or Connect

Posts by Misa

Even a 256GB model would not be enough for 4K. Apple's best option for 4K is to being back the SD-card, even if it's just a Lightning attachment. 35-50Mbit HEVC is going to be around 375MB per minute.The reality is, 16GB is just fine for the people who use Spotify and such, because they don't need to carry around 20GB of music around.
Developers have long known this.The only people who buy and "like" Android are:1. Linux zealots (read slashdot.org if you want to see what that's like)2. People who place no value on the device, eg it was free from the carrier despite being locked into a 2 or 3 year contract. So the wireless carrier made a killing on that.3. People who don't like smartphones and use them as little more than a phone / text-messaging device.4. Software pirates5. Malware developersCompared to...
A more obvious statement is that the Amazon phone, like several other Amazon services, are US-only. People in the US only care if the phone does what they need it to. So people buy an iPhone if they need what the iPhone does, they buy Samsung if they want to save a few pennies and don't care about the Apple Ecosystem, and everyone just uses whatever the phone carrier subsidizes, believing the phones to be free. Like the Mobile carriers make more money from selling these...
This will die pretty quickly when "contentID" flags everything
Only if the wider market let's it.Most of the trades on NYSE and NASDAQ are automated trades that react to news and are market makers. They are very few small investors, just a lot of large ones. Like if you haven't seen the film "Margin Call", see it. It may be dramatized, but that's the exact kind of "screw everyone that isn't me" attitude that investment banks take. Overleverage = Panic sell. So these firms investing in China... started a panic sell... because of the...
What I'm seeing there is a spike after every new iPhone. No surprises at all.
YTD, The DOW is down 7.65%, AAPL is -4.19%. A full year still has AAPL at +7.94 where as the DOW is -1.21%.
I love it when stock analysts ignore the bigger picture. They are going "Apple is moving into bear territory" when it's actually "the entire DOW is moving into bear territory" The mediocre amount of stock I even have in Apple has been a loss for several consecutive days, oh big deal. There is nothing to worry about when the stock moves in the same direction as the overall market. You worry when it moves against the market.
American Business drive to "push productivity" even at the expense of their employees health is a super-gross problem that really needs push-back. Unfortunately you can't pushback against the corporate overlord. Everyone who worked for Nokia should have seen this happening and should have demanded their government either nationalize/buy-it-back from Microsoft, but I think it's far too late now.Then you have countries like Greece and France which actively chase business...
The problem with the Apple TV is largely that when Apple called it a Hobby, and the Cable Co's were so deeply married to their content that trying to innovate in this area was reduced to "rentals", which isn't any improvement at all. But then all the third parties started stepping all over themselves to try and beat Apple to the punch and produced garbage like the Chromecast or nVidia Shield , and completely-useless SmartTV's based on Android and innovated exactly...