or Connect

Posts by Misa

It probably needs carrier support to CALL OTHER PHONES. Kinda like how the iMessage works in principle already, the fallback is to establish a call over GSM/UMTS/VoLTE. But the connection setup is likely something to the tune of:Terminating device -> WiFi-> Carrier -> POTS It's literately an extra step. The Rogers One already does the above. Also carriers have had similar services before to save your minutes using UMA before (mostly blackberry devices) so we will have to...
Nobody expects the unexpected. Time will tell, but usually new programming languages are met with extremely hostile developers at first, and lack of cross-platform viability (eg to Windows or Android) will ultimately prevent a language from muscling out whatever is dominant, no matter how crappy the dominant language is (eg Java and C++ are crappy for reasons owing to their unnecessary complexity and inflexibility between runtimes using the same language. This is why all...
I'll blame Microsoft for just screwing up the marketing. the RT was a device looking to solve a problem that didn't exist. It was trying to run "full windows" on hardware that would normally be tablet hardware. The Surface Pro on the other hand is a laptop in a tablet form factor. The latter is utterly incapable of doing anything CPU intensive because Intel parts are bad (AMD are worse) in the side of device. The Surface Pro 3 just proves this point that Microsoft is...
I have no doubt they have experiments in the labs, but there is absolutely no way such a device would sell except to a power-conscious "green" customer. No Desktop will ever sell like this except maybe macmini "servers" relegated to NAS/Servers. An iMac would certainly fail, and a Mac Pro would be dead before it hit the store.This is not the same argument as the PowerPC problem. With PowerPC, IBM was the sole CPU supplier to Apple, and IBM was much more interested in...
This is similar to the RROD on the xbox.I'm not going to blame Apple for it either. The problem with "ultrabook" designs is that there is insufficient surface area for proper cooling. I had the GPU in a non-apple laptop built in 2003 or so finally quit after not being used and being stored for a year, I've had Sony camcorder CCD's do the same. For whatever reason it seems like the TIM (Thermal Interface Material) fails to evenly cool the part, so it develops a hot spot,...
I'll state the obvious and point out the obscene levels of "misuse" of phones enabled with a camera. It's a bit of a pain in the ass to get a data-only sim even in the US if you're from outside the US. Why Japan seems any different is probably a matter of perspective.
There should be some kind of building-code bylaw to not have all-glass facades at ground-level. For example http://metronews.ca/news/vancouver/374886/stolen-jeep-used-as-ram-in-metrotown-jewelry-store-robberies/, this mall also has an Apple store, but the store is on the upper level, so no smash-and-grab is possible. Yet the Jewelry stores on the lower level? They just rebuilt the damaged store AND then put the concrete pylons at the mall entrances that didn't previously...
It does seem like a lot of money to pay for a Brand. If it's a licensing thing, maybe there's more to it.As for 24/96 or 24/192, there is some significance from a mixing point of view, but like the upgrade from VHS (200 lines) to SVHS (400 lines) to SD (480i) to HD (720p) and beyond people don't know something is better until they experience it. If we paid as much attention to audio as we did to video, we would have a "HD" version of earbuds by now.Most headphones below...
Or you could just wait for the next AppleTV. Whenever that comes.The OP basically summarized that it's not particularly impressive. The lack of Amazon on the device is meaningless to anyone who doesn't live in the US. I know Hulu still isn't available outside the US, and the only three streaming video options that I know do work are Youtube and Netflix (because it works on the Nintendo consoles) and Crackle.US companies developing services and hardware that is useless...
It's not going to help anyone. I don't know of anyone using Chromecast.Here's what needs to happen:If I say "I want to watch X-men", I want the device to query Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Crackle, Crunchyroll, etc for all shows that are "x-men" and return that in an unified interface. The Xbox 360 kinda does that. Not very well though.Second I want a unified interface in which I can stop, play, skip, fast forward, rewind, record** and replay** anything that can be plugged into...