or Connect

Posts by MacBook Pro

It is very easy to see who has actually given serious thought to or implemented data centers for a large and diverse customer install base.
This entire conversation reminds me of my prior career as a program manager implementing improved redundancy and scalability in our product:Auto-Deletion of Storage (versus unlimited storage previously)Failover and FailbackFederated IdentityHigh Availability (99.999%)Geographic RedundancyLoad BalancingMoving Data on Storage UnitsMoving Storage UnitsReuse of Storage UnitsUnless someone has actually implemented similar features at such a scale they seriously can't believe...
There are potential issues with implementing SSL and such potential issues must be considered and possibly resolved such as SSL through NAT. One must also consider that the code must be compatible with (or at least not break) multiple versions of iOS, Mac and PC software.I can only speak to my experience but my experience is pretty typical. Here are some of the steps taken to resolve a defect in a software product:1. Defect reported (security vulnerability)2. Defect...
Are you being serious?The region in which the test was conducted was the "backyard" of all three companies; Apple, Google and Waze.
Apple has been very responsive to security threats lately to an impressive level. This is a low risk vulnerability: App developers have the opportunity to encrypt their data using an API provided by Apple. Listener must be on the same (likely public) Wi-Fi network. The HTML would need to be prepared in advance considering that the request is temporary. I am glad Apple did address this vulnerability.
I agree.This also means that educators will be cautious which suggests that developers will be cautious.By the time this has any traction they will be shipping 2013 hardware in the year of 2016 or later. I can't imagine this attracts enough attention to continue development beyond the initial release as a result.
As if any Android device could be considered secure.
I believe you are correct for a number of reasons:Value Proposition (Is there a great consumer demand? Can they create consumer demand (with little effort)?)Cost (Does the automobile manufacturer eat the cost? Hell, no!) (Costs will lessen over time as the technology develops further)Retooling assembly lines (relatively minor effort)Retraining or Training of assembly (relatively minor effort)Support (User, Hardware or Software issues? Who fixes the issues? Who fields...
I use XBMC often on Macs then use AirPlay to stream to AppleTV.
I think it matters to some degree.HTC has entered a licensing agreement with Apple.HTC seems to really consider their product design.versusSamsung who blatantly copies competitors.Samsung who creates mediocre products and uses unprecedented marketing campaigns to sell their products.My sense of justice, truth, and loyalty leads me to believe that fair play should be rewarded.