or Connect

Posts by Misa

This is actually nothing new. A malicious site, could use it to store junk on a user's machine. Most sites don't even make use of the feature to begin with. Still obsessing over 4KB cookies. The real danger here comes from the fact that the browsers are still 32-bit and can thus be crashed, leading to other exploits. It would be nice to set some ground rules for storage (particularly tablet's and smartphones) where the storage is disabled by default, and the user is not...
As always we're seeing "Shipped" not "sold" For all we know those devices are sitting in BestBuy's warehouses unsold. I can't believe how oblivious some people seem to be when you follow the money. AT&T and Verizon push Android phones because they can make more money on it BestBuy and third party stores also push Android because they can make more money on it, no matter what BS tell the customer. This has been going on ever since mobile phones went digital. The third...
Same with Canada.The only reason the Square device works is because it uses the magstripe. All other countries have told their merchants to use the contactless chip or the chip+pin method and charge more for swiping, and even more for manual entry.The problem lies in the security of the device that enters the PIN. If you go to the Apple store here, they have a huge honking pin-pad attached to the rear of their iDevices to support the chip+pin. Why can't we buy these things?
To be honest, what I think Apple can't make a cheaper device without substantially degrading the design - the iPhone's design incorporates glass or metal, this is to wick away heat, so these can't really be compromised without making the device larger - All current phones being sold have a Retina display, hence removing it would break compatibility with software that presumes it. - Likewise, removing or downgrading the parts would sacrifice build quality or...
No, pretty much every website stat tracking shows the same thing, iOS usage is greater than Android usage, by how much depends on the content. Image/comic sites tend to be consistent with Akamai's numbers, where as sites that cater specifically to Apple fans (eg Appleinsider, Macrumors) versus Linux/Android (Slashdot) tend to skew much more heavily to their intended audiences devices.See alsohttp://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_mobile.asp iOS...
As said time and time again, go look at any publicly published web statistics, the iOS devices are used 2 to 3 times as often as android devices. So where are all these Android devices? - Replacing dumbphones - Replacing single-purpose devices (eg photo frames, ebook readers, portable dvd players, GPS units, compact point and shoot cameras) - If they're not being used on the web, chances are they're not being used for apps. If you already have stuff purchased on iTunes,...
My opinion is that I don't think this guy is worth listening to. Luxury customers are Apple's intended audience. These are the same people who don't even think twice about dropping a fortune on a Lexus or buying a multi-milliondollar home. They don't care what the product costs, nor do they care how much money an app costs to "unlock all the hidden costs", which is why developers target the iOS devices. If you want to make money, you target the iOS and Mac OSX devices...
Unfortunately, I actually I had some hope that the Microsoft tablet would be more successful. A tablet monoculture of iPad apps is not a good thing. Android is an utter failure as anything other than a "disposable" device, so developers don't want to target it.The fact that pretty much nobody wanted the Windows UI to change after Windows 98/2000, and microsoft ignored it (you can turn off the themeing system in Win7 and see the Win2K UI) points back to how much inertia...
This is why:http://www.arcfn.com/2012/03/inside-cheap-phone-charger-and-why-you.htmlCounterfeit accessories result in house fires and such. We don't want this crap thank you very much.There's perhaps some wiggle room on things that don't electronically interface with the iphone, ipad, etc, but if it can risk destroying the device at either end, it needs to never leave China.
Speculation is fun though!Here's what I think, realistically, Apple would or could do:1. Buy S3/VIA/Cyrix, jettison the trash and low-build quality they're known for. May as well not, other than for any x86-64 patent/licences.2. Buy nVidia, er probably not, nVidia seems to want to do it's own thing.3. Buy AMD/ATI. AMD doesn't make horrible parts, and they do hold 22-30% of the market, roughly the same amount Apple has for Desktops (not all systems.) The problem here is...