or Connect

Posts by Misa

I see you only have 5 posts. Your review would be more legible if there was more white-space.My personal opinion is that the cost doesn't seem justified. It lasts 48 hours on a battery charge which is good.http://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-band/en-us/support/hardware/specificationsBut it seems like it may have been designed to appeal to the same market as the Jawbone Up deviceshttp://jawbone.com/store/buy/up3Some of the people in my social space immediately went "OMG...
Oh here we go again... Let's look at the problems: 1. Intel 2. Microsoft Intel's problem is that the x86 architechure was not designed for mobile devices, and Intel didn't care about power consumption, nor AMD, until they hit the brick wall at 4Ghz. Also Itanium (mockingly referred to as Itanic.) Microsoft's problem is that they tried to put a desktop OS into a tablet, by replacing the "program manager"(Windows 3.x reference) with Explorer(Windows 95/NT4), and then with...
Well Apple tends to be shooting where the market is going, while others are trying to chase where the market is now.Intel's problem is that it's more interested in creating parts for which there is no market. Celeron's and Atom's serve what purpose? Creating a market for underpowered useless computers that OEM's then try to push as viable machines (see Windows XP and the underpowered netbook.) Poor Asus, completely fell on it's face with the eeePC, when it was supposed to...
Not exactly. Chip cards were rolled out long before chip+NFC cards. Likewise most POS systems added NFC readers before switching to chip+pin with integrated NFC readers.There may be requirements "not to disable, damage, tamper or circumvent any anti-fraud" feature, which would include not disabling the NFC or Chip reading parts.
Only if they're paying 99$/yr for a developer account. Which would require either being part of an enterprise, or you compile every single app from source you wish to sideload.Many developers want to develop software only for iOS, because as soon as their app goes on the Google Play store, it's pirated.
I've been saying this forever. Google Analytics doesn't differentiate between iOS device, but it does by Android device, and when you drill down on the numbers, it's often disappointing that the average device people use is not a high end device.As for Liberal/Conservative tones. The average "Linux" fan tends to be Liberal, and those are the guys buying devices to jailbreak them. But the people making business decisions to port software to Android from iOS or not are...
Bingo. Samsung et al: "X Million units shipped" ... everyone who doesn't have a vested interest in Android companies: "landfilled and written off maybe"The same can be said of Smartphones. Carrier locks kinda ensures that more devices are needlessly bought rather than simply carrier switched, and carriers with legacy networks (eg Verizon) are still need the backwards compatibility for those who have pre-LTE equipment.In all honesty, Samsung's tactics have stopped working....
Well, considering that it's part of the EMV, it's not an apple-exclusive technology. Just the "Apple Pay" marks, and the way Apple implements the secure element is Apple's bit.The Banks, in wanting to do their own Apps want to do HCE (Host Card Emulation), hence storing stuff in the Cloud (Like CurrentC), and of course the weakness with HCE and Cloud's is that it puts the weakness pack into the user's cloud credentials (eg a username and password) not a biometric.Which...
Well I think it's a bit of egg on Microsoft, Bose and Samsung's face when the people they are paying to use their products prefer the competitions.The problem is throwing money at people to use a "different product" that isn't really different or better enough. In the case of iPhone and iPad, the staff were probably just handed the devices and told "use this on the air" not to use it exclusively or to have had any time to learn how to use it.I mean, it will happen. When I...
Honestly I don't even use the emoji, but I think the skin tone is a good idea, but is stinks of feature creep. What will they add next, emoji for all the Karma Sutra, and then gay versions? Gay versions of different skin colors...Like good gawd, it's supposed to just quickly express something in the space of one or two letters, not try to define the entire spectrum of human emotion, race and skin in the same space.When we discover aliens or robots gain sentience are we...