or Connect

Posts by MacBook Pro

The reason I ask is because I thought that such integration was obvious. Apple appears to be able to convince companies to partner with them in ways that are often manifest only in retrospect. In this instance; however, the integration seemed apparent due to companies desiring to benefit from the "reality distortion field." Considering the massive capital and effort Apple has expended on Siri and iCloud expansion of the Apple ecosystem to non-traditional (for Apple)...
I argue that immediately following product refresh of a product line of the Mac product family that Apple Mac is the best value.Reducing margins to reduce cost would potentially damage the aspirational branding of Apple products. Despite a aspirational, luxury brand pricing strategy the Apple MacBook Air is highly competitive on a price basis with competitors. The only area where the Apple Mac product family is not competitive is netbooks because their strategy for the...
I agree entirely. There is not a paucity of evidence supporting claims that mobile phone use may be carcinogenic. The evidence is worth further consideration.I previously worked with physicians and healthcare professionals highly trained in radiation biology, radiation physics and radiation safety. I know of no one in the medical imaging field who wants their child to receive an unnecessary magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) study or even desire an MRI for their children...
Cancer Epidemiol. 2011 Oct;35(5):453-64. Epub 2011 Aug 23. Acoustic neuroma risk in relation to mobile telephone use: results of the INTERPHONE international case-control study. INTERPHONE Study Group. RESULTS: The odds ratio (OR) of acoustic neuroma with ever having been a regular mobile phone user was 0.85 (95% confidence interval 0.69-1.04). The OR for ≥10 years after first regular mobile phone use was 0.76 (0.52-1.11). There was no trend of increasing ORs with...
Surg Neurol. 2009 Sep;72(3):205-14; discussion 214-5. Epub 2009 Mar 27. Cell phones and brain tumors: a review including the long-term epidemiologic data. Khurana VG, Teo C, Kundi M, Hardell L, Carlberg M. Australian National University, Australia. vgkhurana@gmail.com RESULTS: The results indicate that using a cell phone for > or = 10 years approximately doubles the risk of being diagnosed with a brain tumor on the same ("ipsilateral") side of the head as that preferred...
Environ Health. 2011 Dec 19;10:106. Childhood brain tumour risk and its association with wireless phones: a commentary. Söderqvist F, Carlberg M, Hansson Mild K, Hardell L. Department of Oncology, University Hospital, SE-701 82 Örebro, Sweden. fredrik.soderqvist@orebroll.se Abstract Case-control studies on adults point to an increased risk of brain tumours (glioma and acoustic neuroma) associated with the long-term use of mobile phones. Recently, the first study on mobile...
Occup Environ Med. 2007 Sep;64(9):626-32. Epub 2007 Apr 4. Long-term use of cellular phones and brain tumours: increased risk associated with use for > or =10 years. Hardell L, Carlberg M, Söderqvist F, Mild KH, Morgan LL. Department of Oncology, University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden. lennart.hardell@orebroll.se RESULTS: The cohort study was of limited value due to methodological shortcomings in the study. Of the 16 case-control studies, 11 gave results for > or =10 years'...
Environ Health. 2011 Jun 17;10:59. Mobile phones and head tumours. The discrepancies in cause-effect relationships in the epidemiological studies - how do they arise? Levis AG, Minicuci N, Ricci P, Gennaro V, Garbisa S. Department of Experimental Biomedical Sciences, Medical School of Padova, Padova, Italy. RESULTS: Blind protocols, free from errors, bias, and financial conditioning factors, give positive results that reveal a cause-effect relationship between long-term...
"... The Working Group concluded that there is “limited evidence in humans” for the carcinogenicity of RF-EMF, based on positive associations between glioma and acoustic neuroma and exposure to RF-EMF from wireless phones. A few members of the Working Group considered the current evidence in humans “inadequate”. In their opinion there was inconsistency between the two case-control studies and a lack of an exposure-response relationship in the INTERPHONE study results; no...
I contacted RealPlaces and we are in the process of evaluating what we can offer on Apple iOS. Thank you very much for the suggestion! I am very excited to help this small company grow as well as provide a service that so many feel is critical to Apple iOS.