or Connect

Posts by MacBook Pro

Frankly, I feel I am morally obligated to help disadvantaged users of poor quality software truly understand how their poor choices have made them vulnerable. The best way to help those individuals is to not use any software on my system designed to protect those individuals rather than myself.
Here is a quick, easy list of 47 known exploits of various anti-malware software implementations, in particular this is the results of a search for "Sophos" which offers a well known security suite for Mac OS X.Are you suggesting that Mac users should be obligated to use software that removes malware targeted at Microsoft Windows operating systems thus causing Mac users to experience performance issues and open potential exploits on their systems as well?
Only 11.2% of users affected by the Flashback trojan were using Mac OS X 10.7 Lion with 28% of those users having not applied at least one update. In other words, we are talking about approximately 67,200 users of which 18, 816 had not applied at least one update. Therefore, the number of impacted users with updated systems (important since this story is regarding automatic security updates) on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion was 48,384 or approximately 0.0008% of all Mac...
I know Siri is has semantic understanding and context awareness but in these instances due to a very high preference for local search I did need to state London, England for every search every time. I am clearly not located near London, England and this may be due to a data artifact caused by the presence of a nearby city of the same name.
We need to move in this direction much, much faster to succeed in the Information Age. I still see computers relegated to a computer lab in schools rather than in every classroom.
Secunia has issued a total of 4 Secunia advisories in 2012 for Apple Macintosh OS X. Currently, 0% (0 out of 4) are marked as unpatched. Notably, in the case of Apple Mac OS X, advisories are compiled together. Secunia has issued a total of 15 Secunia advisories in 2012 for Microsoft Windows 7. Currently, 0% (0 out of 15) are marked as unpatched. Secunia has issued a total of 15 Secunia advisories in 2012 for Microsoft Windows Vista. Currently, 0% (0 out of 15) are...
Yet, Apple OS X 10.7 Lion is still the most most secure commercial operating system in widespread use.
So, the most most secure commercial operating system in widespread use, Apple OS X 10.7 Lion, will be even more secure with release of the latest version. Apple offers a Software Update control panel within the Mac App Store for automatic download and installation of Apple system software updates. Apple provides a clear indication when installing software from third party sources on the Internet. Apple requires an administrator password when installing software unless...
Considering that Apple's customer demographic is more urban, more educated and earns more money as a result, Apple systems should be a prime target for exploits. Of course, there are many possible explanations why Apple customers aren't exploited via malicious software but, given the ever broadening demographics as well as considerable and increasing market share, the privacy and security measures provided by Apple is the most likely explanation.