or Connect

Posts by MacBook Pro

Wait a second. MacBook Pro International Holdings sold you exclusive intellectual property rights to silly comments for the world excluding the United States. The intellectual property rights to silly comments for the United States are held by another company, MacBook Pro Technology, which is a subsidiary of MacBook Pro International Holdings.As President and CEO of MacBook Pro International Holdings, I was not aware of the negotiations with MacBook Pro International...
I would like to note that you have established a false dichotomy.System 76 does not offer products that compete directly with MacBook Air, MacBook Pro or MacBook Pro with Retina Display. The target demographics are vastly different; ultraportable, powerful portable and powerful ultraportable (for Apple) versus portable (for System 67). System 76 does not offer a laptop under 4.5 pounds, no dedicated graphics, no integration with Apple services (iCloud and iTunes).System...
I suspect an upcoming release of an EPEAT rating for tablets and smartphones may be one reason Apple took this action. If the manufacturer responsible for more than half of all tablets and nearly one-third of all smartphones doesn't subscribe to the rating the adoption of the rating is a non-sequitor.
See the post immediately preceding in which I describe the lack of EPEAT ratings for tablets and smartphones. In my opinion this is fairly standard anymore, react without knowing details.
Apple has a 45% higher recycling rate than the industry average. Impressive indeed.Obviously, the industry needs to follow Apple's lead.I am not convinced that this will signal the end for Apple:* Many competing products are not EPEAT certified. Apple's key product lines are currently (arguably) iPad, iPhone and Mac of which an EPEAT rating does not exist for iPad or iPhone (tablets and smartphones, respectively).* Many competing products are not upgradeable. In fact,...
I don't understand your anger. You appear to be upset about a single criteria "upgradeability" when Apple has dramatically lowered the cost of manufacturer upgrades to a reasonable amount. Apple provides superior products when judged by virtually every criteria versus any single competing product:* Apple has led the PC industry in customer satisfaction for eight years!* Apple leads customer satisfaction in the smartphone industry with an astonishing 75% of customers...
EPEAT (Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool) is a comprehensive environmental rating that helps identify greener computers and other electronic equipment (1) which is managed by the Green Electronics Council, a program of the International Sustainable Development Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. (2) EPEAT is not a government program although EPEAT was conceived and developed through the collaboration of stakeholders from the business, advocacy,...
Apple does not do the technical stuff, for example:Gesture recognition for multi-touch keyboardsHighly efficient semiconductor logic design for enabling high performance microprocessors with fewer transistors and low power consumptionConversational user interface using natural language processing with semantic understanding and context awarenessFacial recognition for auto-tagging for usersSophisticated signal processing algorithms for three-dimensional photorealistic...
Google Nexus 7 has a 1.2 GHz Nvidia Tegra 3 quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 CPU with additional low-speed companion core and a 416 MHz Nvidia GeForce ULP dodeca-core (12 core) GPU. (1)The fact that Google Nexus 7 has all that computing power in addition to "Project Butter" which introduced Android 4.1 "Jelly Bean" to extend vsync timing across all drawing and animation done by the Android framework, triple buffering in the graphics pipeline, synchronizing touch to vsync timing...
"GSMA recognises that mobile phone theft is an issue of public policy concern for network operators, consumers and regulatory authorities. To meet the increased challenges posed by the apparent increase in mobile phone theft levels in some jurisdictions, GSMA has resolved to support and enhance the provision of Central Equipment Identity Register (CEIR) services and to collaborate with stakeholders to demonstrate the ability of all stakeholders to work together to combat...