or Connect

Posts by Misa

The entire reason it happens is because people, not corporations, have been doing it forever. Where do you think the 1% parks their money? They shuffle it through shell corporations and "pay themselves" when they need the money. That way the 1% aren't "multibillionaires" on paper.Corporations started doing it, and realized they never have to pay their US HQ. Then other companies in the last few years realized they could buy a foreign company and get out of US taxes entirely.
Nope.There was a product called Flash Lite that was designed for mobile devices, which was basically Flash 7. When the iPhone and Android devices came out, Adobe initially created flash players, but Apple wouldn't permit flash on their platform, and the Android devices were falling over trying to run flash, so as the android platform continued to fragment, Adobe threw in the towel. Adobe also discontinued the generic flash runtime on Linux.What you get now is the Flash AIR...
One of the Bloomberg TV people would routinely go "Apple's a whole entity to it's own."Like, every other stock has a predictable pattern. Good news=price goes up, bad news=price goes down. Apple on the other hand has no correlation between news and stock activity. That one time that Apple missed guidelines, by a tiny amount everyone screamed murder and bear'd down on the stock from a high of 600 to 470.
I think you mean "the PowerVR tech is in the Intel Integrated GPU"And technically that's true. It's in the GMA 500/600 parts that go into the Atom/Pentium. These GPU parts have always been underwhelming. The i3/i5/i7 however is Intel's own technlogy. This has been true since at least 2012, and Intel isn't using PowerVR's GPU cores in current products.But that said, the intel onboard GPU parts are borderline equivalent with other iGPU parts from AMD. They're just...
Which we've been able to do since the Nokia N95 in 2008 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyWVH6jkDHg , and more recently with the Nintendo 3DS (which came with a bunch of AR cards too.)But has there been a single thing developed that actually worked in AR? Nope. Part of the problem has always been being able to interact with that AR space. The N95 example, isn't a touch-screen device, so all you can do is wave the device around. The 3DS, likewise all you can do is wave it...
Ever work for a company that just gives you a job that they know is possible, but don't know the engineering requirements?"Port our (shovelware) game to iOS, Android, Blackberry, etc"So you as the developer get the lovely job of figuring out how to make it work on the lowest-common-denominator hardware. On iOS, you can usually just take advantage of the native API's (OpenGL/Metal) and target the phone or tablet with the same code, since the screen ppi is close enough to...
It likely is more representative of city vs rural. You'll likely also find the same red vs blue voting pattern correlation. Blue states have high urban population densities, while red states have low urban density. So the more area you have to spread a vote over, the more likely the state will remain red.So in the case of iPhone correlations, states like Washington and California can be excused outright because the companies that produce phones are in those states (Amazon...
IMO... This might be a prelude to Google rolling out Google Glasses 2.0, automated cars, and a few other services that need always-on data. Like if you think about it, the gordian knot in getting people to use these services is the constant worry about paying to use free services. Get rid of the mobile carrier from the decision, and people will be far far more willing to use services like Google Maps for more than just quick turn-by-turn instructions to their...
The media isn't quite as pedantic as the average nerd.A hologram, requires no headwear. We don't have the technology yet to record an image that can be played back in a holographic sense. MRI's take "slices" to produce a 3D image. What we see in "3D" films is just sterographic post-processing from a flat image. We do have light-field cameras now that record a 3D image without a needing two cameras.What is being described is Augmented Reality, which overlays 2D computer...
I imagine that scene from the simpsons singing the stonecutters song. http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/We_Do_%28The_Stonecutters%27_Song%29Anyway, I think it's mostly FUD when it comes to trying to paint the iPhone as easily spied on, when you have Linux nerds who willingly make their Android devices do this without the NSA twisting their arm.