or Connect

Posts by pedromartins

What theft? AFAIK, Google stole nothing, unlike Samsung, and this case has nothing to do with that. Looks like Google is involved with other stuff, related to search. They took Android and used the inspiration they got from iOS, because it was so superior, at the risk of becoming a "me too" irrelevant product. But guess what: Apple's strategy (with a salt of arrogance) and Microsoft's (and everyone else's) incompetence gave Google a great opportunity, and they rightfully...
We all know Google is on their way up and nothing will stop them, just like Apple. OEMs and Microsoft, on the other hand...    Let's be honest: Android is absolutely fantastic and the best option for those that can't afford expensive phones. It gave billions of users the chance of having a smartphone, something Apple is not interested in. I just find it fantastic how Google found a way to make money from advertisers and other companies, while providing fantastic...
yes, unless it is for other companies and they pay well. Samsung costumers will buy everything they do, so they don't feel like spending a lot of time on it.
This will happen in every single category Apple is in, and that's ok and expected.   However, it doesn't have to be a 5% world. They have plenty of growth on the high end segment that they are ignoring due to stupid irrationality. Proof? Samsung is making more profit then Apple and going nowhere but up.   Is Apple afraid of focusing in too many devices and that's why they do not sell a bigger separate iPhone line and even a bigger iPad? Fine, just let the dead weight...
Yes, if they are stupid and ignorant folks.The iPad 3 used the same a5, just a better GPU. Heck, Apple is using and abusing the a5 so much, always trying new approaches, making it smaller, more efficient, that I think that something watch-like will use it, someday.
No! I thought that Apple's dream might be destroying Intel's tax and dominance, not power it.   Just put 3 a7 at 25$ each on a redesigned macbook air. :)
Look at the G2.   If you let something like that fall, wouldn't the phone become quickly destroyed? As HTC showed, there are other ways to make a great phone with a bigger screen.
Well, one thing that stupid analysts can't understand, is that what this Ben Thompson says goes nicely along with this: "(...) used to work for Apple (...)" But this one is much worse and should be seen as a crime:http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/03/magazine/why-apple-wants-to-bust-your-iphone.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&_r=0
One thing is certain, Apple should let go a few useless product lines (iPad 2, mac mini, 4s, 13cmbp, nano, classic) and focus on products that could create a bigger and stronger ecosystem while keeping the great Apple "status" and expanding profits and revenue.   - Bigger iPhone line; - 12" macbook air instead of 11" and 13"; - retina 17"; - New markets like audio, wearables and more aggressive on content offerings (to enable a great TV experience); - cars (something...
Honestly, I can't understand/agree with your post. Apple pulled a number on intel with the arm A7 64bit chip. Not only did the A7 "catch up" to intel, it surpassed them in performance (on some tests) while expanding the other set of advantages (efficiency, cost, etc). Since we are seeing Apple doubling performance each year, even if they "only" increase performance 50% this time next year, intel is totally behind on mobile. This is a different situation from what happens...