or Connect

Posts by Misa

The Linux/GNU/GPL people want to see the patent system destroyed. But it's not a simple matter of "All Patents are Evil" but rather "two people can come up with exactly the same thing independently because hardware moves at the same pace for everyone." So it's mostly software patents that shouldn't be patent-able, because the useful life of software is far less than 20 years, and in a sense the patents kept a market leader ahead in perpetuity.20 years ago the NES and SNES...
Bloomberg now states Design patents infringed too, and the Samsung Parent company is responsible. Note they say "wait for the validity of the patents" question and the Damages.
Bloomberg ticker says "rubberbanding patent infringed"
Quick, everyone place your bets: I bet that Apple wins most of the patent issues. I also bet that something gets invalidated.
It baffles me why people think that every place has WiFi. Sure, not all iPad's need 3G/4G if the devices are only ever used at home (or at work), that doesn't help a whole lot in the while on foot, car, train, ferry, cruise ship or airplane.It really depends on what people use it for. An iPad mini or iPod Touch with only 3G/4G is likely targeting the music/book segment. But as a messaging/blogging/news capture tool, without the 3G/4G radio, this is a failure.What needs to...
So if none of the products are the latest products from each company, it's just business as usual plus probably some demand to license the patents in question in Korea.
I guess you haven't seen the prices for Cloud Computing. Nobody is competing with Amazon, only matching Amazon's prices.
LTE tends to be faster than domestic broadband/free-wifi with much lower latency. However until the data caps are increased to reasonable levels, it will never cause "cord cutting" in the same way cable tv and telephone has. Most cable cutters, to date, either don't use, or minimally use television/telephone. With data, there is no such thing as "minimal" use. I took my iPad3 out to a local convention, and used 36MB (no free WiFi, 1 bar of LTE) only from visiting one web...
They also stole the Apple Store look as well for their Samsung store.The interesting thing to point out is that the iPhone UI, in the SDK uses the MacOS X API, because iOS is MacOS X. This saves Apple from having to write two different operating systems (See where Microsoft dropped the ball with WindowsCE) or having different hardware platforms to compile against (You have one x86 target and one ARM target, or in theory a Universal Binary.) But the tradeoff is that the...
The bill of rights says you have freedom of speech. It does not grant you that right to come on to private property (eg a forum) and do whatever pleases you. If the moderators decide to delete posts that they disagree with, that's with their rights too.That said, most forums I've been to that weren't populated only by trolls, don't moderate things until someone crosses a legal line, and at that point it's more dangerous to allow the activity to continue. The android fans...