or Connect

Posts by Misa

Honestly, this is a big "who cares?" There are no "gaming laptops" out there that are legitimately useable for gaming. It used to be because the GPU power or CPU power was pathetic, now it's because the cooling is. Please, seriously, do not buy ANY laptop if you intend to play games longer than an hour. The MacMini (2012 model) with the Ivy Bridge, is dead silent until you try to play a game. Then it makes some pretty horrible noise, and can get maybe 30fps out of a 6...
Well consider that:- Chrome, Firefox, Opera and MSIE on Windows are only distributed as "32-bit" because they erroneously assume that nobody uses more than 4 tabs. (64-bit versions of firefox nightly let you open hundreds of tabs, why you need that many, who knows.)- Adobe didn't make their CS suite completely 64-bit until CC in 2013 (and even then I'm not sure all the applications are 64bit as I refuse to rent software.) The first and only application to go 64-bit was...
I think you need to look at Nintendo as a reference point of "do bigger screens without an increase in battery life drive better sales in the US", the answer is no, if the hardware is essentially the same.I personally think a larger phone is a mistake, as the original phone's size and weight was the right size to be a phone. The "right size" for a phone that you talk on is the distance from your ear to your mouth, and not everyone's head is the same size and shape. The...
Nope, as we all repeatedly fail to learn, if it doesn't come in the box with the console, it will not be used or developed for. Microsoft is learning this the hard way, twice.What Apple needs to do, is either cross-licence an 'iPod 3DS' to get Nintendo's game library, which would effectively be a iPhone/iPod with the 3DS clamshell controls, or Nintendo needs to licence the iPod/iPhone/iOS and build their own. Nintendo and Apple are the only hardware innovators out there....
The jailbroken kind.Yet you omit this:
Better question is why isn't this considered a "pump and dump" scheme when a major stock holder wants the company to buy back it's stock (thus raising the stock price) only to flip it later and let it sink?
Or... simply not buying into the Android ecosystem in the first place.This is the primary reason I won't even look at the Android devices. That and three year contracts will still be in place here until December. In a two year window, I could reasonably expect a device to updated to the latest version, but three, fat chance. There are Android devices that are sold new and updates are discontinued immediately.My sister has gone through at least 3 mobile phones over the same...
It's my understanding that Chinese (and to some part, Korean, and Japanese) culture is to iterate, not innovate. More or less be a "better apprentice" and surpass the master. IP law (particularly patents) found in American and European prohibit being the "apprentice" in the first place. This is why China only allows foreigners to bid on their national projects if they're partnered with a domestic (apprentice) company and thus that company basically gets a free licence to...
Here's what I think, this is good and bad for different reasons. If you're hardcore married to the concept of multi-platform, write-once-behave-mediocre-on-everything paradigm, eg Electronic Arts, then this is just a bad thing. EA (more specifically, Maxis) uses SDL/OpenGL on the Mac. So something like this is unlikely to be used since it can't be ported to the PC or other game consoles (PS3/PS4/Wii) even if they have OpenGL. When Game developers write a game that...
Shipments does not mean sold. Physical items can be returned back to the manufacturer unsold. Unfortunately Analysts know this, but don't care.I doubt Apple borrowed anything from Android. If anything there are throwbacks to MacOS 6 and Windows 3.x