or Connect

Posts by Misa

Ugh, if Icahn or any of those other Corporate raider/vulture/whatever-name-they-are-called-now gets ahold of Apple, you'll quickly see it gutted, like everything they touch. In a sense, they buy enough shares, demand presence in the board room, demand changes that plunder the value of the company through dividends or propping up nose-diving share price with buybacks, and then short the company before it crashes.Or at least that's the gist of what I read about how Icahn...
... pending banks getting on board.Canada and Europe have chip+pin, and we also have NFC already. So if the NFC terminals need to be updated to support Apple Pay, there might be some balking at having to cycle the hardware out yet again, but we've had chip+pin terminals long before chip+pin was rolled out. In fact (in Canada) we had CIBC/Amex try to roll out a chip card more than a decade before EMV chip+pin actually got forced on everyone.The thing is, chip+pin and NFC...
Whoa there.I feel vindicated that I bought the previous i7 quadcore macmini and bought third party ram.As for "who the hell upgrades the ram anymore?" everyone. Par for the course is that Apple should have been maximizing the amount of RAM installed in all machines in the first place, thus negating a need for "upgrading"As for who actually buys a mini over an iMac. Repeat with me "I already have a monitor I spent 1000-2000$ on"Past experience with all hardware has proven...
This is actually a pretty big deal. If I can use the Apple sim and go "pretty much anywhere" and spend 20$ or so to activate 2GB of data or a month of data or whatever, you no longer have to buy the prepaid sim cards in the EU, or beg a MVNO for a sim card without buying a phone in the US/Canada. You can just use what it comes with. It probably would have been a bit more worth while for Apple to be it's own MVNO, but that would likely not work in Apple's favor when...
That's because they're not supposed to. That's not technically their responsibility. A retailer has no way of verifying your ID, especially since ID fraud is so rampant in the US.Anyone that works for ANY retail place knows this. Banks will ask to see your drivers license before letting you use your ATM card at a bank clerk, but the ATM doesn't need it. The only requirement for a swipe card is that it's signed. THAT'S IT. Not signed, not allowed to be used. Writing "CHECK...
That's actually wrong.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_card_numberEach bank issuer is 6 digits, So Final would use the same first 6 digits on all cards. Then there is the check digit and CCV which aren't "part of the card number" but are otherwise used as well.So you really only have 10^9 numbers, per bank, that can be used, before they get recycled. That said, there is nothing stopping a bank from having additional number sequences, so really you have 10^14 potentially...
That's always a context problem.When someone says what Jobs said there, that's in the context of "these people suck or fail at developing this product, let's do it better"There's not a lot of things out there that are whole-cloth original. Look at all the copy-cat FPS games, MMORPG's, and sports games. Strip these games of the storyline, and they're all the same game.When was the last time any game did any thing innovative? Minecraft? No Minecraft was actually predated by...
No, that's because Android software is crippled. Even software developed using Unity will always run slower on Android because developers don't convert the textures to Mali or Adreno formats, they just leave them as PowerVR. This means the CPU has to convert the textures on the fly. Sure you can run everything, but it will be a far inferior performance compared to the iPhone version.
Ehhh no. I think the "larger size" is a step backwards in durability, but only because of the larger surface area = larger people using it = larger butts sitting on it. Someone that's not an idiot will put the phone in their coat or purse in a pocket that has nothing in it to scratch it, or put the phone in a "sock" type of wrapper to prevent debris in the pocket from gumming up the buttons and lighting connector.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBUJcD6Ws6sWill it Blend?The...
Think about games made for the SNES (which had a CPU slower than a 8088) and compare it to the Sega Genesis, TG16, various arcade games, and then look at the DOS/MAC/Amiga games of the day.My favorite reference game is "Lemmings"SNES version: Voices, full audio, play with a controllerAmiga version: Comparable to the SNES version including the two player mode.PC version: Adlib sound, single player, higher resolution, 16-color only.A few other examples:"The Simpsons" Arcade...