or Connect

Posts by Misa

More or less.Apple needs one small model for those who want small gadgets , and one size for people who are larger and want a larger device. Really Apple should have something likeiPhone(3.5,4.7) - iPod(3.5/4.7), iPad (7", 10")With the iPod model simply being last years iPhone model minus the mobile phone radio/ability to make phone calls, like the iPad. At least Apple is less confusing than Samsung whom I haven't a bloody clue what they are selling or what the difference...
IMEI blocks are carrier-based, and would require reporting the device lost/stolen to the carrier AND that they put the IMEI in a international database of lost/stolen devices, otherwise it's completely useless.Apple's solution is one of the benefits of a walled-garden approach, No Apple account, no iPhone/iPad/iPod/iMac usage. Keep in mind that two things are still true:a) Someone could take the device apart, and sell it for parts on eBay, which there is a market for...
I've maxed out the RAM in every computer I've ever owned, given availability. That includes two macmini's and a laptop. You're right people generally don't upgrade their devices, but that's usually because by the time the device is showing it's age, the availability of upgrade parts have disappeared or now are more expensive than buying new. We have a really wide window right now for upgrading because the performance increase from the Sandy Bridge parts through to the...
I'd like to know what Amazon was thinking with this... Killing Samsung? LG? I like some of the hardware specs on Android devices, but the Android environment is a deal killer for me. Everything I've seen powered by Android other than a smartphone has been slow and crash prone. As for smart phone Androids, they fill the low-end niche, replacing dumb phones and feature phones. That is how everyone selling Android phones has been treating the Android ecosystem... throwaway...
That's like asking why people don't drive SmartCars instead of Ford F350's. Different capacity and different purpose.ARM's purpose is low-power, which is why it's perfect for mobile and lousy for everything else but microservers. (Because you can fill a data center cage with 12 4U rack servers filled with 2160 of them (4 x 45) in the same power envelope as 8 Xeon CPU's per 45 ARM parts.)Until there is a dramatic shift in how programmers design programs to multithread...
I don't see anyone begging for larger devices, just cringing. There is a market for larger devices, but that's pretty much targeting fat-fingered Americans and elderly, not the people who will actually use it as a smart phone. Take a look at Japan and Korea, who wants to look like they are talking into a 1990's era sized cell phone. They like their tiny gadgets.Apple's best bet really is to figure out which two sizes actually sell, and axe the others. That might mean...
I'm actually surprised that nobody has tried to jump back on the DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) bandwagon and actually make better versions of this that also incorporate wii-balance-board type of technology) seems like something Apple could do with iTunes quite easily. Would probably sell well in Japan and Korea... not too sure about America.
Honestly the SD card thing is a misdirection. an iPad or iPhone would be better served with an SDcard if it was meant to be a companion device to a photo/video camera, or operate primarily as one. It isn't. So instead you get the must-be-faster-but-soldered-to-the-PCB solid state storage. Android Tablets/Phones are having trouble deciding if they are a computer or a toy. A toy is something you play with until you lose interest. I'd love to have a SDXC card support in an...
If that's the case, then that seems to explain the "region locking" by store pushed by Apple, Nintendo, Microsoft, Steam, etc is to force the taxes and royalties to be paid to the correct countries media monopoly and tax system. Think about it. If the taxes are the lowest in Ireland, everyone in the EU would buy from the Ireland iTunes store.I think what needs to happen, realistically, is that the "internet" needs to be treated as it's own country for the purposes of tax...
Most of the problem (eg 20+ minutes of updating) is not unique to the Playstation 3,4, Xbox360,XBone,Wii, WiiU, or 3DS.What makes a console viable is mean time before failure (MTBF) Microsoft did the console industry a lot of harm with the terrible build quality of the Xbox 360, I'm quite honestly surprised that anyone would buy the XBone in the first 3 years if at all. Sony doesn't have quite the record on hardware defects, however repeated (needless) firmware updates...