or Connect

Posts by galore2112

Honey, my professional background is about 15 years in CE (as in Consumer Electronics) both in engineering and management and contrary to you (most likely, making an assumption now), I have worked with Samsung's semiconductor business for years and I know their culture very well. So spare my this condescending BS. Do you even know how Samsung is structured? You honestly believe their BS about their internal firewalls? If so, bless your heart.   And "a couple of...
@Godwin's Law invoker:   I'm sorry but given how vitriolic people are against Samsung in these quarters it's mind bending to be simultaneously totally cool with Apple purchasing vital components from "Shamesung / Samescum".   Every time I'm disgusted with that Korean copy-machine (and I have a special disgust for them given that I had the pleasure to go through their obscene security procedures in Suwon many times in the past. Samsung as a company is paranoid...
To funny how y'all rant about Samsung but the RAM is a Samsung PoP on top of Apple's A6 (made by Samsung).   I can understand rooting for a team (Apple) but I would feel a bit stupid rooting that hard for a team if that team "cheats" on me by doing so much business with the enemy LOL!
LOL ATT !   They had me as a customer since 2007. Average bill was $125/month. This was without a text messaging plan but with international calling (metered). Well, they had their wish and had me cancel their unlimited data plan.   But then, when my iPhone4 contract expired, I had them unlock my phone and switched to T-mobile pre-paid. So instead of $125/month they get $0/month from me and will never get me back as a customer. And I will badmouth them...
I also think that Scott Forstall is extremely creepy. I get a really vicious backstabbing crazy vibe from that guy. He would be a horrible choice as the public face.
The best use for me is international. When I travel now with my locked ATT iPhone, I have an ultra expensive smartphone in Europe and Asia. Places where I really would like to use maps on the iPhone (not pre-downloaded), stay in contact through e-mail, check out local restaurants etc. If I would want to do this now, it'd be prohibitively expensive because of INSANE data roaming charges. Same with voice calls. $2/minute. So I always switch data off and time my calls. And...
What an asinine reply of yours. I hope for Apple's long term future that your attitude is not indicative of their corporate culture because with such a "my farts smell like roses" attitude, I'd be very concerned.
You Apple apologists are strange. I have quite a few Apple products (the first Intel iMac, a 27" iMac, have all iPhones (except 4s), the new iPad) so don't confuse me for some Android fanboy on Google's payroll whose part time job is to seed anti-Apple sentiment. That said, I don't get Apple's advertising strategy lately. I always found Apple's main attraction to be their very high quality and design. What's with this ridiculous advertising nowadays where Siri is...
Chill out - what exactly was leaked? That TI makes some power management chip for the upcoming phone from Apple? BFD. That's like getting outraged if McDonalds leaks that they sold a hamburger to the iPhone development team... We all know that a new iPhone is coming this year and a power management chip isn't exactly a sexy part of this phone, is it ?!
The more I read about LTE, the more I get convinced that it is just a very weak technology because apparently it has such low bandwidth that it can't handle a reasonable amount of users at speeds greater than 64 kbps. Why would anyone want LTE? - it can't handle useful data usage. What a tainted product...