or Connect

Posts by CogitoDexter

Typically RFC enabled credit cards have a low limit for simple swipes - that limit is usually more than any individual fare on the London Underground (or buses). I can't see why Apple Pay should have to work any differently. Besides, having used the Underground for many years, there are still plenty of people who get to the barriers and only then start fishing out their Oyster card from their coats, handbags, etc. I don't see the phone even with the necessity of a...
Wait? You spend your leisure hours shooting holes in the walls of your house?
That may be so, but since I certainly have - twice - needed to completely refresh a couple of iPhones due to problems with Springboard and battery life issues that stemmed from said problems, it must therefore be said that your statement can only be subjective.
I got my orders in 2 minutes after the pre-orders opened. Both (a stainless steel and a sport version) arrived this morning.   I'm happy - and I didn't have to go to Paris and stand in a line :)
UK iOS Store app came back to life at about 8.03am.    Two orders - one for me, one for someone special - successfully placed.   Now for the wait to see what the delivery date will be!
There is such a culture of anti-politics at the moment in the UK (where I abide) that I can see this being spun as MPs being given all sorts of undeserved toys and benefits. I predict that very little will be made of the apparent threefold financial savings that this initiative will be responsible for.
The thing about the Apple Watch for me (and, to a lesser extent, my Moto 360) is that it provides me with a target to meet and to better.   I like targets. It gives me something to focus on. I can compete with myself and, to the extent that it allows it, my Moto 360 helps. Sure, I can try to eat less and move about more, but I'm not quite so aspergic that I'm capable of counting all my steps throughout the day - that needs a bit of reliable tech. So much the better if...
People seem to say "they don't wear a watch" as though that were some sort of insurmountable barrier to buying an Apple Watch.   What Apple are clearly doing here is providing to these sorts of people some reasons why they may want to reconsider that decision - specifically in relation to fitness in this instance.   If you don't wear a watch now, you might in future wear a 'smart' one if you perceive enough benefit from the extra facilities, feedback and information...
Ouch! Apple should really not be falling prey to this sort of mis-step.
That Lenovo graphic is egregiously misleading.   A 0.3mm difference in thickness is 2.3% thinner (i.e. imperceptible). That appalling graphic makes it look like it's in excess of 33% thinner. Which it's not.   Also cough spyware cough...