or Connect

Posts by galore2112

The best use for me is international. When I travel now with my locked ATT iPhone, I have an ultra expensive smartphone in Europe and Asia. Places where I really would like to use maps on the iPhone (not pre-downloaded), stay in contact through e-mail, check out local restaurants etc. If I would want to do this now, it'd be prohibitively expensive because of INSANE data roaming charges. Same with voice calls. $2/minute. So I always switch data off and time my calls. And...
What an asinine reply of yours. I hope for Apple's long term future that your attitude is not indicative of their corporate culture because with such a "my farts smell like roses" attitude, I'd be very concerned.
You Apple apologists are strange. I have quite a few Apple products (the first Intel iMac, a 27" iMac, have all iPhones (except 4s), the new iPad) so don't confuse me for some Android fanboy on Google's payroll whose part time job is to seed anti-Apple sentiment. That said, I don't get Apple's advertising strategy lately. I always found Apple's main attraction to be their very high quality and design. What's with this ridiculous advertising nowadays where Siri is...
Chill out - what exactly was leaked? That TI makes some power management chip for the upcoming phone from Apple? BFD. That's like getting outraged if McDonalds leaks that they sold a hamburger to the iPhone development team... We all know that a new iPhone is coming this year and a power management chip isn't exactly a sexy part of this phone, is it ?!
The more I read about LTE, the more I get convinced that it is just a very weak technology because apparently it has such low bandwidth that it can't handle a reasonable amount of users at speeds greater than 64 kbps. Why would anyone want LTE? - it can't handle useful data usage. What a tainted product...
I believe that once the carriers stop running commercials showing people who appear to upload and download videos all day long on the super-fast LTE network. BTW, I hit 3GB a month (and got the lovely warning - WTF, I should use WiFi ?! - what am I paying stupid AT&T ~$120/month for???) for streaming an international radio station during my commute each day. That's a couple of hours of rather low bandwidth 128kbps (kilo, not mega) a day. I think it is dishonest to the...
LTE is a bit too cutting edge right now and not very established so I don't mind lack of international compatibility. I don't think LTE is attractive at all right now. It reminds me of how telcos sold data before the first iPhone. So expensive that you couldn't really utilize 3G speeds without breaking the bank. Then the iPhone (I know, not 3G) came along with unlimited data, then the iPhone 3G(s) with either unlimited data or at least semi-reasonable 3GB, $10/GB limits,...
No, it's called creating a buzz so that we all talk about it, making even more people want the "rare" iPad. Because Apple couldn't do an Amazon and make things a bit more responsive. Even if 100s of millions of people would order in one day, I can't imagine that they can't make an online store that doesn't "crumble" in an era of 70Mbps via LTE. I mean, how many transactions could you fit into 70 million bits per second in just one second so even if Apple's online store...
5GB for LTE? So if you use the LTE plan like those super-fast douchebags in AT&Ts obnoxious TV commercial, you exhaust your allotted limit in a day, more or less? Also, does AT&T pay TV "reporters" to brainwash us into the "OMG the networks are so clogged that we have to throttle" BS? If it's so jammed, why can I get 3.5Mbps download without any problems anywhere in Dallas? Especially if I pay extra for more GB/month?
I am also getting throttled after the warning message. I use about 4GB a month, mostly international radio streaming about 1 hour a day during commute and another 45 minutes a day during workout. On the weekends, I stream about 8 hours each day because I'm outdoors all weekend and want to listen to a station from my previous home country. Add some light web browsing during the week and I arrive at 4GB. Now throttled. I first got upset when I read the posts from other...