or Connect

Posts by MacBook Pro

Within just the past ninety days all these premier cloud services providers have had service outages:Facebook Is Down On Web And Mobile [Update: It's Coming Back After 20 Minutes]Google Drive Goes Down: Search Giant Is Investigating Cause Of Outage That Affected Cloud Apps, Storage Microsoft Cloud Service Azure Experienced Global OutageThe purpose of the preceding isn't specifically to detail failings of Apple's competitors. The point of this post is to note that...
Apple has few peers in cloud services as demonstrated in my previous post; Amazon, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Twitter and Yahoo. Apple is essentially offering the equivalent of all the following; Amazon Instant Video, BlackBerry Messenger, Google Apps, Google Play, IHeartRadio music streaming, Microsoft Skype, PlayStation Network (or Xbox Live) and Yahoo Maps combined. The breadth and depth of cloud services as well as the size of the user base are especially...
Google Android dug its own grave and now must lie in it.
While many argue even today that Apple "doesn't 'get' the cloud,' this is patently false.The 24th most popular website in the United States, Apple.comThe 38th most popular website globally Apple.com (beating such companies as About.com, Adobe Systems, Alibaba Group, BBC, Blogger.com, CNN, Craigslist, ESPN.com, GoDaddy, The Huffington Post, IMDb, Netflix, The Pirate Bay, Reddit, Wordpress.org and every XXX site on the Internet)A leading online retailer (top ten by some...
The entire point of the article is that high performance off-screen doesn't necessarily equate to high performance on-screen e.g. real world performance.
This is why to this day Android proponents insist that tablets are toys.
Google finally admitted that Android is for suckers.
Whoa! Slow down there, Tex. Don't go using common sense.
I have high hopes for the iPad; I already sold my iPad weeks ago. I find the 6,400-by-3,600-pixel screen resolution rumor difficult to believe. This resolution is much higher than any other computer monitor I could find on the market. This resolution would require an amazing GPU.