or Connect

Posts by Think

What's with the Radeon graphics solution? Logistically speaking, wouldn't it be more efficient to use the same nVidia solutions as are employed in the MacBook Pro?
Because of the new iPod nano color selection and the heavy sales of the black version, I can see that black may well be the next white for Apple. However, I certainly hope that this isn't true. I say this only because many retail Windows-based computers and other home electronic devices (plasma TVs, revievers, DVD players, etc) seem to be in some combination of black and silver. Take a look at Dell's Inspiron 6000 and 9300 - both of these laptops are silver, white and...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820144812 There's a 1gb GeIL SO-DIMM that should work like a top with your PowerBook. And at only ~119 dollars, that's only about 15 bucks more than what I payed for my 512mb DDR333 SO-DIMM about a year ago. Those prices sure are dropping. Hope you find what you're looking for.
Honestly, you won't notice the difference between the timings unless you're doing some super intensive work, and even then it won't be a serious difference. While I'm not aware of the iMac's factory timings, I would assume it's 2.5-4-4-8. Additionally, timings generally slow down as you increase in module size, so getting quick 1gb modules will probably cost you a pretty penny. Good luck with your purchases all! I'm super jealous of your iMacs... I covet one of the...
Well, the Wintec memory (second link in the above post) has a review posted from an iMac G5 owner saying that the memory works in his machine after Hardware Checker and 4 runs of Memtest. Here's a copy/paste of the review of the Wintec memory. "We've been running this chip for 2 weeks without trouble in an iMac G5 (with original 256 MB; total RAM now 1.25 GB). Tested it with Apple's Hardware Checker, and overnight with 4 runs of Memtest 4.03M (under single-user unix...
Or you could spend $79.99 + $4.99 shipping for this (limit 1 item): http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16820223020 Or if you need more than one stick, $85.99 + $4.33 shipping for this: http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16820161626 Both are 1gb DDR400 DIMM modules for much less than those other sites.
I'm still not sold on the red on black color scheme, but all in all those are some really great additions. iPod Photo is something that's gonna be great for digital picture enthusiasts. All in all, another great update from Apple!
www.apple.com yay ^_^
I got a 12" 1.33 PB for my first Apple purchase ever, and all I can say is wow! After my educational discount, this is the best bang-for-buck deal out there, not to mention the sexiest small laptop I've come across. I got a base model 256mb/60gb model and recently upgraded the ram with a 512mb stick from Transcend, purchased at www.newegg.com. Even before the memory upgrade, the computer was very quick to respond to any command. As a hardcore PC user, I must say...
Yes, I just noticed those reviews as well. But that memory aside, 200 pin DDR333 so-dimm's are what the PB's use, correct?