or Connect

Posts by Misa

Here's what I think, Apple could do this and get away with it... Release new Apple Thunderbolt 2 screens in 4K/5K pixel depths at sizes near Television (32", 48", 60") sizes in addition to the standard 24" model. Then make the new AppleTV have an actual docking mount on the back of it. So you can effectively futureproof the TV out the door instead of the silly contraption that Samsung has for an "evolution kit" (SEK-2500U). The AppleTV would have a bi-directional HDMI...
The main problem with the "Android" camp is that Google has really lost control of the ecosystem. I mean it's a totally awful platform to develop for to begin with, but between the fragmentation and the third-party firmware that doesn't come with/support Google's Apps, it's really in a spot where it's going to implode. We already see both Samsung and LG switching to OS's they bought, and using it in other products instead of Android.The perceived advantage of using Linux...
It's amazing that this wasn't done back in 2008. Oh well, nobody could predict then how hot it would be if it wasn't for the amount of iphone knockoffs China was putting out. That's where iPhone chopshops are going to spring up if anything. They'll find a way to write an unused serial number into the device eventually.I think the average thief is just too stupid to know better. You can do stuff like this with your desktop and laptop Apple devices as well. This was on the...
I think we're all thinking a little too short-sighted. Look at the size of the Apple Watch and now look at the size of the Startrek com badge. Think about what the com badge does.At some point I think the geniuses will realize what the real practical application of a watch is, and it's not telling time.
Full size DSLR's are nothing like a Camera phone or a point-and-shoot.The average person shooting selfies, doesn't care about quality, and the cameras built into any sub-300$ device is sufficient. People who take professional photos at weddings, on the other hand want all the extra resolution and less noise in the picture. You only get a chance to take pictures at a wedding once, there's no re-takes. Parties, events and other documentary services require the better...
You missed the obvious point that low-light performance suffers with higher resolution. Since phones can't pack in full size high powered flashes, they have to leverage what they can. Apple can still make some more improvements to the Camera system (8MP is "at least as good as most DSLR's"... from 2008) before increasing the megapixels.Like have you seen what an image produced by the Nokia Lumia 1020 (41MP) look like? Sure they look nice when outside, but not when you zoom...
Drones can't carry the required weight to have all those sensors. Where drones would be MUCH more helpful is in mapping the exteriors of buildings for something like http://www.nacgeo.com/nacsite/documents/nac.asp , thus enabling a kind of 3D-postal code for things like drones to deliver packages directly to building's that have a porch or deck without the security implications of waiting at the door. Think how much faster you'd get a pizza if it went straight from the...
IBM divested itself of it's core competencies. Which was making hardware for business. First they got rid of the laptops, desktops and then servers. So all the hardware they sell now is what? Mainframes? Who is buying those except those who bought them more than 30 years ago? That's a rapidly decaying market. IBM is all services now, and people are rushing out the door to try "Cloud services" instead. This is precisely the area IBM would have been good at if it didn't...
I live outside the US, I've never seen a single Google car. According to Street-View, one comes by every 3 years.There's two likely scenarios:1) Enhanced mapping - Mainly in the same category as Google street View. It would augment whatever data sources they already use.2) Laser scanning - This is used for two things, but primarily to gather street metrics to establish the "baseline" profile of what the street is supposed to look like in 3D, and then when automated cars...
The dealer probably gets a kickback for setting up the loan, just like they get a kickback on the sale. Try buying a car on a credit card, everyone will balk at it, and insist on "cheaper" financing. That's because the dealership would have to eat like 3% of the cost.