's in over his head and that this might be some sort of vanity project.
I  think the move is a direct response to competition from the likes of T Mobile who already offer some form of this "discount". With this move ATT and their shareholders may see the wisdom of stanching subscriber flows to more affordable networks.
With hundreds of millions of iOS and Mac users, Apple must be drowning in data and needs to throw some money at the problem. There's quite a bit on the backend of their services offerings that Apple could use the underlying algorithms and human talent for, including:   iTunes iCloud iAd iTunes Radio iOS and Mac App Stores Apple Online Retail Stores Apple TV Maps [In my dreams: Apple Search]
Google's dishonestly and cheating just has no end. There's this sense I get that they, as an organizational, believe that the world's resources are theirs to take as they please. If they need to lie, cheat, and steal to get it they will.
Makes me wonder how the Chromebook Pixel is working out for them. Google doesn't quite realize that there's a difference between being out-of-reach and harboring elitist aspirations vs. Apple's strategy of affordable luxury. Glass is out-of-reach enough. Did they have to make seeing/using this product truly only available to Glassholes? Their marketing is just, just horrible.
I imagine Apple will still make tons of money through the online Apple Store. The refreshed iOS Apple Store app will make it even easier and more enjoyable for shoppers to part with their money between overstuffed plates of meats and treats.   Gobble, gobble, y'awlll!
Maybe I got this wrong, but my understanding from this and another story is that now all US Apple Retail Stores WILL be closed. All WERE previously planned to be closed on Thanksgiving Day, yet some managers balked, wanted NOT to be closed, and planned to remain open. Tim vetoed that position (ostensibly losing money for the company) and stated that, yes, they all WOULD be closed. Story: All US Apple Retail stores will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, potentially losing...
Clearly people love the iPad (although my needs differ) and have found workarounds for some of its limitations for use as a desktop replacement. Yet I can only imagine this "device" as primarily a desktop replacement using touch on iOS instead of OSX and K/M. Secondarily, some folks will detach it from a lightweight keyboard (Apple's own design) for meetings, presentations, moving around the house, etc.   It may not make use of multiple app windows simultaneously, yet...
I do know all that. Calculating margin of error is one of the most basic of 100-level statistics. You wrote: "All of this assumes the sample was truly random; but there's no reason to assume it's not, unless otherwise known." Wow. Really? Understanding how to calculate a simple statistic using division and square root, yet not knowing how to challenge basic assumptions in absence of any documentation of methods is an error that usually, godawfully, is present in a great...