or Connect

Posts by pedromartins

There's something that I can't understand. Google owns Android and Youtube. Facebook's mobile apps is becoming increasingly important... A) Why do we have flash ads and every single embedded video as flash on facebook; B) Why most youtube videos can't be seem without flash because flash ads won't load; C) Why does Chrome, a great browser (second only behind safari 7 for mac), still brings flash to kill our smoothness and battery life? To please useless gamers that...
That was an "easy" thing to do, Apple was being run by incompetent fools during MS rising, and even when Steve was there, he was a maniac. Now, with guys like Cook, Ive, Phil, Craig and others, +160 billion in the bank, +13B$ net profit each christmas quarter, not to mention the powerful ecosystem. I would love to see them try it, again.
An outsider from CEO to run a company like Microsoft? What? Who the hell would aprove such thing, unless we are talking about geniuses like Musk?
I would love if he focussed on the only thing that Microsoft can do better than everybody else. It isn't services, it isn't devices: It's software. Make Android and iOS better bey creating awesome software for it, I'm sure that some of the best minds in the field at redmond are dying to do it.   Currently Apple makes 2 better OSes than Microsoft, better services, better pro apps, a better mobile office suite, better browser, better web stores. Microsoft is as useful to...
It's happening the same thing that happened in every industry Apple "revolutionized".   If everyone is having record profits (att, verizon, etc.), no one is competing like they should. How in the world can these companies have the same (or more) profit than samsung electronics?
3 million growth (could be less, could be more depending on the channel inventory) for the best company in the world is something to be ashamed of. Apple doesn't need cheaper phones... In fact, Apple could sell even more devices, even more expensive, if those devices were made with the current and future necessities in mind, instead of looking at the past: A bigger screen!   IF they want growth (if) on the smartphone arena (and profits, not market for the sake of it),...
Amazing quarter, but not for the iPhone. Almost 0 growth.   Apple has all the signs they need: If they want growth (Only someone out of touch with the reality would say that they “need” it to survive, as the best quarter ever shows… but let’s be real.) on the smartphone arena, especially the premium segment, a bigger screen is required.   For a modern smartphone (all about web, reading and editing docs, apps, pdfs and books, games and video) a bigger screen is...
Of course it is.  Everyone single company on the PC/Smartphone/tablet/Auto/TV/home appliances is going with Android. Apple is fighting against every single one of them. It's hard, and they will succeed, but it won't go past 20% on any of those markets once they saturate (or close). In the process, it will be even lower (Android explosive growth, just like smartphones). I doubt Apple even has 1% Market share in Europe (if you do not count UK and some nordic...
Last year was the best quarter ever by any public traded company (by revenue). The stock tanked. My bet? At least 30 million iPads, and the stop will fall 10%, blow 500$. Why? People will start waring thermostats on their wrists. That's why.
I said that number a few threads ago. I have slightly better records over the top-rated analysts and I'm also better looking. It seems logical to me that my numbers were used for every single worth-reading prediction.