or Connect

Posts by Misa

While I will agree that I think this "single port" thing is insane, This is the "MacBook" not the "Macbook Pro" and not the "Macbook Air"Take note of what else got nerfed. The camera (480p, while the Air and Pro have 720p) was nerfed, for no other reason than I can think of to shave a few cents off the build cost. This slots it below the Macbook Air. The MacBook does have a Retina display, but it's paired with the only available weakest graphics option - Intel HD Graphics...
Devil's Advocate...What is happening is that they take stolen numbers (which should have been blacklisted by banks after the target and home depot breeches) and do the Apple Pay authorization from an iPhone. This is much easier and faster than creating physical swipe cards , and allows a thief to not look obtrusive when they walk into Apple stores or other places to buy high value items.Now... Imagine if this was CurrentC. Once your ACH numbers are stolen, you are royally...
That's a dead market.The Surface is kaput, the Surface Pro survives only because it's a mediocre touch/stylus "laptop"An iPad Pro moving in the opposite direction by adding a much more sensitive lag-free 2048-pressure-level stylus would absolutely get all the artists out there who were putting off getting Cintiq's an excuse to get one. The Surface Pro 2 was originally being recommended, but the SP3 dropped the ball by putting in a much inferior nTrig digitizer that relies...
This actually doesn't work in practice.I'll give you an actual example. BMO mastercard offers a separate Paywave-only ... sticker. That you put on your non-NFC cell phone to get the same benefit of waving your phone over paypass terminals instead of the card, letting you leave the card at home. Now consider for a minute that you have your credit card numbers saved (eg Paypal, Steam, Nintendo, Apple, etc) and that service is compromised, leading to the theft of those...
I'm not 100% sure what Apple does differently from Microsoft in this regard, but, Microsoft has multiple runtimes, one for each C/C++ compiler version they've ever released. With Unix-like systems this also tends to be true, however the system compiler always compiles to the most recent runtime. So as long as developers still develop with an older version of Xcode on an older version of OS X (eg 10.8) they can still compile software without updating it.That said, Apple...
Some people are professional victims and can find tiny faults and portray them as larger than they really are.Sometimes you just don't have a choice.Like 99% of the time, an Apple device is not awful, and works for what people intended to use it for. If just happen to buy at the wrong time, then there's a problem. As mentioned elsewhere in the comments, it's suspected a change in the solder is the problem, which could have been from an EU mandate, or could have been from...
"Lead" period is a problem.As for "leaded solder or alternatives", I can think of other products where the TIM failed (Sony's CCD-based Camcorder and Digital Still camera series from early 2000's) but only far past the warranty period. In one specific case of my own there, watching on the viewfinder as the TIM behind the CCD "melted" and the entire CCD's ability to capture pixels just started to "melt" as the cooling stopped working. There was a class action lawsuit there...
Mostly true.People who are concerned about security, don't buy Dell, HP, Toshiba, etc in the first place and build their own equipment. Unfortunately that is not an option for laptops.For laptops getting a "naked" system is generally impossible, but the "it violates the letter of the license but not the spirit of it" work-around is to use a vanilla OEM version of the operating system from a desktop, but still use the key that belongs to the laptop.But generally people who...
I think the proposed rules are at least sane, however I'll take a few points that I think might be designed to kill Amazon's idea:The maximum height is clearly to prevent interaction with airplanes. The line of sight requirement however completely kills it ever being used to deliver anything.Mainly the 500ft limit would nix it ever being usable in any major city since it would have to follow vehicle roads... which you may as well just drive a car then.Where drone package...
The chances of Apple coming out with a self-driving car are no better than Google. The require infrastructured just isn't there. What might however happen is that Silicon Valley might be the only place in the world where self-driving cars become common place.We're not yet at the forefront of technology for this to happen. A lot of technology still needs to catch up:- GPS technology is not yet accurate enough, and doesn't know the street geography- LIDAR based technology...