or Connect

Posts by Misa

Unfortunately it's this line of thinking that doesn't even work for Android. If you buy a samsung phone, you're only buying into the Samsung device ecosystem, not Android. Anyone else running Android won't be able offer anything more compelling to switch you from it.Everyone I know, has an iPhone. Everyone I see outside... iPhone. Once in a while I'll see someone with an oversized phablet, but pretty much everyone, even those non-affluent people have an iPhone. This is...
The problem I see is that nobody actually wants to develop for Android in the first place, they do so only with a gun pointed at their head, they would much rather develop for Windows Phone, but nobody wants a Windows Phone, not when Microsoft throws the platform away every year. Google "I hate Android Java" and find 2 million hits, do "I hate iOS OBJC" and you get like 100k. That's a 20 fold difference, which one is more profitable? The one that is easy to develop for....
Woz is the kind of person who is more interested in how something works rather than how it looks. Like who really knows what context he had in mind, he probably meant make an iPhone that can run NDK apps from iOS, to avoid Blackberry's fate (which was having a crappy OS that was overly reliant on a proprietary BBM.) iOS isn't BlackBerry, not by a long shot.What you have to do is look at both Nokia and Blackberry. iOS ate the lions share of high-end PDA-like phones, while...
That's overlooking when it crashed from like 300 to 60. Bears like to eat short-term traders for breakfast.There's few facts in play. US stocks are heavily manipulated by hedge funds and investment banks. They knowingly rob the retail investors (that's you and me) by doing the kind of things Icahn does behind closed doors. It doesn't count as insider trading when you bully the traded company into doing your bidding.Icahn can grow up, take his ball and go home if Apple...
Technically (and I mean this in the most eye-rollingly sarcastic manner) if you are competing, working or volunteering for the Olympics, you are required to wear only Olympic-sanctioned gear, this goes for everything from mittens to cars, to restaurants seen in. In reality, the official apparel sponsor will run out of sizes that fit, or in the case of 2010, not supply essential things like gloves/mittens or shoes/boots. As far as smartphone devices go, the Samsung people...
Remember that Womens jeans tend to be a "tight" fit, so yes it's entirely possible to crush an iphone if you sit down hard in a chair, particularly if the chair is made of fiberglass or metal.Just based on the story, it sounds like she had a longer 5c/5s (here's a danger about phablets and larger iphones) which would be subject to more force if left in a rear pocket while sitting down in a hard chair. Plastic chairs that flex or don't have a lower-back would not cause this...
Who knows.The logical reason for the iphone 4 is that the parts are still available. If Apple was still producing the A4, then replacing the radio chip with a current version or even replacing the memory or NAND storage with whatever is currently available is much less of a big deal. Remember that the only substantial difference between an iPod touch and an iPhone is the lack of the 3G/4G/LTE radio. Apple still makes the iPod Touch, but it's on the A5 chip at the low end...
King is an evil company, sorry. If you have an iOS or Android device you've probably been spammed to hell with redirects to candy crush saga so they can stay at the top of the app stores "most viewed" listings. I have plenty of complaint emails about them hijacking traffic from ad-supported sites. https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/EDJTbPaW5dg%5B1-25-false%5D "There seems to be a javascript redirect affecting a lot of website forums and such on mobile...
A TV-tuner model is pointless as the cable companies don't broadcast in-the-clear ATSC/DVB, and what you get OTA is maybe 2 channels unless you live in a major city. If it's something that can be added as part of SDR based tv/radio/satellite tuner, then fine. The main problem with cable is that 100% of the equipment is Motorola (now Arris), and Google owned it long enough that it would have made sense for them, but they threw it away.Apple's strength lies in it's...
This is pretty much right on the ball. There's two cycles the Wall St. people tend to ignore:Carrier Upgrade cycle (2 yrs) vs Device Lifetime (7 years)Consumer pocket depthThis is the lifetime of an iPhone:Year 1: Original OwnerYear 2: Hand-me-down or sold to a friendYear 3: unlocked and hocked on eBayYear 4: Likely kept around as the Kids phone/iPod replacement/backupYear 7: Recycled or thrown out.Where as a Samsung phone:Year 1: Original ownerYear 2: Original owner/Kids...