or Connect

Posts by Misa

Convenience, or the mistaken belief that they have to subscribe via the device.I'm not exactly sure why people would pay for a radio streaming service to begin with *snark* when there's all these other "free" radio streams.OH WAIT, these other streams play nothing but covers, not the actual song. Sucks to be a free streamer.
Too add fuel to the fire... I manage web-centric content websites. Out of 100 million page impressions: 15% are mobile users 54.38% are "Android" 41.72% are "iOS" 2.55% are "Windows" (0.79% are "Windows Phone") 0.43% are Blackberry And everything else isn't significant enough to matter. This further can be divided by: 44.50% Apple 22.10% Samsung 4.93% Motorola 4.92% Google 3.79% LG Or even by specific devices: 22.87% iPhone 20.11% iPad 2.04% Google Nexus 5 1.74%...
It depends on which definition you use.A "workstation" as in a CAD/CAM machine can also be a laptop, but usually not. A "workstation" as in "a space where you do your work" can also imply a any kind of desktop/laptop/tablet where all the tools (apps) are immediately available "at that station"It's a bit of an anachronism, but people still "take their laptop home" because they need to be able to work at home or on the road.
The surface Pro 2 had a superior Wacom digitizer. The Surface Pro 3 has an nTrig sensor that leverages the touch screen itself, but everyone that's an artist hates it and are keeping the Surface Pro 2's. Microsoft is always quick to sink their own ship, geez.For reference, it's like Apple selling IPS monitors and tablets, and then everyone selling their own IPS monitors and tablets at the same cost as Apple, and when they don't sell, they switch them back to TN panels and...
It's very simple to see why Apple hasn't.Look how long LCD panels last (and in turn, look how fast CRT's were replaced)If Apple was to release a Television, they would have had to have done it back in 2006-2008, back when the iPhone was new, because that's also when the DTV conversion happened. At the end of 2009, no more Analog OTA. So by now everyone who waited, has since replaced their old analog TV's with new LCD panels that they are going to hang on to until the...
No, it's double-dipping as the content will be removed and then re-released as new content at a higher price tier.
I think the thing everyone overlooks is that "just sitting on the money" is bad. It's akin to holding money in your checking account and not the savings account.For example, a company like Verizon or AT&T can use their "locked in contracts" as collateral to take on debt in the same way that Apple can use it's overseas holdings as collateral to take on debt here. By not doing so, the money loses value to inflation.And bonds have such worthless interest rates right now,...
You will never -ever- see a solid-gold anything. Ignoring the cost of gold, the problem is that gold is soft. Anything (from watches to statues) that is "gold" is really some alloy of gold if it's meant to be "solid" or it's gold electro-plated onto a stronger material.The "gold" Nokia's from 7 years back were "18K gold-plated" and well over 1000$.As far as new phones. Apple is far more likely to switch the metal to plastic shells and otherwise keep the device identical,...
I think the latter is probably going to be what gets people to buy this. Being able to health monitor yourself, or your family members, and call 911 if the conditions present that the wearer is in danger when they shouldn't be. Having the watch prompt "you seem in distress, call 9/11?" could help.
Sounds like the average linux-opensource-zealot Honestly, I've never historically worn a watch, and even when I had one, I wore it until it started malfunctioning and did a long beep-of-death. It went through three straps before that happened.Getting people to want a watch is difficult because a lot of people stopped wearing watches when they started carrying cell phones.Me personally. I go outside without a watch, phone or other electronic toy, and I feel no pressure to...