or Connect

Posts by Misa

That's because Samsung is being reactive, and tends to never actually know which direction Apple is going when they are unable to peek at the parts in-house. Even then, they have no idea what to make of things. Apple recently switched to 64bit, but not quad-core CPU. Samsung went to quadcore but stayed 32bit... because Android isn't 64bit. If you casually look around news sites, Android is "moving to 64bit by christmas" . Know what that means? More fragmentation.If we use...
I use my Wii U for both Netflix and HTML5 development. It's HTML5 web browser is artificially limited, making it pretty darn hard to make javascript games work on it. (It's not as weak as the 3DS browser, but both are too weak that they tend to die when you run a javascript benchmark or various feature tests from Cocos2d/easelJS.)I don't watch Netflix on my windows computers because it's a nuisance to get the the streaming to work. I was previously using the Xbox 360 S...
Companies won't admit to wrong-doing if it's a third party. Especially if they are making money off of it. Premium Text Message fraud? Oh the customer was an idiot. Freemium in-app purchase fraud? Oh the customer was an idiot. You can also put "blame a kid" in there. One place I worked for, customers routinely pulled the "blame a kid" excuse because they or their kid put their cell phone number into one of those "text ##### to win a (item)" scams. I can't believe how...
I can still use my 2006 Macmini. I bought it when I had just moved to a new city and the laptop I was using was only 2 years old. The laptop now? recycled it 2 years ago as it no longer works at all.Sales/Marketing often don't consider that most people are still using what they have because they haven't been forced to replace it. Nearly all Windows XP devices are still usable, but they would be better off replacing them with new devices if they saw the energy savings...
This isn't correct. The OS needs to provide the accessibility features (eg Siri) when the device doesn't permit software to have enough space to operate. In the case of Siri and other text-to-speech software, it's insanely CPU intensive and memory/disk intensive to operate. We've had the ability for computers to do TTS since the original Mac and Amiga, but only in recent times have we seen this pushed to mobile devices, and out of necessity because blind people with no or...
No, Samsung just has no growth path.Eventually they run out of places to expand into, and without offering something better than the competitor, what did they expect? Apple is the innovator. Samsung is not. Google is not.Google was originally trying to copy the Blackberry, before the blackberry tanked because everyone was switching the much nicer better iPhone. So all existing Android devices are this ugly middle ground of crappy low/mid-tier device with crappy development...
No way. I'll take security over wireless convenience. This is a fundamental misunderstanding of how computers work. USB3 has 5gbits of bandwidth. PCIe Hard drives are being used on the Macbook, MacPro and iMac push around 8Gbits. 802.11ad is 6.75Gb, and that is an awful lot of extra radio circuity for something that is going to be less than 2 meters away.Point of reference, AP's bleed out and can be eavesdropped from more than 1km away. Even though their rated outdoor...
Let's see:1. Android SmartTV's and Blueray players are generally not hooked up to anything, so no internet, and even those that are, ever try using the internet with a remote, gamepad or wiimote? It's an irritating experience to say the least.2. ISP's put their junk Android phones on the "feature phone" service tier, thus it costs 5 cents a kilobyte to use the data, so it's disabled.3. Android phones are frequently the only option for 7-11 Speakout and similar...
Wireless charging is as much as a dead technology as Wireless networking is. It has it's uses, but it's mainly to remove cable clutter from spaces that can't have it (eg most Condo and Apartment buildings, where you're not allowed to punch a hole in the wall. Likewise cell phones can't fit full size ethernet connectors.) It's otherwise inefficient, and wastes extremely large amounts of energy.Where I could see wireless charging becoming a standard is primarily for...
Wouldn't surprise me.I was visiting family the other day and everyone who had a smartphone had an iPhone. The one person who didn't, was the daughter in a household of Apple products who had a Samsung device, and she hates the battery life on it.