or Connect

Posts by Misa

That's nothing new and no surprise. Americans are known for their highly opportunistic lawyers.The fact that CVS and Rite Aid did this at the same time smells of collusion in the same way gas stations all raise their prices on the same day. It may just be a coincidence, but someone had to have told both of these companies to pull the NFC payments to have done it at the same time, and I'd bet money on it being someone at MCX over-reaching.The fact is, every company that has...
I can't even begin to explain how much that is a bad idea.You've seen all these MVNO's right? Virgin Mobile, 7-11 Speakout, etc All that is is buying time on a carrier and reselling it. That doesn't remove any of the customer service requirements.The entire problem with the wireless industry is that they aren't independent. AT&T is the former AT&T Wireless that merged with the former the former Cingular, which was formerly a joint venture between SBC and Bell South. 3 and...
This.If you don't take advantage of a low interest rate when it's available, you may end up paying more later.But the entire "taking on debt to give away money at the other side to shareholders" bit seems insane. That's plucking the golden goose while still expecting it to give golden eggs.
You know, there is absolutely nothing wrong with finding attraction to anyone of any sex. Wanting to "do" them is a thought you can keep in your head or act upon. The less-savage of the human race know that no means no. We don't police thought crimes ... not yet anyway. (Did you see that recent article about being able to predict if someone is a Liberal or Conservative (by US standards?)) When humans are unable to keep their sexual lust in check, we call them various...
FYI, only American Debit cards, and some European Visa cards (V-Pay) work that way.And it's preferrable to have a debit card that functions like a credit card, as it tends to have the same protections as a credit card, as opposed to straight bank account direct debits which should only be done by FDIC covered banks. Everyone that can accept both credit, debit and direct debit(ACH) will always present the ACH method first because it costs them 3% less. And to companies that...
Copy+Paste tends to be the only reason to really want a mouse. Even a Stylus would suffice in that case.The problem I find with the copy and paste on iOS is that it tries to be too helpful, often the amount of time trying to select just the "part of a word" or "part of a sentence" could be better spent just typing it back out.
There's a good market for it:1) PoS (You want something large enough to make a product verification.)2) Education (I always thing it's odd when something is marketed as being "educational", for whom? For children it would have to be smaller and more durable. For College/University it would have to be no bigger than a textbook (which for 8x11 paper diagonal is about 13.9") with the same aspect ratio of paper. Not sure about Europe in that case)3) Elderly... just want larger...
My apartment has 3 LED bulbs that I bought myself on different days. The bathroom and kitchen have CFL's. The LED bulbs At 50$ each or so, I'm not going to be quick to replace them.The first bulb still works, and I bought that one when I moved in. But it's also the one that is the most dim as I think it was meant to replace a 40 watt. I have a feeling that I may end up replacing the bulbs before they burn out, if only to get more efficient models. I'm somewhat skeptical...
[/quote]The only innovation Samsung can be credited with is figuring out the sweet spot for smartphone size, thus driving down the prices for screens of those sizes, which in turn everyone took advantage of.Apple, for all the things it does, is most risk-adverse to product line dilution (eg making 300 varieties of the same thing with only trivial changes like Samsung does.) An iPhone made today works on all carriers worldwide. That owes a lot to having factory-unlocked...
Sounds like the kind of store I would go out of my way to shop at. I'd reasonably suspect the staff are paid more and are happier too.As far as NFC payments go, it's very likely that most Americans weren't even aware that the NFC card readers existed because most banks weren't issuing chip+pin+NFC cards, and every place that has rolled out NFC, only did so AFTER rolling out chip+pin.I had my BMO-Harris card replaced some time last year, and it still didn't have a Chip or...