or Connect

Posts by Misa

For one, they could silently track devices when they are stolen, Cell carriers have been able to do this since the switch from Analog. The technology is in the phone (AGPS.)Prevent wiping/resetting/tethering/sim-removal if the device is locked. LikeIf the device is at the lock screen and any of the following happen...- SIM card removed, send a tamper-alert to the cell carrier to track the device until the screen is unlocked- No wipe or factory reset while the screen is...
Intel has not been lagging since the HD graphics 2000, and I mean this ever-so-tongue-in-cheek way. The 2000 part is equal to garbage onboard offerings by nVidia and AMD. The 4000 part is roughly equal to GeForce 9700M GTS/Radeon HD 7520G which is an onboard low-end part.http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/common_gpus.htmlThe HD4000 on that list is still only 1/3rd the power of a mid-level video card, and 1/10th the power of a high-but-not-SLI configuration card. If the...
Good question.But to be fair, the question really needs to be "which computer brand has the most support requests per 1000 machines sold", you'd probably find Apple to be the best, and HP to be the worst, with Dell probably somewhere in the middle but below Lenovo. Samsung I'd expect to be below Dell and under the Japanese brands.Again this comes back to build quality. Based on experience, HP has the single worst build quality of laptops, and most of the problems with HP...
Nah, it's more likely to be made in the US because of BTO configurations that necessitate quick turn around times. This is OK.However as for the future of the Mac Pro, what myself any many others would like to see is a return to the G3/G4 type of Mac/MacPro that was one step between the iMac/Macintosh and where the current Mac Pro is in terms of customization. What we instead got was a MacMini that basically a headless laptop (albeit a VERY GOOD one, but not upgradeable)...
Netbooks, when they were released (eg the original Asus eeePc or whatever it was) were an interesting idea at the time when you just needed something to check email (eg a blackberry device), longer battery life (eg a laptop), and a wireless access point. However companies like Dell and HP decided to try and use the netbook category to backfill the "cheap laptop" entry point by putting these substandard Intel Atom parts, intel GMA video and basically use the worst parts...
This is exactly the problem.Android devices are not being updated to the latest version... even when the hardware is capable. The Android vendors would rather you shell out for a new phone every year than update the old one. All the Android devices out there running 1.6 could just as easily run 4.x if their hardware manufacturer and wireless carrier would do it. But no instead it's "not fiscially prudent" ... yes it's not financially viable to support Android, there's your...
Not sure where you get that idea. I can go outside on any day (and my city is like mostly Asians) and you'll basically see nothing but iPhones. No blackberries, no dumbphones, no Android alternatives.Like it feels embarassing now to use anything that isn't a smartphone. That's the point. If you're not using an iPhone, you're basically "don't get it" and get treated like you treat your grandma with technology. I know my grandma won't touch a computer, and my mother won't...
Not going to happen. Exchange, like Blackberry does 'push' and it's benefit has more to do with saving power and getting instant notifications.This can also be done with:- Skype- Jabber- SMS text messages- Apple's own MessagesMost people are moving away from email's uselessness when it comes to instant notifications, so this is not exactly a problem. Businesses who need it, either run their own exchange server or they are paying someone else to. That is no...
It's more or less commonly known that "bear spray" is the only legally obtainable weapon in Vancouver, and when someone asks to buy it, they really aren't going to be using it on bears. Bears are native to BC, but they don't live inside the cities. The people that obtain it are usually the same people who would carry mace or a tazer in the US.