or Connect

Posts by Misa

I've been saying this forever. Google Analytics doesn't differentiate between iOS device, but it does by Android device, and when you drill down on the numbers, it's often disappointing that the average device people use is not a high end device.As for Liberal/Conservative tones. The average "Linux" fan tends to be Liberal, and those are the guys buying devices to jailbreak them. But the people making business decisions to port software to Android from iOS or not are...
Bingo. Samsung et al: "X Million units shipped" ... everyone who doesn't have a vested interest in Android companies: "landfilled and written off maybe"The same can be said of Smartphones. Carrier locks kinda ensures that more devices are needlessly bought rather than simply carrier switched, and carriers with legacy networks (eg Verizon) are still need the backwards compatibility for those who have pre-LTE equipment.In all honesty, Samsung's tactics have stopped working....
Well, considering that it's part of the EMV, it's not an apple-exclusive technology. Just the "Apple Pay" marks, and the way Apple implements the secure element is Apple's bit.The Banks, in wanting to do their own Apps want to do HCE (Host Card Emulation), hence storing stuff in the Cloud (Like CurrentC), and of course the weakness with HCE and Cloud's is that it puts the weakness pack into the user's cloud credentials (eg a username and password) not a biometric.Which...
Well I think it's a bit of egg on Microsoft, Bose and Samsung's face when the people they are paying to use their products prefer the competitions.The problem is throwing money at people to use a "different product" that isn't really different or better enough. In the case of iPhone and iPad, the staff were probably just handed the devices and told "use this on the air" not to use it exclusively or to have had any time to learn how to use it.I mean, it will happen. When I...
Honestly I don't even use the emoji, but I think the skin tone is a good idea, but is stinks of feature creep. What will they add next, emoji for all the Karma Sutra, and then gay versions? Gay versions of different skin colors...Like good gawd, it's supposed to just quickly express something in the space of one or two letters, not try to define the entire spectrum of human emotion, race and skin in the same space.When we discover aliens or robots gain sentience are we...
That's nothing new and no surprise. Americans are known for their highly opportunistic lawyers.The fact that CVS and Rite Aid did this at the same time smells of collusion in the same way gas stations all raise their prices on the same day. It may just be a coincidence, but someone had to have told both of these companies to pull the NFC payments to have done it at the same time, and I'd bet money on it being someone at MCX over-reaching.The fact is, every company that has...
I can't even begin to explain how much that is a bad idea.You've seen all these MVNO's right? Virgin Mobile, 7-11 Speakout, etc All that is is buying time on a carrier and reselling it. That doesn't remove any of the customer service requirements.The entire problem with the wireless industry is that they aren't independent. AT&T is the former AT&T Wireless that merged with the former the former Cingular, which was formerly a joint venture between SBC and Bell South. 3 and...
This.If you don't take advantage of a low interest rate when it's available, you may end up paying more later.But the entire "taking on debt to give away money at the other side to shareholders" bit seems insane. That's plucking the golden goose while still expecting it to give golden eggs.
You know, there is absolutely nothing wrong with finding attraction to anyone of any sex. Wanting to "do" them is a thought you can keep in your head or act upon. The less-savage of the human race know that no means no. We don't police thought crimes ... not yet anyway. (Did you see that recent article about being able to predict if someone is a Liberal or Conservative (by US standards?)) When humans are unable to keep their sexual lust in check, we call them various...
FYI, only American Debit cards, and some European Visa cards (V-Pay) work that way.And it's preferrable to have a debit card that functions like a credit card, as it tends to have the same protections as a credit card, as opposed to straight bank account direct debits which should only be done by FDIC covered banks. Everyone that can accept both credit, debit and direct debit(ACH) will always present the ACH method first because it costs them 3% less. And to companies that...