or Connect

Posts by Misa

The bill of rights says you have freedom of speech. It does not grant you that right to come on to private property (eg a forum) and do whatever pleases you. If the moderators decide to delete posts that they disagree with, that's with their rights too.That said, most forums I've been to that weren't populated only by trolls, don't moderate things until someone crosses a legal line, and at that point it's more dangerous to allow the activity to continue. The android fans...
Not quite. Shipping is still shipping. If you notice, South Korea is isolated from the mainland, just like Japan and Taiwan are. So anything produced or assembled in Japan, Taiwan or South Korea has to be shipped by sea. In the Asia area, this is something of a 8hour to 3 day type of trip. But To ship from Asia to the US and back to Asia, is a 16 week round trip. That is if they're shipped by sea.Now if they're shipped by air, then all bets are off. I'm sure one plane load...
One of the business analysts on the investment television channels was saying that Apple really has nothing to lose in this (and hence doesn't need to negotiate.) The financial reasons are irrelevant, only the validity of the patents are.
Here in Canada, the "I don't want to be on a Jury" in-joke seen in the US never happens. I've known at least three people in the US who has had Jury duty, and nobody in Canada.This form seems like cruel and unusual punishment, and seems to assume more technical prowness of the jury than could reasonably be expected. Even when you see people on jury duty in fictional media, they're never given a 20 page exam. It's always something like "okay everyone, who thinks they're...
The command line is superior... on "Windows" PC's (The Windows Vista/7 start menu also counts as a command line.) It's also only way to use Linux PC's. On the Mac it's nicely done up in a way that you never have to use a command line, but the option exists.Crappy cell devices... Motorola has never produced a non-crappy phone. Stylistically they were prefered by Americans because of the "whoa cool flipphone" factor. Nokia was stubbornly slow to realize this, produced...
Didn't Scotty try to speak to a Mac? Maybe while he was at it, he left the transparent aluminum specifications in it, and Corning cribbed it to make gorilla glass.This just goes back to the point of being able to visualize something, but not produce it. The Video toaster came out in 1990, super-imposing video over objects was a typical "whoa is that cool" thing.If the fiddler tablet came out in 1994, using the technology at the time, would have used a DSTN LCD to cut costs...
  Probably the same way we did before email. Printing it, storing it in a file folder, in a file cabinet. With the computer you can just save individual emails, copy paste the contents of them, etc. If needed. If you need to do anything you don't want a paper trail for, you have a meeting and don't take notes.   2 weeks seems like an arbitrary MS Exchange email retention policy to deliberately destroy emails for corporate espionage, or they don't hire competent email...
Exactly.   Intellectual property rights are the least valuable types of things to take to trial, so 2 weeks or 20 weeks, doesn't matter. Both parties were given chances to settle, and they didn't take it. So the Judge is fully within her right to give a time limit to limit the "cruel and unusual punishment" to the Jury. Nobody in the world except the plaintiff is going to be inconvenienced while infringing products are on the market.   It's not like a criminal trial where...
Many people of technical nature know how to circumvent company policy when the policy serves no purpose but CYA, but results in substantially more work for them if they comply.   One place I worked for had a 60 day email retention policy or something, but I had email going back since I started working there. I circumvented the policy by moving the emails inside outlook to locally stored (on the network) folders. So in a sense, the emails were deleted, but they were now...
My opinion is that we may see a "Apple TV" that's one really big IPS panel. But unlike the iMac may have a remove able AppleTV module connected via a single display-port, and it's this separate module that all the i/o connects to. It makes the entire "remove the TV from the wall, reach-around-blindly" problem go away. Most of us already have one of these boxes, they're usually the surround-sound system, and these boxes all suck. So the better Apple TV module would consist...