or Connect

Posts by MacBook Pro

Gmail was in Beta for 1,923 days or 5 years, 3 months and 6 days which ended July 7, 2009.  Truly astonishing considering web enabled email was a commodity by that time (Yahoo! Mail was launched on October 8, 1997 and Microsoft Hotmail was launched on July 4, 1996).  I can only assume that Google needed that length of time to properly commoditize their products (users) to their customers (advertisers) through data mining techniques.  Of course, Google may have...
I am willing to place a $100 bet that Siri will not surpass Google's record-breaking Beta of 1,923 days or 5 years, 3 months and 6 days.  I would consider Beta release on April Fool's Day appropriate in this instance especially since the service is adware.   Furthermore, Apple Maps is arguably already superior to Google Maps for iOS despite the Beta designation.  
I would like to voice clarifications about the misconceptions that some are offering about Apple Maps:   Mapping and navigation is not a core competency of Google.  Mapping and navigation is an acquired competency of Google much like mapping and navigation is an acquired competency of Apple.  For example, In October 2004, Google acquired Where2 Technologies which became the basis for Google Maps.       Apple Maps is already more than competitive with Google...
Apple surely has some massive plans:   Apple buys data center originally built for MCI reported in 2006.   Apple says NC data center will support iTunes and MobileMe this spring and As Carolina data center debut looms, Apple expanding in Silicon Valley too as reported in 2011.   Apple will invest $250M in new Oregon data center reported in 2012.   Apple to invest $1B in Nevada data center, business facilities reported in 2012.       Notably, there...
I constantly see people on the Internet not properly attributing materials to their source which is why I typically take such great effort in properly attributing the source materials in my posts.
Google's mission statement is: "Google’s mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful." While Google's mission statement alone isn't troublesome, Google's collection of personal information is quite troublesome because Google's business model is the aggregation of user's personal information in order to target advertising to users. Thus, Google has far more personal information about users than governments or other...
I have found escaping Google's grasp to be quite easy.Calendars, Contacts, Email:iCloudSearch Engine:Safari>Preferences>General>Default Search EngineDo Not Track (OS X 10.7 Lion):Safari>Preferences>Advanced>"Show Develop menu in menu bar"Do Not Track (OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion):Safari>Preferences>Privacy>"Website Tracking: Ask websites not to track me"Install Safari extensions to block adware, options include:AdblockCookie StumblerDo Not Track PlusGhosteryIf still concerned...
Wait a second. MacBook Pro International Holdings sold you exclusive intellectual property rights to silly comments for the world excluding the United States. The intellectual property rights to silly comments for the United States are held by another company, MacBook Pro Technology, which is a subsidiary of MacBook Pro International Holdings.As President and CEO of MacBook Pro International Holdings, I was not aware of the negotiations with MacBook Pro International...
I would like to note that you have established a false dichotomy.System 76 does not offer products that compete directly with MacBook Air, MacBook Pro or MacBook Pro with Retina Display. The target demographics are vastly different; ultraportable, powerful portable and powerful ultraportable (for Apple) versus portable (for System 67). System 76 does not offer a laptop under 4.5 pounds, no dedicated graphics, no integration with Apple services (iCloud and iTunes).System...
I suspect an upcoming release of an EPEAT rating for tablets and smartphones may be one reason Apple took this action. If the manufacturer responsible for more than half of all tablets and nearly one-third of all smartphones doesn't subscribe to the rating the adoption of the rating is a non-sequitor.