or Connect

Posts by Misa

Yeah this pretty much. At least now people can tell that it's a Samsung device and not an iPhone device at 5 feet away.That said, it doesn't seem terribly practical unless that curved part can be lit independently as a type of "status bar" screen. If it can't, then it's just a wasted effort.Samsung tends to never really WOW many people, sure it could be first with a 4 core, 4GB, or 4GB of RAM or 512GB NAND, but Apple right-sizes things for their markets.If I could build a...
That's because we're in an environment where consent has lot all meaning.One of the messages I read earlier indicated that the images being posted had been deleted from iCloud months or even years ago. So speculatively speaking, either the images were stolen a long time ago, or they weren't stolen from iCloud but rather something like the Apple Time Capsule (which can be accessed via iCloud)https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3699096?tstart=0 "
It's been mentioned a lot since the first PCB lean with there being a suspected NFC chip space. Likewise myself and several other posters have been mentioning NFC payments over and over. We know it was going to come eventually.Also I haven't actually seen anyone in Canada use any mobile phone for payments. BMO had a Paypass card thing you could stick on the back of your cell phone but I wouldn't be willing to use such a thing (it's a Paypass-only version of the card.)But I...
You shouldn't put phones or wallets in back pockets because it damages nerves in your back.As for the ring itself, I hate asymmetrical textured surfaces, The protrouding lens is going to screw over anyone who was using the iphone as a impromptu bubble-level, however there will likely be third-party bumpers that solve that
More likely, Apple had to wait for a chip that also did a combination of things that included NFC, not just a NFC stand alone chip. Apple hasn't been the first to adopt any wireless tech except bluetooth itself. With good reason, first, and even second generation chips for everything from 802.11 standards to Bluetooth, to GSM and LTE all have been lackluster power-sucking solutions that work fine on desktops, and even some laptops, but in a smartphone you need absolute...
Well of course it makes sense in a watch. It needs to be light and any physical connector is simply too large. Though ultimately I still feel that any kind of "smartwatch" is doomed in the marketplace due to the need to charge it to begin with. Regular watches last years on a battery. Even the Timex watch Microsoft was involved with got "obsoleted" when we went from CRT's to LCD's due to the communication's link being a rather unique wireless optical solution, but it still...
I have a better reason:~Hey look at that awesome looking look, shame someone would see it to mean valuables inside.~Like, hey, I'm all for better home automation stuff, but this thing falls short on three frontsa) Someone watching someone use it would clearly identify that house/apartment or otherwise as having high tech valuablesb) It's battery operated, which means eventually the batteries die, and for that amount of energy waste, you are still better off carrying...
Two things:Different screen pixel density requires different assets. So to support both an iPad and an iPhone, and all it's versions you need 4 sets of assets ,one for every screen size. On Android this just gets impossibly unrealistic to do, so you instead pick the least common denominator between them. In most cases this means omitting "Retina" display versions and just pixel-doubling the assets, at the expense of the image fidelity.To give you an idea. If you program...
Here's what I think iPhone 6(s) or Pro = New A8 CPU/RAM configuration iPhone 6(c) or Mini = Previous A7 CPU/RAM configuration (5s) IPad Pro = New A8 CPU/RAM configuration iPad Air / Mini = Previous A7 CPU/RAM configuration Fits the naming scheme of the MacBook Pro and MacBook Air Ultimately Apple shouldn't rebrand a product and not change the underlying specs, but there's already some brand confusion with just "iPad" due to the first three versions being called "iPad,...
Ugh no. Flash storage, you turn paging off entirely, because you don't want to burn out the NAND within a couple of hours. It's the same reason you don't defragment a drive that uses NAND. You just quickly burn out the 10,000 write cycles. When the write cycles end, the entire chip becomes unusable, unable to read or write.A far more likely scenario is that there is no need to keep things in RAM when they can just be read from the NAND flash again. In a desktop, you read...