or Connect

Posts by woodbine

I need cores for Compressor work. So I am actively looking at a refurb MP to give me some more oomph. It's a shame that Apple cannot see a way to provide for more customers needs apart from up-selling into a whole another price category.
I believe the point here is in in 1991, when Apple made their first agreement with Ireland, Apple's revenues were fairly minor, so any savings were commensurately minor. However, Apple's revenues are now huge and the whole tax business is becoming an embarrassment. As they say "an embarrassment of riches". Clearly, back in 2007, Apple realised their revenues and by default their tax savings, were growing almost exponentially...hence the second agreement or understanding,...
I don't get this at all, I mean how do you actually smuggle in iPhone/s to China? In a suitcase? I mean isn't a suitcase of Twinkies gonna attract some attention? Are they smuggled in one by one? The cost of the air fare must be factored in as well.  My guess is that China has a bunch of corrupt Customs officials and this is just another aspect of Chinese organised crime. 
Last week google sent me several emails, saying that my account was accessed illegally, but the only evidence they seemed to use was the access came from a location not near me. They cited the DNS number and that number was associated with another city. But when I looked at the list of locations, I realised that they had only identified the nearest ISP that served the request. So one was 50 miles away, some were much closer and one just happened to be 200 miles away. It...
Then Samsung will just have to bring out an even bigger phone, Oh wait, they have, it's called the Note and it's a massive success, not.
Frequent Locations data, I'd be interested to see a user reset their iPhone and then restore from a backup. I wonder if all that frequent location data is lost and finding your way around takes longer.
 The problem is that to get to the 'High Street' means I have to use my car. So for me I always try to weigh the total impact of my purchases. Pollution, congestion all factor in on the equation. I've been many times to the USA and California, especially. I despaired that to buy the simplest item meant a drive in the car, because the mall was too far to walk to. At least in the UK, most cities have a compact centre, making shopping locally much easier for the city...
Much as I like Amazon and do use them for many purchases. I don't agree with the wholesale destruction of businesses up and down the High Street. I know capitalism is all about this type of growth/destruction, but for just one company to have so much power and a growing power over the suppliers will only end in tears...for the consumer.
on what planet is an iPod a better e-reader than the kindle?
You know that is an intriguing idea, the wrap-around display could be segmented to show many different metrics and the user simply rotates band to see what they want. Patent this.