or Connect

Posts by Misa

They could, but it would not be cost effective to since Intel and AMD have 20 years of patents and cross-licensing under their belts.ARM on the other hand, Apple actually helped start.The most important factors for mobile is TDP above everything. This is why Intel, nVidia and AMD don't make parts that belong in devices with small batteries. We only see "ultrabooks" and devices like the Microsoft Surface at all because of improvements in battery life in addition to die...
Same here.Once in a while you see someone with some stupid looking phablet to their head, but pretty much everyone out here uses iPhones, and if they have a tablet, iPad.Considering that Microsoft, Samsung and Apple all have their stores in the same mall, you'd think I'd see more of them. Microsoft has this nice big free-wifi Xbox One kiosk outside Target, while the majority of their store seems to be decorated in Xbox One marketing, same copycat store feely type as Apple....
I hope there is a lesson learned here (but the religion trolls will have none of it I'm sure) that pushing a hate law is the quickest way to see business opportunities skip, if not leave the state entirely. It's entirely about dollars people. If I get better tax breaks from state X, but state Y has a better educated population base, I'm more likely to find qualified people from state Y. Now if state X throws a hate law on top, that will send the better educated people out...
Intel has produced ARM chips before. So I wouldn't go that far.I know this all sounds kinda gloomy, but the entire reason we still use the 80x86 design today is because Intel has failed every time they tried to introduce something better. Right idea, wrong time. The 80386 was introduced almost 10 years too early for software to use it. They produced their own RISC design later replacing it with ARM on XScale before selling it to Marvell. Intel still holds an ARM license.So...
Unfortunately it's this line of thinking that doesn't even work for Android. If you buy a samsung phone, you're only buying into the Samsung device ecosystem, not Android. Anyone else running Android won't be able offer anything more compelling to switch you from it.Everyone I know, has an iPhone. Everyone I see outside... iPhone. Once in a while I'll see someone with an oversized phablet, but pretty much everyone, even those non-affluent people have an iPhone. This is...
The problem I see is that nobody actually wants to develop for Android in the first place, they do so only with a gun pointed at their head, they would much rather develop for Windows Phone, but nobody wants a Windows Phone, not when Microsoft throws the platform away every year. Google "I hate Android Java" and find 2 million hits, do "I hate iOS OBJC" and you get like 100k. That's a 20 fold difference, which one is more profitable? The one that is easy to develop for....
Woz is the kind of person who is more interested in how something works rather than how it looks. Like who really knows what context he had in mind, he probably meant make an iPhone that can run NDK apps from iOS, to avoid Blackberry's fate (which was having a crappy OS that was overly reliant on a proprietary BBM.) iOS isn't BlackBerry, not by a long shot.What you have to do is look at both Nokia and Blackberry. iOS ate the lions share of high-end PDA-like phones, while...
That's overlooking when it crashed from like 300 to 60. Bears like to eat short-term traders for breakfast.There's few facts in play. US stocks are heavily manipulated by hedge funds and investment banks. They knowingly rob the retail investors (that's you and me) by doing the kind of things Icahn does behind closed doors. It doesn't count as insider trading when you bully the traded company into doing your bidding.Icahn can grow up, take his ball and go home if Apple...
Technically (and I mean this in the most eye-rollingly sarcastic manner) if you are competing, working or volunteering for the Olympics, you are required to wear only Olympic-sanctioned gear, this goes for everything from mittens to cars, to restaurants seen in. In reality, the official apparel sponsor will run out of sizes that fit, or in the case of 2010, not supply essential things like gloves/mittens or shoes/boots. As far as smartphone devices go, the Samsung people...
Remember that Womens jeans tend to be a "tight" fit, so yes it's entirely possible to crush an iphone if you sit down hard in a chair, particularly if the chair is made of fiberglass or metal.Just based on the story, it sounds like she had a longer 5c/5s (here's a danger about phablets and larger iphones) which would be subject to more force if left in a rear pocket while sitting down in a hard chair. Plastic chairs that flex or don't have a lower-back would not cause this...