or Connect

Posts by PowerMach

Just an FYI to everyone: Pay attention when this man posts. Computer Plus of Sunnydale was THE place.   Thank you, Dick, for being there in the early days and for everything you've done for the Macintosh community.
Anthropologically speaking there are four: Australoid, Caucasoid, Mongoloid and Negroid. The term 'race' is related to anthropology, right? - I don't believe it should be applied to current winds blowing through common parlance. I feel it leads to incorrect overuse of the term racism.   I didn't mean to imply that I had discarded the possibility of a particular bias on the part of the judge. I meant to imply that I am severely uninformed about this particular judge and...
"Korean" is not a race. Nationalist bias, perhaps.   (I'm not suggesting she has this bias.)
  There was OS X Public Beta ($29.95) before the release of OS X 10.0 ($129).  
  How does Nest work if I have multiple Nest Learning Thermostats in the same home?   If you have more than one Nest Learning Thermostat in your home, they work together to keep you comfortable and save energy. If you have multiple thermostats in your home, you can replace any or all of them with a Nest Learning Thermostat. While Nest Learning Thermostats work just fine with regular thermostats, your home benefits from additional features when every thermostat’s a...
It's really no big deal. Just another 'thing' you can buy that interfaces with your iOS device. Extensions to your ecosystem, if you will.   http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipad/ipad_accessories/app_enabled  
...Corona is an acronym for "racoon"   Uh, no. It's an anagram.
I have been an iPad user since day 1. I am not embarrassed to say that some of the capabilities/functionality described by this poster are desirable.
I believe it's 7 PA bands + the GSM/EDGE (1800 Mhz). edit: That really doesn't answer your question, does it? Sorry.
Are these tech blogs based in the USA? ("every tech blog in the world") No mystery at all. It is entirely correct for an "author" to use the local unit of measurement. AppleInsider = American website. Notice that there is no second level domain after appleinsider.com (e.g. appleinsider.com.au).edit: Just for clarification: I truly believe the metric system is far more efficient, but confusing the reader (in this case many Americans) isn't.