or Connect

Posts by Maecvs

Are you kidding me? The phone I had before my OG iPhone was a HTC touch running winblows mobile. It was a horrible piece of crap. Doing the simplest thing on it was a Hurculean labour! Half the time I couldn't even figure out how to get on-line, and when I did, it was the crippled Internet that SJ talked about in his initial presser for the iPhone. The OS was a nightmare to use, and completely user unfriendly. Don't miss it at all. It's interesting to look back though,...
I hurt myself laughing so hard!!!
Any word yet on a date for the 2012 shareholders meeting?
He was in the vid. A quick pic of him holding his hands to his head.... :P
The ISPs would never go for that. They would protect their turf to the death. Just using random numbers, right now the average house probably has five intent capable devices, (not including game boxess like PS3), and three TVs. Currently, the three TVs are using cable to watch TV. We will say they are using 1 mbs to do their thing. That's 3 mbs. Now, we will say 5 mbs for each computer device. That's 25 mbs. We will add one game console, for another 5 mbs. So, currently,...
A good question. Will Apple handle everything out of their data farms? I've heard they are building another one. The problem is, one you enter into an Internet based TV model, everything you watch becomes a VOD event. It's like everyone with a computer starts watching Netflix, every day, in every household, in every town. That's what an Internet based TV is. It's the ultimate video on demand. Even with a server dedicated to every state, it's going to kill Internet...
Basically what I'm saying is that the Internet is getting crowded, and is only going to get more so without some infrastructure improvements. I would hate to see an Apple TV suffer because of it. Wanting to be able to to ten things, but only being able to do four because of bandwidth restrictions
Exactly, which is why the current Internet is becoming more and more strained. It needs to be upgraded to fiber optic, and that will take time, and money......
True, but the difference is the way the downstreaming happens. Currently there is no bandwidth issues when millions of people all watch TV from a coax signal. in addition, there are tens of thousands of sources for those coax TV signals, as each cable company is just a simple re-broadcaster of someone else's content. In addition to the millions of people that receive their signals over the air. Internet streaming is an entirely different beast. There are fewer sources...
If you had 50 million American households all watching Internet TV at the same time, multiply that by 300 million TVs all around the world, all watching TV on the Internet at the SAME TIME, the net would crash. This would happen every hour, of every day....... Like I said, the Internet is not react for this yet. Netflix alone is bringing Internet traffic to its knees. We don't have the Internet infrastructure in place yet to make a world wide Internet TV a practical...