or Connect

Posts by Misa

I think the power cost is more critical. The way current OS's operate is that all RAM is utilized, thus sucking down all the power. So unless they can die shrink the RAM they can't add any more without needing to increase the battery size.I'm sure Apple could put 32GB of ram on the device if the power cost could be justified. The difference between 4GB and 8GB on a notebook is 50$, and these have several chips on them. Apple's stacking RAM on the CPU, so they are...
Chicken and Egg problem. There's no h.265 video out there, and encoding high quality video in software is 10x slower than h.264 at the same resolution. h.265 at the 720 facetime resolution is probably exactly what the hardware encoder on the device is set to. I wouldn't be surprised if the iPhone can playback 720/1080 h265 video, but iTunes may not hand out h.265 video to any device unless it supports it. Likewise I don't see Youtube supporting h.265 yet, but they may be...
Notice that PayPal and Amazon are doing just fine without each other.
The first iPhone, MacMini, AppleTV, and iPad all got depreciated quicker than later models.Like I think the iPhone 6 is the first iPhone that I think does absolutely everything I need from a phone. The watch however does nothing I need, so I have no reason to get one.
Off hand (oh the pun) I think the battery needs to somehow last 48 hours before it can replace any mechanical watch. Ideally getting it to last a month would be nice but I don't think that's practical.The charge/discharge cycle is of deep concern if it only lasts a day. Lithium batteries only last around 1000 charge cycles, so that means a battery would be worn out a little after 2 and a half years.
There is no such thing as "older version of NFC"Some of the older technology in use are RFID tags (which are just id numbers), not NFC (which is more complicated.)http://www.nfcworld.com/country/japan/
Pockets in Womens pants tend to be fake or nearly useless. A 4" (older style bar-type) cell phone doesn't fit in any that I'm aware of.Though it wouldn't surprise me if Levi's and other Jeans companies decide to market new jeans/pants with "pockets that can fit an iPhone 6!", considering that almost no pants out there are deep enough, let alone wide enough to fit anything but car keys.
Yeah this pretty much. At least now people can tell that it's a Samsung device and not an iPhone device at 5 feet away.That said, it doesn't seem terribly practical unless that curved part can be lit independently as a type of "status bar" screen. If it can't, then it's just a wasted effort.Samsung tends to never really WOW many people, sure it could be first with a 4 core, 4GB, or 4GB of RAM or 512GB NAND, but Apple right-sizes things for their markets.If I could build a...
That's because we're in an environment where consent has lot all meaning.One of the messages I read earlier indicated that the images being posted had been deleted from iCloud months or even years ago. So speculatively speaking, either the images were stolen a long time ago, or they weren't stolen from iCloud but rather something like the Apple Time Capsule (which can be accessed via iCloud)https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3699096?tstart=0 "
It's been mentioned a lot since the first PCB lean with there being a suspected NFC chip space. Likewise myself and several other posters have been mentioning NFC payments over and over. We know it was going to come eventually.Also I haven't actually seen anyone in Canada use any mobile phone for payments. BMO had a Paypass card thing you could stick on the back of your cell phone but I wouldn't be willing to use such a thing (it's a Paypass-only version of the card.)But I...