or Connect

Posts by Misa

Oh Hello. Metrotown Apple Store is on the Upper Level next to Lululemon, Microsoft is on the lower-level (not basement) in the wing above the T&T and probably lost a chunk of it's foot traffic from Target closing. Samsung's store is in a very prime location near the front of the mall at the main concourse, and is always empty. There used to be a Sony store but I think they pulled out some time last year.Here... Apple store is always packed. Microsoft store: More employees...
Because Amazon would need to give Apple a 30% cut of something they likely make very little on.
You can't play Amazon Video in Canada, so big freaking whoop More on-topic though, Amazon doesn't have >50% of the VOD market share, nobody does. If Netflix works just fine, Amazon is just lying through their teeth. You can't say the h.264 or h.265 codec in use by Netflix is any different than the same codec used by Amazon. And if they're using a different codec... well... there would be no hardware acceleration, even on their own products. Qualcom doesn't mention anything...
I don't think Google is ever going to move any mountains because they haven't innovated on much of anything since the Google search engine. Everything else has been copycat with a twist. And when they couldn't create a copy that people want, they bought out the competitor (see Google Video -> Youtube)And Google Fi is nothing new. It's in a sense a MVNO, which any company can set up. You eliminate roaming by arranging roaming agreements, or being MVNO's with everyone, and...
Well counterfeit iPhones don't work with the Apple Store. They still have counterfeit App stores via jailbroken devices.
Maybe on the MacPro/MacMini it's 20%. I don't see the iMac or Laptops being that low entirely because if you buy all the parts separately (OEM) it still requires assembly, and the store you buy OEM parts from still has their own markup.
Elsewhere it's been indicated that the samsung chip is in the 6S and the TSMC is in the 6S Plus.There's not going to be enough of a difference. For the sake of argument I'm running geekbench's battery-life benchmark with all the radios on to see what the battery life ends up being on the 6S 128GB, but I'm willing to bet that nobody who actually uses the phone would notice which chip would be used.
It's very hard to get people to understand why "mobile" CPU's are not supposed to be in "desktop" systems. The point of a mobile CPU is to save power at all costs. A desktop CPU is the reverse, where it's to maximum performance while not burning a hole in the motherboard. Desktop CPU's are between 65watts and 130 watts, and if Intel had it's way back with the Pentium 4 and RAMBUS nonsense, your desktop would consume a full 12A to do what it does currently. The Prescott...
I actually find the iPad 3's iOS 9 performance to be rather... uh...let's just say that every time I open safari I have to wait like 30 seconds after hitting the first soft-keyboard key for something to happen.
Another video out there says iPhone 6 is 30lbs and the iPhone 6S is 80lbs of stress for bending the frame. Given that's the 6/6S and not the Plus models.I imagine that if the case is as inflexible as it is, that might mean that the only real way to break the screen is dropping it face-down... and then stomping on it. But I'm not going to be testing that.