or Connect

Posts by Misa

Who knows.The logical reason for the iphone 4 is that the parts are still available. If Apple was still producing the A4, then replacing the radio chip with a current version or even replacing the memory or NAND storage with whatever is currently available is much less of a big deal. Remember that the only substantial difference between an iPod touch and an iPhone is the lack of the 3G/4G/LTE radio. Apple still makes the iPod Touch, but it's on the A5 chip at the low end...
King is an evil company, sorry. If you have an iOS or Android device you've probably been spammed to hell with redirects to candy crush saga so they can stay at the top of the app stores "most viewed" listings. I have plenty of complaint emails about them hijacking traffic from ad-supported sites. https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/EDJTbPaW5dg%5B1-25-false%5D "There seems to be a javascript redirect affecting a lot of website forums and such on mobile...
A TV-tuner model is pointless as the cable companies don't broadcast in-the-clear ATSC/DVB, and what you get OTA is maybe 2 channels unless you live in a major city. If it's something that can be added as part of SDR based tv/radio/satellite tuner, then fine. The main problem with cable is that 100% of the equipment is Motorola (now Arris), and Google owned it long enough that it would have made sense for them, but they threw it away.Apple's strength lies in it's...
This is pretty much right on the ball. There's two cycles the Wall St. people tend to ignore:Carrier Upgrade cycle (2 yrs) vs Device Lifetime (7 years)Consumer pocket depthThis is the lifetime of an iPhone:Year 1: Original OwnerYear 2: Hand-me-down or sold to a friendYear 3: unlocked and hocked on eBayYear 4: Likely kept around as the Kids phone/iPod replacement/backupYear 7: Recycled or thrown out.Where as a Samsung phone:Year 1: Original ownerYear 2: Original owner/Kids...
The average person just wants to use the device. Look at other devices and how many accessories do you really own for it? Nintendo Wii/U Xbox? The former has fixed storage and the SD card slot while the latter uses USB connected hard drives but you can't just buy a cheap drive on your own, but you can use 8GB of any USB connected storage for it.Like I think it was a mistake to not have a microSDXC slot on the iPhone/iPad but most people never buy more than one card during...
It's not towards Icahn, but towards to the general idiocy of the "wall st business" people who make money at the expense of the everyone else who invested in the company because they believe in the company/want to retire with more money than they initially invested. Icahn is just one of those guys who bullies the company because he holds a large amount of shares into making bad decisions to increase the share price on a short term and then dump the stock when it won't go...
LG is going to use WebOS in their new SmartTV's, abandoning the Laggy Garbage SmartTV 2013 models based on GoogleTV with no App store, they already suckered people into buying. If I wanted the experience of using the internet on a 386, I'd dig out my 386.Sorry kids, but until Apple releases a TV for Samsung to copy, pretty much all "SmartTV"'s we are going to see are going to be a horrible mess that Sammy and LG continue to trot out and nobody ever will use as anything...
Honestly, this is a big "who cares?" There are no "gaming laptops" out there that are legitimately useable for gaming. It used to be because the GPU power or CPU power was pathetic, now it's because the cooling is. Please, seriously, do not buy ANY laptop if you intend to play games longer than an hour. The MacMini (2012 model) with the Ivy Bridge, is dead silent until you try to play a game. Then it makes some pretty horrible noise, and can get maybe 30fps out of a 6...
Well consider that:- Chrome, Firefox, Opera and MSIE on Windows are only distributed as "32-bit" because they erroneously assume that nobody uses more than 4 tabs. (64-bit versions of firefox nightly let you open hundreds of tabs, why you need that many, who knows.)- Adobe didn't make their CS suite completely 64-bit until CC in 2013 (and even then I'm not sure all the applications are 64bit as I refuse to rent software.) The first and only application to go 64-bit was...
I think you need to look at Nintendo as a reference point of "do bigger screens without an increase in battery life drive better sales in the US", the answer is no, if the hardware is essentially the same.I personally think a larger phone is a mistake, as the original phone's size and weight was the right size to be a phone. The "right size" for a phone that you talk on is the distance from your ear to your mouth, and not everyone's head is the same size and shape. The...