or Connect

Posts by Misa

Jokes on you, Receipts are not thermal or moisture stable. Sometimes I go to find a receipt from 5 years ago and all that's left is a blank receipt with the store logo on it.If it wasn't so obnoxious I'd actually prefer the dot-matrix thermal receipts of old, at least they were burned permanently into the paper. Then again, I'd rather be able to just click "view receipt for this transaction" on my bank/credit card website, and have every receipt emailed to me as the...
This is a very obvious point, and I'll go one further...Ever since the advent of "pay by phone", everyone tries absolutely everything they can do to discourage using credit cards. They want you to give them your checking info so that1) They can debit your account directly2) Put you on recurring billing3) Not question the charges.There is absolutely ZERO protection from f**k-ups doing it this way. CurrentC, like PayPal also does this, they want access to your banking info...
At any rate you'd think that they would have solved the problem by now, but nope. Telus support is like "uh use a VPN"
Adoption rate might be faster if people were able to download it: http://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-TV-Home-Phone/slow-and-unreliable-downloads-from-Apple-Content-Distribution/m-p/47829 https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6610987?start=30&tstart=0 "Yosemite download is insanely slow (nothing wrong with my network)" I'm one of those people who are getting only 100Kb downloads. Yes Kb. For whatever reason, even if I override the download location to another CDN point,...
Nope nope nope. You're comparing a scooter to a car on the basis they can both go highway speed.Assuming:1. If the CPU's are 2Ghz, and then therefor desktop x86-64 class. Setting aside that desktop CPU's under 3Ghz are not game machines. Synthetic benchmarks only test the ALU or FPU. All the other features a CPU supports (eg MMX) doesn't have equivalents in ARM and may only be implemented as coprocessors.2. The GPU cores aren't even in the same ballpark as a desktop...
Guess Square/Paypal will still have a future then.Though IMO the iPad never had the iPhone Passport feature which was a prelude into this, nor any possibility of making phone calls on the device, so either it was intentionally left out, or the NFC is built into the radio hardware, and simply not "connected" in software.http://www.extremetech.com/computing/192729-ipad-air-2-teardown-reveals-the-magic-of-apples-thinnest-tablet-a-smaller-batteryIf it's being limited to only...
Ugh, if Icahn or any of those other Corporate raider/vulture/whatever-name-they-are-called-now gets ahold of Apple, you'll quickly see it gutted, like everything they touch. In a sense, they buy enough shares, demand presence in the board room, demand changes that plunder the value of the company through dividends or propping up nose-diving share price with buybacks, and then short the company before it crashes.Or at least that's the gist of what I read about how Icahn...
... pending banks getting on board.Canada and Europe have chip+pin, and we also have NFC already. So if the NFC terminals need to be updated to support Apple Pay, there might be some balking at having to cycle the hardware out yet again, but we've had chip+pin terminals long before chip+pin was rolled out. In fact (in Canada) we had CIBC/Amex try to roll out a chip card more than a decade before EMV chip+pin actually got forced on everyone.The thing is, chip+pin and NFC...
Whoa there.I feel vindicated that I bought the previous i7 quadcore macmini and bought third party ram.As for "who the hell upgrades the ram anymore?" everyone. Par for the course is that Apple should have been maximizing the amount of RAM installed in all machines in the first place, thus negating a need for "upgrading"As for who actually buys a mini over an iMac. Repeat with me "I already have a monitor I spent 1000-2000$ on"Past experience with all hardware has proven...
This is actually a pretty big deal. If I can use the Apple sim and go "pretty much anywhere" and spend 20$ or so to activate 2GB of data or a month of data or whatever, you no longer have to buy the prepaid sim cards in the EU, or beg a MVNO for a sim card without buying a phone in the US/Canada. You can just use what it comes with. It probably would have been a bit more worth while for Apple to be it's own MVNO, but that would likely not work in Apple's favor when...