or Connect

Posts by MacBook Pro

Since there are no intelligent responses countering my comments, I assume those who were defending the garbage that is Microsoft Windows have finished.Actually, considering iOS and OS X have a common core we should include discussions of iOS security. Since one of the arguments from ignorance regards market share, we should discuss the applicable market share which is both iOS and OS X.
For further contemplation: “It's a significant improvement, and the best way that I've described the level of security in Lion is that it's Windows 7, plus, plus,” said Dino Dai Zovi, principal of security consultancy Trail of Bits and the coauthor of The Mac Hacker's Handbook. “I generally tell Mac users that if they care about security, they should upgrade to Lion sooner rather than later, and the same goes for Windows users, too.” “When they went from Leopard to Snow...
Here is the list of Windows 7 updates this year through early May 2012: 01/10/2012 Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2584146) 01/10/2012 Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2585542) 01/10/2012 Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2631813) 01/10/2012 Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2644615) 01/10/2012 Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2632503) 01/17/2012 ...
Here are the facts regarding Apple OS X security and privacy. Apple OS X 10.7 Lion is the most secure commercial operating system in widespread use. Apple offers a Software Update control panel within the Mac App Store for automatic download and installation of Apple system software updates. Apple provides a clear indication when installing software from third party sources on the Internet. Apple requires an administrator password when installing software unless the...
There is a quick and easy feature within Maps to add a location if not found. I have already added two businesses, one which opened one week ago while the other business has no concept of business listings or search engine optimization.For businesses I haven't found I simply used Safari for a Yahoo! search and click on the address on the location's website.
The Settings Icon animation was unexpected and seems elegant for some reason. Live App Icons would be a very visible rethinking (not innovative though) of the iPhone user interface. This could be one of the marquee features for the new iPhone as you suggest. I think the PowerVR SGX543MP4 (underclocked) could handle live app icons. If Apple animates app icons I think they will limit the animation to a few icons such as weather. Despite many Android pundits blasting...
Sorry for posting the entire list but logic suggests that anyone too lazy to type three words in a search engine then choose the very first link is too lazy to click on a hyperlink. Then again said person might be too lazy to read such a large list of Apple AirPrint compatible printers.
Interesting.My experience is quite the opposite.The local search database is reasonably large but does need more businesses. In fact, according to Bloomberg, Apple Maps may already have more business listings than Google.When performing search, my searches are typically hyper local. If, for example, I ask for a McDonald's in London I receive results for a nearby city named London rather than London, England. Of course, if you are viewing London, England in Maps then...
Here is that very limited selection of Apple AirPrint compatible printers available:BrotherBrother DCP-J525NBrother DCP-J525WBrother DCP-J725DWBrother DCP-J725NBrother DCP-J925DWBrother DCP-J925NBrother MFC-J280WBrother MFC-J425WBrother MFC-J430WBrother MFC-J432WBrother MFC-J435WBrother MFC-J5910DWBrother MFC-J625DWBrother MFC-J825DWBrother MFC-J825NBrother MFC-J835DWBrother MFC-J955DNBrother MFC-J955DWNCanonCanon MG5310Canon MG5320Canon MG5330Canon MG5340Canon MG5350Canon...
You should be pleasantly surprised. Upon reading your remark I did some tests for London, England.The following queries were handled with aplomb:A couple of notes. I needed to say "London, England" as there is a city relatively near my current location sharing the name.Me: "I am looking for McDonald's in London, England."Siri: "Here are 15 McDonald's in London, England."Me: "Show me Big Ben in London, England."Siri: "Here is Big Ben in London, England."Me: "I would...