or Connect

Posts by Misa

They don't have to hold the device hostage when they are using incompatible technology or frequency bands. This is why you can't switch between Verizon and any "normal" GSM carrier, because Version doesn't operate on GSM at all. You can only use a LTE device that supports both carriers bands, and even then, nobody is using VoLTE yet, it's mostly just LTE for data.Like in the US, the value of removing carrier lock (aka SIM lock) is dubious at best. It should be done...
A special dividend is a bad idea, because that just gives away the companies money for no benefit for future and past share holders. That's the kind of thing you do when the company is about to implode. Same with buying back stock. Buying it back for any reason other than to take advantage of foolish bears trying to push down the stock is just foolish. Over time the stock dilutes because of stock options that vest, and when those are sold, they end up back in the common...
I'm hardly the audiophile, but that's oversimplification.The average non-audiophile, probably is fine with 10$ earbuds, and the stock-speakers that come built into their ipad/iphone/imac. People like me will spend the extra 300$ or so and build a full surround system for their most-used form of entertainment (eg TV or Computer) and will not bother with anything expensive for any other device. Audiophiles buy the expensive (and goofy looking) "surround sound" headphones to...
99% of the people are simply not software engineers. The smaller portion of people can learn software engineering, tend to cling to what they know for as long as possible, even when the writing is on the wall.For example. Java and Flash are two things you should absolutely not be using to write software. The future of Java is unclear because Oracle has a record of propietarization. Likewise with Flash, Adobe has done the same since it acquired it from Macromedia. All those...
Everything has diagnostic capabilities, just it seems these should not be running unless developer mode is turned on and the device screen is unlocked. So nothing new here. Theoretically someone could craft data to make a MITM attack against the the services and an actual trusted device, or pretend to be the trusted device, but this still is far more limited than the clickbait sites would have you believe.
NFC isn't dead end, just it's kinda misused. Apple has to support it, because NFC is what contactless payment cards use for various things. Here's a practical application, tell the watch to go into "contactless card mode (transit)" and use it to get on and off trains and buses. That's far more practical than whipping out the phone or keeping a dozen NFC cards in a wallet. A NFC chip part would be on the bottom part so you don't need to tilt your arm in an awkward angle to...
1) Microsoft wields monopoly power if you look only at OS and Desktop Office software. Where Microsoft overstepped heavily was not in shipping MSIE with Windows 98 but with cramming a bunch of broken technology into it like the Web wouldn't evolve, and we've only recently managed to dispose of standards-broken MSIE6 and 7 because of this. Apple ships Safari with their OS too, in much the same way as MSIE in Windows, but unlike Windows, it's in a lot more pieces (the...
I feel an echo in here, because I'm pretty sure half the stuff mentioned in the article was stuff I mentioned a week ago, then again, there are plenty of people who could see the same thing.First, Tizen, this is a DOA (Dead on Arrival) product, and Android will be circling the toilet if it actually makes any significant inroads. However Samsung is notoriously awful at producing hardware, let alone software, and puts out a lot of half baked things that don't work to...
Tablets are significantly more useful for certain things, but it's also a slipperly slope for a few others, namely:1) Fast food, sit down family restaurants, pubs/bars, and pretty much any place that typically suffers from "poor customer service" due to understaffing.- I was once at a McDonalds where they had someone come out and take orders from the people in line using a portable device so that all they had to do was pick up the food, half way there McDonalds, half...
You'll be waiting forever for a good Android phone, and with Samsung looking to... ahem... diversify the OS's they are using on their phones, Android might start being on the way out. That 22% of Samsung Androids starts ticking down, bringing the entire Android install base down as they are thrown out after 2 years. Then the Android investors will start freaking out.As for this speakers thing. Sound is a very subjective thing, and with age, people lose their hearing...