or Connect

Posts by Srice

Something is up with Florian -- he had a pretty consistent pro-apple (pro logic, pro competitive market) opinion, but his recent positions have given me a severe case of whiplash. Then tonight I read he used his $400 screen replacement experience to conclude that a 6" note screen means the software portion of a phone has little value. Wtf? Dude, you got ripped off for a phone repair. A 4" LCD screen isn't much cheaper than a 6" Note screen. Both about $50 in parts. I...
Mor proof that Google is the next Microsoft.     Looking forward to the Christmas comparison pictures of the two stores customer population.
If I wanted an Android phone I would buy a HTC One. What drives Androids to Samsung? Is it the software, phone (screen size?), advertising? Curious -- thx.
Careful, you're getting close to libel.  :-)
Yeah, here we go - a very L Ellison sounding quote -- Musk believes in the founder theory and Apple is done without Jobs... I hope Jobs biggest invention, Apple, lasts a long, long time.   "...saying that Apple will likely lose out to Google in the smartphone business "because (former Apple CEO Steve) Jobs is out of the picture." He added that "it really makes a difference who runs the company. (Google CEO) Larry Page is quite good and probably in the long run will come...
Interesting thought, but I'm sure the perspective will be they are x% more efficient than competing brands and include 100% less suck.
20 yr Windows IT admin here, bought my first iMac G5 in'05, and have bought 2 MPBs, 2 Minis, 2 iPads and 6 iPhones for our household since. I did buy one intel desktop for Windows server VM work -- stuffed it in a closet and use the MS RDP client to access it.. from my macs. This is a great teardown piece DED. I see what they're doing, and most AppleInsider readers can see what their doing. I haven't had a slimmer of respect for Gartner or IDC for over a decade -- I...
 I always wondered how people were MSFT fans in the 90s.. those same people now have become Android/Samsung fans in the 00's.  Funny how that works...   http : // www.anandtech.com/show/7335/the-iphone-5s-review/5The 5S smote everything but the Intel Atom Z3770.. Note3 should show up next to the LG about 4th or 5th in any of those tests.  But at least you have a big screen.  :-p 
 Did you even read the benchmarking article?  The 5S is much faster than the Note.   The Note is sweating to beat the LG.  Reading is fundamental.
Long time reader, infrequent commenter. I had to find my credentials to login and say "Atta boy DED!" . I've been REALLY impressed with the in-depth commentary by DED the past few weeks. It's been VERY refreshing to read detailed articles, that obviously have been painstakingly written, rather than the standard copy/rehash articles which typically make the rounds. Perhaps if more journalists ( DED has earned the right to be called a journalist, not a blogger ) put this...