or Connect

Posts by Secular Investor

Well I bought some more Apple in the dip. I was very very impressed by the number of innovative things with which Apple is building a wider and deeper moat between themselves and the compeition - they have been left floundering, falling even further behind Apple
@ Constable odo "I really don't get why investors didn't like what they saw. I'm heavily into tech and what Apple is offering all around really looks good and should be very simple for average users to have smartphones, tablets, notebooks and desktops tightly integrated. I'm not sure what I'm missing that Wall Street would give a thumbs down on the WWDC event. %u201C Apple is building a wider and deeper moat between themselves and Android and Windows with things like...
This re[port is in line with an earlier Good Technology survey of 5.000 companies/organisations in 130 countries which found that "Apple leads business adoption with 72% mobile devices, 90% of tablets, 95% of apps%u201D They found: * Total mobile device activations are up nearly 60% year on year * iPads have a 90% share of tablets in enterprise/organisations. The Surface/Windows tablets have almost Zero share * 95% of all Apps activations for business are iOS *...
If it is true, as now seems more likely, it is difficult to estimate just how big a sales boost will result. Look how sales in Japan have rocketed, with iPhones taking over 70% of smartphone market share after NTTDoCoMo finally came to their senses and started selling Phones.
"The iPad has how many iPad native apps? Around 300,000 or so I believe" At the earning call a couple of months ago Apple disclosed that there were over 475,000 iPad Apps, so the number now is probably around 500,000. However, as well as being much more numerous, every independent survey shows that iPad Apps are far higher quality. Also according to Good Technology’s survey of 5,000 organisations and companies in 130 countries 95% of all business/enterprise Apps are for...
Yes,  This is great news for Apple and is devastatingly bad news for Google and Samsung. I wonder if WS, investors and the media will realise and take notice? This data is consistent with all other web usage data I have seen i.e that despite the increasingly exaggerated and desperate claims from Google  about Android activations, iOS is increasing its dominance of web usage, while Android's declines. Google's whole strategy has been to give away Android for free so that...
Yes, you are right that I was referring to Apple's Multi Touch patent:  U.S. Patent No. 7,663,607 described as a "multipoint touchscreen" which  lies at the heart of touch screen technology. Both Palm and Motorola have tried unsuccessfully to claim it was invalid, (other patents, prior art etc.) However, the Federal Court Of Appeal ruled in favour of Apple and found the patent valid. This is what one of the appeal  judges commented: ""The Smartphone has defined modern...
Contable DODO, you keep going on about how Samsung and Android are taking market share from iPhones and how Samsung is getting away with copying and stealing Apple's IP and that Apple are doomed. YOU COULD NOT BE MORE WRONG FIRSTLY, Samsung and Android are gaining market share in CHEAP LOW PROFIT smartphones in underdeveloped economies, where only a small proportion of people can afford the best i.e. iPhones. However iPhones are GAINING market share in HIGH END MORE...
The fact that "The multi-user feature is already available on Android" is  very good news for Apple and its shareholders. Why? Because Apple OWN the patent for Multi Use. In an Apple v Motorola(i.e.Google) case the ITC found Apple's Multi Touch patent invalid.  However the Federal Court Of Appeal OVERRULED the ITC and found that Apple's Multi Touch patent is VALID and have remanded the case back to the ITC, who are BOUND by the Federal Court ruling. This is a very...
This Reuse and Recycle Program has two significant advantages for Apple: 1) It supports Apple devices' exceptionally high trade in values, thereby greatly reducing cost of ownership in developed economies, making iPhone, iPads etc, more affordable even for affluent consumers 2) It makes iOS devices more affordable in developing economies with less affluent consumers, who still aspire to the best products money can buy. This leads to continued strong growth of iOS's...