or Connect

Posts by Misa

It'll probably become a BTO option. Desktop systems don't need optical drives anymore unless the system itself is being used to burn media. Apple doesn't sell BD units, and DVD units are no longer standard on anything but the cheapest Windows machines.
Let's see this example in real life.   Most tech-savvy people are probably not fashion savvy. Let me ask you. What's the difference between a 2000$ Fendi purse at Nordstoms and a 99$ Fendi purse from walmart? Why would you want to spend so much money on the Fendi when the one at walmart does all the same things (stores your money, phone, lipgloss, etc)  ?    Walmart has done this ( http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/retail/2007-06-07-walmart-fendi_N.htm ) Now why...
Oh this is likely what happens:   "I'd like to return this thing." BB - "Oh, okay, can I get the credit card you used to pay for it?"   Customers who return an item for any reason other than to exchange for the same item, are entered as "defective." Likewise customers may try to save face and say the item is defective and they just want a refund or something else. Usually people don't want to go through multiple returns with the same device, and BestBuy's "extended...
  More like "You have to boot the samsung phone frequently?"   I went into the Samsung store today (the Samsung store is also a knock off of the Apple store, except with blue hues, it's also rather empty compared to the Apple store) and looked at the phone closest to the entrance. That model doesn't have the curved icons. However the different style home screen is less confusing on this version. 
Touch screen CRT's were around in 1998, so were Touch-screen (used with a stylus, but fingers worked) PDA's. Just no phones. The first touch-screen phones were stylus-based PDA's with cellular functionality, which weren't good at all, but they were around in 2004.   Come to think of it, nearly ALL PDA's weren't terribly useful. It wasn't until you could play music on them that they took off, but the battery life of PDA's even in 2008 was on the level of 6 hours, even if...
  It's easy to underestimate what Americans will say to exchange a product and save face. Look up the kind of things Walmart accepts as returns.     Digital Picture frames, have Flat Panel computer monitors as prior art, which those in turn have CRT flat screens as prior art. Digital Photo frames, and most computer screens aren't touch screen devices. Some later picture frame and televisions(not computer monitors) are WiFi enabled. But these devices are not something you...
  I can tell you from experience, that all mobile phones made prior to the iPhone only had two constants: "Green" for Dial, and "Red" for end call. That's because these were physical buttons.   My Nokia N95, which came out the same year or so as the iPhone has this: 1. Contacts - Blue address book, which looks like a white analog telephone receiver on it 2. Messaging - Envelope, yellow 3. Maps - Green Compass 4. Music - A beige file folder with a squareish-speaker icon,...
Ever read about counterfeit Lexus cars? They're the equivalent Toyota with some pieces swapped from written-off damaged Lexus models, or in some cases, just people who bought the Toyota model and some Lexus badging. Then they neglect to tell who they sell it to that's its not a real Toyota.   With Apple, and the knock-off products, you have look-alikes with different branding (eg Samsung) and then there are iClone type of devices. Back in 2007, when the iPhone was...
I think Samsung just went and bought the most expensive lawyer money can buy, and did nothing to check the competence in the tech field.
  Censorship? How is getting a non-existing device as evidence thrown out censorship? It's just irrelevant.   Do you think everyone making flipphones was sued by Motorola, and then claimed Star trek did it first? ( http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/qualcomm-announces-win-in-motorola-lawsuit-156395405.html Design patent "Foldable housing for a portable telephone")   Fictional products aren't functional products. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ8pQVDyaLo , not once...