or Connect

Posts by Misa

There's a good market for it:1) PoS (You want something large enough to make a product verification.)2) Education (I always thing it's odd when something is marketed as being "educational", for whom? For children it would have to be smaller and more durable. For College/University it would have to be no bigger than a textbook (which for 8x11 paper diagonal is about 13.9") with the same aspect ratio of paper. Not sure about Europe in that case)3) Elderly... just want larger...
My apartment has 3 LED bulbs that I bought myself on different days. The bathroom and kitchen have CFL's. The LED bulbs At 50$ each or so, I'm not going to be quick to replace them.The first bulb still works, and I bought that one when I moved in. But it's also the one that is the most dim as I think it was meant to replace a 40 watt. I have a feeling that I may end up replacing the bulbs before they burn out, if only to get more efficient models. I'm somewhat skeptical...
[/quote]The only innovation Samsung can be credited with is figuring out the sweet spot for smartphone size, thus driving down the prices for screens of those sizes, which in turn everyone took advantage of.Apple, for all the things it does, is most risk-adverse to product line dilution (eg making 300 varieties of the same thing with only trivial changes like Samsung does.) An iPhone made today works on all carriers worldwide. That owes a lot to having factory-unlocked...
Sounds like the kind of store I would go out of my way to shop at. I'd reasonably suspect the staff are paid more and are happier too.As far as NFC payments go, it's very likely that most Americans weren't even aware that the NFC card readers existed because most banks weren't issuing chip+pin+NFC cards, and every place that has rolled out NFC, only did so AFTER rolling out chip+pin.I had my BMO-Harris card replaced some time last year, and it still didn't have a Chip or...
Depending how you interpret it. Anyone supporting Apple Pay/Google Wallet, is merely supporting Mastercard's Paypass or Visa's Paywave. There's no reason to turn off the NFC as you're accepting credit cards.What this could be interpreted as however is other "apps" like dedicated bank apps, that require separate technology to support. The entire QR code thing is at least more than a decade old and gained no traction anywhere except in some advertising material (QR codes for...
The Garage Door is likely better to be triggered by WiFi, where the presence of both the car and the phone in the address table of the Apple Time Capsule/Airport would give it a "safe" reason to open the door. Most Garage Door's passive infrared sensors at the base of the door to prevent the door closing while something/someone is underneath it.Another use would be outside the car itself, and simply waving the iphone over a panel near the garage door to open it without the...
The stores around here have the 16GB models in stock, but all other models are wait-listed.I might have to wait for the next version if the banks out here don't support Apple Pay this year In all seriousness, Canada has a much established NFC payment system, but nothing but poor excuses for mobile device NFC. ( http://www.rogers.com/suretap/ , Android and Blackberry only, NFC SIM, guess who takes a cut? The mobile carrier.)
Zip. MCX is not a bank, it's not FDIC covered, it's in a worse situation than PayPal would be if it was Paypal offering the service. (FYI Paypal offers credit cards in the US, nowhere else https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-extras-reward-program .)Unless that liability question gets answered soon, MCX is dead in the water. The very people who would jump through the hoops to get a lower cost, if indeed there was any to the customer, are the same kind that don't...
In Canada, there are three kinds of POS terminals:1) Ones that are Chip+pin only (they have only a card slot/pin-pad), are used by vendors who only upgraded to the chip+pin, and won't replace their equipment until worn out.2) Ones that are Chip+pin + NFC (usually tapping he card to the screen), All the ones I see are usually issued by Chase.3) Ones that have separate pin-pads and NFC sensors. These are the old ones that were rolled out chip+pin between 2003 and 2010, and...
I'm assuming the DL and SSN info is only done for a credit check and then discarded... BUT... companies like AT&T keep your SSN on file in perpetuity and any customer service rep can see it in legacy systems, and this is likely true of all credit-reporting facilities. Hence it may very well be that they keep your SSN and DL on file to report to credit bureau's like Transunion and Equifax .Tip: If a phone or internet site requires you to enter the last 4 digits of your SSN...