or Connect

Posts by Srice

Yep.., but with a noticeable lack of Fandroid replies.  Almost as if Samsung flew their Astroturfers to Korea for a big gangnam style party so they aren't available to post.
Glad to see more hardware patents - software patents have proven to be valueless. Not that I want to see Apple use patents in war, but because I want Apple to be able to push back fast copies. Copy, just don't stand on their coat-tails for gods sake.
To be fair to Samsung's tablet units shipped -- they are giving away tablets when you buy a S5, Note 3, subscribe to CableTV deals, etc, etc, etc. It's really not that hard to give away 11M items to the world if you want to.
Something is up with Florian -- he had a pretty consistent pro-apple (pro logic, pro competitive market) opinion, but his recent positions have given me a severe case of whiplash. Then tonight I read he used his $400 screen replacement experience to conclude that a 6" note screen means the software portion of a phone has little value. Wtf? Dude, you got ripped off for a phone repair. A 4" LCD screen isn't much cheaper than a 6" Note screen. Both about $50 in parts. I...
Mor proof that Google is the next Microsoft.     Looking forward to the Christmas comparison pictures of the two stores customer population.
If I wanted an Android phone I would buy a HTC One. What drives Androids to Samsung? Is it the software, phone (screen size?), advertising? Curious -- thx.
Careful, you're getting close to libel.  :-)
Yeah, here we go - a very L Ellison sounding quote -- Musk believes in the founder theory and Apple is done without Jobs... I hope Jobs biggest invention, Apple, lasts a long, long time.   "...saying that Apple will likely lose out to Google in the smartphone business "because (former Apple CEO Steve) Jobs is out of the picture." He added that "it really makes a difference who runs the company. (Google CEO) Larry Page is quite good and probably in the long run will come...
Interesting thought, but I'm sure the perspective will be they are x% more efficient than competing brands and include 100% less suck.
20 yr Windows IT admin here, bought my first iMac G5 in'05, and have bought 2 MPBs, 2 Minis, 2 iPads and 6 iPhones for our household since. I did buy one intel desktop for Windows server VM work -- stuffed it in a closet and use the MS RDP client to access it.. from my macs. This is a great teardown piece DED. I see what they're doing, and most AppleInsider readers can see what their doing. I haven't had a slimmer of respect for Gartner or IDC for over a decade -- I...