or Connect

Posts by Misa

http://www.quora.com/Why-havent-CPU-clock-speeds-increased-in-the-last-5-yearsAlsohttp://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-past-present-and-future-of-the-cpu-according-t/1100-6421514/The point is that single-core performance has essentially been at a plateau for several yearshttp://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.htmlIntel Pentium 4 3.73GHz released in Q4'04 (90nm 115 W) is the same performance as a Intel Core i3-4020Y @ 1.50GHz released Q3'13 (22 nm 11.5 W), the market is...
Indeed.I actually feel more confident about 23andme storing DNA for research purposes, than I would ever feel about storing individual biometrics in the cloud as an authentication mechanism. What happens if you lose the limb that biometric is associated with?Like, I'm going to sound really old, but even if insurance companies could discriminate against you by having your DNA information, it's far more valuable to know what you have, or might be predisposed to, so you can...
You're greatly missing the point.NOBODY moves to a die shrink until Intel does. Apple does not own any fabs. Intel does. Not even AMD or nVidia can produce better GPU's until TSMC or Global Foundries move to a fabrication process after Intel does. There's no more tick-tock's left in the Intel cycle. No more die shrinks can be done without either becoming uneconomical.As for licencing the x86-64 ISA. I'm sure that would be a mess, and Apple would have nothing to gain by...
Not happening. Every time I see a story like this, all you need to do is look at the use-case, and it falls flat on it's face. 1) Existing A-series and ARM based parts are still Pentium 3-era speeds on comparable workloads 2) Intel's Atom parts are barely faster than Pentium 3-era parts 3) Intel's onboard video has always been a joke, but mobile isn't much better. I could see Apple eventually producing a CPU/GPU that is more capable than Intel's weak mobile offerings,...
Wasn't the reason for the soldered ram because it was stacked LPDDR3 or something?I'm not too heartbroken over this (my 2012 mini has 16GB that I put in myself), but Apple needs to actually max out the RAM since it can't be upgraded.
Well...1) Intel's onboard video is awful, and even if it can display 4K, it doesn't do it well. A top-of-the-line Radeon R295 doesn't even do 4K well. The difference between the Top of the line and a card half the price, is being able to push the same frame rate at 4K and at HDTV resolution. Intel's onboard video can't even push a SD resolution at the same frame rate. This is why there are options. A less pixel-dense screen allows for higher frame rates on the same GPU...
I don't see the 3.5mm port ever going away on any devices (Nintendo tried it before on their GBA-SP), anything portable must have it, so any headphones can be used with it. Bluetooth is too much of a hassle to charge and pair, when you can just plug in any headphones and not have to pair it every time you want to use it with a new device. Then there are also battery life concerns by leaving radios on.I don't know about everyone else, but Bluetooth earbuds/headphones seem...
Samsung is pushing Tizen, LG is pushing WebOS, Blackberry is back.... kinda. Microsoft has it's own OS.So who is really pushing Android now? Other than Google? Whatever happened to all that Motorola stuff they bought and then turned around and got rid of the parts they really could have innovated in?I hate to say it, but Samsung and LG are stumbling over each other to get out of the Android ecosystem as fast as possible and try to duplicate Apple's closed ecosystem. I was...
Haha... Have you even seen it? At best it shows a mirror to Americans of how cruddy their entertainment is. At worst it makes Kim Jung-Un like a manipulative MRA-type going on a guys night out before going Jerry Springer during the interview part, ending with Kim dying in a non-comical way.Like if North Koreans actually see it, maybe it will do more to shake them out of complicity, but that is likely wishful thinking and will get thousands killed.
Don't confuse containers for codecs.VLC can play just about everything, regardless of codec and container, even obscure and invalid combinations (like MP3 as an audio codec with h263 video codec inside a MP4 container) you can even use VLC to play video streams from multicast IPTV sources.QuickTime 's container format IS the MP4 container, but not all the features of it. WMV is just a container format, not a codec. MKV is a derivative of the AVI container, and favoured by...