or Connect

Posts by MacBook Pro

The problem with this is that Apple has secured multiple data sources including Acxiom, Factual and Localeze. Yelp only provides business reviews. Acxiom, Factual and Localeze are data aggregators and are considered the authoritative sources for business listings even more so than Google.
Where? The question is still valid.
There are several additional apps that readers may find interesting. Easily Do EasilyDo is a smart assistant that pulls actionable information from your calendar, email, contacts, Facebook, etc. into one feed, alerts you at the right time, and offers to get tasks done for you with one tap – no to-do lists, no digging, no app-juggling. EasilyDo makes everyday tasks simpler and saves time. Instantly useful, within just minutes into the app: ✓ Never Miss Something...
For anyone who is interested, you can have the functionality of Google Now on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch now. I have previously written about additional functions that Siri could provide, those functions are available now in "Tempo." Tempo (from SRI, the birthplace of Siri) is the ultimate smart calendar for your iPhone! Tempo is like having your own personal assistant prepare you for what’s next. It’s the only mobile calendar that intelligently enhances your...
There are, in fact, many reasons to believe Google isn't "extremely protective and responsible" with your information.Google's mission statement is: "Google’s mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful." While Google's mission statement alone isn't troublesome, Google's collection of personal information is quite troublesome because Google's business model is the aggregation of user's personal information in order to...
Where? Where are "many places around the world where the maps are almost blank?" I would like a list.
It is very easy to see who has actually given serious thought to or implemented data centers for a large and diverse customer install base.
This entire conversation reminds me of my prior career as a program manager implementing improved redundancy and scalability in our product:Auto-Deletion of Storage (versus unlimited storage previously)Failover and FailbackFederated IdentityHigh Availability (99.999%)Geographic RedundancyLoad BalancingMoving Data on Storage UnitsMoving Storage UnitsReuse of Storage UnitsUnless someone has actually implemented similar features at such a scale they seriously can't believe...
There are potential issues with implementing SSL and such potential issues must be considered and possibly resolved such as SSL through NAT. One must also consider that the code must be compatible with (or at least not break) multiple versions of iOS, Mac and PC software.I can only speak to my experience but my experience is pretty typical. Here are some of the steps taken to resolve a defect in a software product:1. Defect reported (security vulnerability)2. Defect...
Are you being serious?The region in which the test was conducted was the "backyard" of all three companies; Apple, Google and Waze.