or Connect

Posts by Misa

I'm not 100% sure what Apple does differently from Microsoft in this regard, but, Microsoft has multiple runtimes, one for each C/C++ compiler version they've ever released. With Unix-like systems this also tends to be true, however the system compiler always compiles to the most recent runtime. So as long as developers still develop with an older version of Xcode on an older version of OS X (eg 10.8) they can still compile software without updating it.That said, Apple...
Some people are professional victims and can find tiny faults and portray them as larger than they really are.Sometimes you just don't have a choice.Like 99% of the time, an Apple device is not awful, and works for what people intended to use it for. If just happen to buy at the wrong time, then there's a problem. As mentioned elsewhere in the comments, it's suspected a change in the solder is the problem, which could have been from an EU mandate, or could have been from...
"Lead" period is a problem.As for "leaded solder or alternatives", I can think of other products where the TIM failed (Sony's CCD-based Camcorder and Digital Still camera series from early 2000's) but only far past the warranty period. In one specific case of my own there, watching on the viewfinder as the TIM behind the CCD "melted" and the entire CCD's ability to capture pixels just started to "melt" as the cooling stopped working. There was a class action lawsuit there...
Mostly true.People who are concerned about security, don't buy Dell, HP, Toshiba, etc in the first place and build their own equipment. Unfortunately that is not an option for laptops.For laptops getting a "naked" system is generally impossible, but the "it violates the letter of the license but not the spirit of it" work-around is to use a vanilla OEM version of the operating system from a desktop, but still use the key that belongs to the laptop.But generally people who...
I think the proposed rules are at least sane, however I'll take a few points that I think might be designed to kill Amazon's idea:The maximum height is clearly to prevent interaction with airplanes. The line of sight requirement however completely kills it ever being used to deliver anything.Mainly the 500ft limit would nix it ever being usable in any major city since it would have to follow vehicle roads... which you may as well just drive a car then.Where drone package...
The chances of Apple coming out with a self-driving car are no better than Google. The require infrastructured just isn't there. What might however happen is that Silicon Valley might be the only place in the world where self-driving cars become common place.We're not yet at the forefront of technology for this to happen. A lot of technology still needs to catch up:- GPS technology is not yet accurate enough, and doesn't know the street geography- LIDAR based technology...
Here's what I think, Apple could do this and get away with it... Release new Apple Thunderbolt 2 screens in 4K/5K pixel depths at sizes near Television (32", 48", 60") sizes in addition to the standard 24" model. Then make the new AppleTV have an actual docking mount on the back of it. So you can effectively futureproof the TV out the door instead of the silly contraption that Samsung has for an "evolution kit" (SEK-2500U). The AppleTV would have a bi-directional HDMI...
The main problem with the "Android" camp is that Google has really lost control of the ecosystem. I mean it's a totally awful platform to develop for to begin with, but between the fragmentation and the third-party firmware that doesn't come with/support Google's Apps, it's really in a spot where it's going to implode. We already see both Samsung and LG switching to OS's they bought, and using it in other products instead of Android.The perceived advantage of using Linux...
It's amazing that this wasn't done back in 2008. Oh well, nobody could predict then how hot it would be if it wasn't for the amount of iphone knockoffs China was putting out. That's where iPhone chopshops are going to spring up if anything. They'll find a way to write an unused serial number into the device eventually.I think the average thief is just too stupid to know better. You can do stuff like this with your desktop and laptop Apple devices as well. This was on the...
I think we're all thinking a little too short-sighted. Look at the size of the Apple Watch and now look at the size of the Startrek com badge. Think about what the com badge does.At some point I think the geniuses will realize what the real practical application of a watch is, and it's not telling time.