or Connect

Posts by Misa

It's not going to help anyone. I don't know of anyone using Chromecast.Here's what needs to happen:If I say "I want to watch X-men", I want the device to query Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Crackle, Crunchyroll, etc for all shows that are "x-men" and return that in an unified interface. The Xbox 360 kinda does that. Not very well though.Second I want a unified interface in which I can stop, play, skip, fast forward, rewind, record** and replay** anything that can be plugged into...
Won't happen, and the new MacPro is not the same type of desktop that the previous one was. The previous models were Xeon DP, the current ones are Socket 2011 which allows UP/DP/QP configurations, but I somehow doubt that Apple will make a DP configuration when the base model can already can scale from Quad-core to 12-core on the same socket.That said, I still think Apple should license one "clone" manufacturer to produce high-end workstation and servers that can be rack...
Just so the anti-apple people know: Amazon only streams video in the US Hulu can not be watched outside the US iTunes in Canada often doesn't have HD versions of content available in the US, or is several seasons behind. However, you can use American credit cards (eg gift cards) on the US iTunes store to watch content bought from the US outside the US. You can't do this with Amazon, Hulu, or even Netflix. If you want to see the content goldmine get cracked open, it has...
Not really.A point-and-shoot camera still has a better lens mechanism (sometimes offering optical zoom) that a iPhone/iPod/iPad device will always lack. Most cameraphones are good-enough for what most people would have had a 110 style camera for (and the same tradeoffs of much lower resolution than expensive (D)SLR's.) A lot of what you see in current PaS cameras is hand-me-downs from DSLR versions.Regardless if this patent is not an april fools day joke or is. A camera...
There is no point trying to correct data on Wikipedia because it is a mob mentality. To put it bluntly, it's difficult to challenge robots and paid "reputation" companies that exist entirely to scrub negative perception of their brands with people who actually care about factually reported data.Wikipedia is not a useful site, and hasn't been useful for more than 7 years. It is trying to be CNN when it's ultimately closer to 1000 monkeys writing Shakespeare.
I refused to buy a camera mobile phone (back before the iPhone was even released) until there was a comparable one to my digital still camera. So that meant looking for 5-6Mpixels. None of the iPhones when they came out had it. It wasn't until the iPhone 4 that something was comparable. Meanwhile I had bought the Nokia N95 which had a similar Mpixel sensor. Pictures taken on a mobile phone are horrible. Even the best quality pictures taken on an iPhone or iPad, pale in...
Because:a) Apple has no clout with the wireless carriers. Sure they could become their own MVNO, but you'd still be charged 10 cents a kilobyte. They can only pass on the charges they are charged.b) Spotify, Pandora, Rdio, etc have to pay pennies each time a song is played, regardless if you listen to it. So does Apple. A monthly service does not cover that cost, because everyone wants a cut. Why do you think the majority of the music on these services are cover versions?...
Nope. Because TV tuners only work for the US, and only for HD OTA. Other countries (like Canada) that share ATSC, do not have cablecards, so the only thing an external antenna input can be used for is OTA if you live in a major city like Toronto. If you live anywhere else, you get one or two channels and usually poorly. Even where I live I've tried to get the Analog OTA signal before it was switched to digital and I could only get 3 channels, with about 30% clarity (there...
I'll just point this out again as it bears repeating.All Apple devices, have a minimum lifespan of 7 years. The reason the iPhone is successful is because the technology at the time accelerated because of Apple changing the game. So for the last 10 years or so, mobile devices leapfrogged what we were getting before from the likes of Nokia and Blackberry. Apple ate Blackberry's lunch, Android ate all the feature phones lunches.To be able to do this with Television would...
They could, but it would not be cost effective to since Intel and AMD have 20 years of patents and cross-licensing under their belts.ARM on the other hand, Apple actually helped start.The most important factors for mobile is TDP above everything. This is why Intel, nVidia and AMD don't make parts that belong in devices with small batteries. We only see "ultrabooks" and devices like the Microsoft Surface at all because of improvements in battery life in addition to die...