or Connect

Posts by Misa

Sounds a bit vapor-ware'ish to me. If Intel rolls out SSD's themselves to put the proof in the pudding, then maybe we will see something cost-competitive with NAND flash and finally see an end to mechanical hard drives.The reason that mechanical drives are still being produced at all is because NAND wears out, quickly. TLC has 10,000 writes, MLC has 100,000 writes, and SLC has 1,000,000 writes. NAND also loses it's charge over time, so without being refreshed every so...
Doubtful. Ever since 2006, counterfeit cell phones have been a big business on eBay. When the iPhone was released, it was the easiest thing to get banned for because a lot of the fake iPhones didn't look a thing like what was really released. There was also quite a bit of fake Nokia-N95's and little else.When you buy a counterfeit iPhone/iPod what you're really getting is just "enough" to convince someone who turns it on, but it doesn't actually work, and is often just a...
It's about trying to pinch pennies that doesn't benefit the consumer, only the business.And to be honest... there is absolutely no business I'd ever use this payment method. Paying with the physical credit card is faster. If they want to put their money where their mouth is, they would only accept cash or CurrentC.What Visa/MC/Amex should do is require that all POS systems to support tap-to-pay AND EMV chip+pin , and businesses refusing to enable the tap-to-pay features...
Indeed. Hence tax-treaties should reflect the difference in tax rates between Country X and Country USA and only charge the differential, not "double taxing" revenue.Tax-holidays just encourage the status-quo. Hold on to your monies until papa-USA cries about being poor and accepts a lower rate.That said, If the money is brought over, Apple should tell Icahn to GTFO.
It's been held back by "just good enough is profitable"The problem isn't Apple here, the problem is that the hardware vendors are choosing to use cheap unreliable parts in the first place.I'm willing to bet damn near nobody in this forum actually works as trade electrician.1) Low Voltage != Low Amperage. A typical HVAC or Lighting system has Low Voltage control panels connected to a High Voltage central relay. Some Furnaces that are gas powered, have the controls actually...
Not bloody likely any time soon.People keep thinking this, but you're looking at two different power profiles and how threads scale.Here's a clue... doubling the cores available at half the speed of the previous model, results in everything running twice as slow.THAT is why we won't see it. Apples low-power 2 watt ARM parts have to have the same performance as a 95 watt Intel processor before there's even a contest.
That is NOT how sim cards work. There is nothing to program. They are microprocessors, not a piece of NAND memory. Apple's existing SIM is just a "boot" loader to whatever carrier is setup. Once it's setup, it's not something that can be changed on the carrier itself setup a way to replace it.Like I do not like the idea of eSIM's, because this returns us to the 1990's AMPS/TDMA/CDMA era devices being locked to carriers once it's activated, and "zapping" the eSIM's when the...
Hmm no...Have you ever worked Retail? Better yet, have you ever worked a "crappy" retail job like Walmart or BestBuy?I'll tell you straight up that BestBuy's policy is pretty much identical to Apple's. Anything over 100$, and someone will come screaming at you to show a receipt. You know what's also interesting, they also keep a whole bunch of WANTED posters of serial-shoplifters in the back rooms.Any perceived "waste" of time socializing is simply that. For every minute...
It's justified, if over-reactionary.I'd have to wonder how any "confederate flag" games would have wound up in the App store in the first place. I could understand the boatloads of shovelware on Google Play getting a "everything with the confederate flag getting pulled" without verification.Games that depict the US civil war are probably justified. Anything post-civil war is certainly racist. The Dukes of Hazzard... uh... never mind the fact that that any use of it is...
But she has a point. Here's the context for everyone else. How would you like it if you had to be a "free intern" for 90 days before you get paid?That makes it impossible to release new content (eg, new jobs) and not starve. Taylor Swift may not need that money but there are plenty of indie bands who do.