or Connect

Posts by Misa

Tablets are significantly more useful for certain things, but it's also a slipperly slope for a few others, namely:1) Fast food, sit down family restaurants, pubs/bars, and pretty much any place that typically suffers from "poor customer service" due to understaffing.- I was once at a McDonalds where they had someone come out and take orders from the people in line using a portable device so that all they had to do was pick up the food, half way there McDonalds, half...
You'll be waiting forever for a good Android phone, and with Samsung looking to... ahem... diversify the OS's they are using on their phones, Android might start being on the way out. That 22% of Samsung Androids starts ticking down, bringing the entire Android install base down as they are thrown out after 2 years. Then the Android investors will start freaking out.As for this speakers thing. Sound is a very subjective thing, and with age, people lose their hearing...
No the death of flash must be attributed entirely to Adobe turning it into a video player instead of just leaving it as a portable vector graphics/animation format. Flash is going to die of natural causes due to h.265 and 4K/8K UHD video anyway. The vector animation was basically left unmaintained, and when you scale flash from the typical 320x240 sizes they were designed for to 720p, 1080p and 2160p, the gradients start looking very weird, and the precision of where...
More specificly interior-GPS, and potentially autonomous vehicle mapping. Right now Google has to stick 200K worth of LIDAR equipment to their cars. Imagine doing the same thing accurately with CMOS cameras and IR, and you have something (which is how Kinect does it.)As for practicality. As a game thing, the Kinect has been a flop for everything except motion-rhythm games(DDR, ParaPara, Pump It Up, and such,) and mandating the accessory on the Xbox One basically doomed the...
Just so you know, the reason people fall for these, is that they aren't expecting it. Your average person spends maybe 3 seconds reading an email, not scrutinizing it. This is is why these things still exist. It's why SPAM email still exists. That 0.01% of people who didn't pay attention is enough reason for them to keep doing it.As for how Android devices are getting infected. The ad networks are the primary vector. Windows users who aren't paying attention accidentally...
Unreleased item is expected to take longer to ship... and people are surprised by this? Maybe the AAPL bears, but that has never actually stopped an item from being released. Please wake me up when Apple actually cancels an item that has actually been announced before it ships.The thing is, AAPL used to do this earnings-pop thing and then everyone had a heart attack when Steve Jobs died and it looked like half of the EU was going to go bankrupt. Those are external...
If they give the community too much leverage, it will become a mess like Javascript as it goes form being elegant to "this isn't C++ enough, let's make it harder to use so no newbies will not want to use it" that has happened to Javascript, Perl, and PHPI prefer C, there's nothing terribly wrong with OBJC, or C++, but I find there is a lot of "OOP for the sake of OOP" and not OOP because it makes sense in many projects. This is why you see frameworks layered upon...
At 600-900$ a pop, I doubt it, but then again seeing all the 6-12 year olds in my family have an iPad made me wonder if they get more value out of having separate ones for each kid.I think the video is missing the point of a tablet, or any other entertainment device, in that you can only realistically watch one thing at a time, and that doesn't represent multitasking. The Microsoft ad using video chat and "let me show you something" is more representative of something you...
Hardware patents are "less evil" when it only covers uniqueness of a product, and doesn't prevent a standard from being established. Many of the reasons patents get a bad rap are regarding bad-faith patents (almost entirely dealing with software algorithms and not uniqueness.) For example, the LZW algorithm AFTER it had widespread use in the gif file format. There is no way to re-implement a mathematical algorithm without remaining compatible with other versions of it....
That's because Samsung is being reactive, and tends to never actually know which direction Apple is going when they are unable to peek at the parts in-house. Even then, they have no idea what to make of things. Apple recently switched to 64bit, but not quad-core CPU. Samsung went to quadcore but stayed 32bit... because Android isn't 64bit. If you casually look around news sites, Android is "moving to 64bit by christmas" . Know what that means? More fragmentation.If we use...