or Connect

Posts by Srice

Apple obviously wants to get iPhone 5 in the hands of the Mars Rover so it can call home.
  Very tight tolerances with solid aluminium connector and frame.  It's not going to be cheap plastic.   I'm actually stoked to see this new connector -- yeah, it'll cost a little to buy new cables/adapters, but it looks like a nicer experience for the next ten years -- kind of wish it would be a mag safe, but I guess the physical connection has saved my phone from dropping a couple of times.
This is actually a pretty cool story.  I'm sure Chinese factory worker wages are horrible compared to US wages, but their cost of living is less.  Apple is fighting a good fight.   It's going to be an interesting century as Chinese and Indian labor comes online, which will create a labor glut and makes it uneconomical for expensive labor countries to make anything.   I can't wait for the day when all labor costs and wages around the world are comparable -- I probably...
   "Thus far, Samsung hasn't won any injunction of that kind. It previously relied largely on standard-essential patents (SEPs), and a Korea Times report published on Friday suggests that Samsung is once again contemplating a multijurisdictional push for preliminary injunctions against a new iPhone (or iPad 4G): "Samsung confirmed that it will immediately sue Apple if the latter releases products using advanced long-term evolution (LTE) mobile technology." It tried this...
  LOL! I sure hope Samsung tries to beat-up Apple with LTE FRAND licenses.  It'll be nice to see: 1. Anti-Trust investigations against Samsung 2. Korean companies being politely asked to leave all standards bodies.
This sure doesn't sound promising.  I bought an iPad as a gift for my mother about two weeks ago and the Genius I was dealing with pulled a BestBuy sales routine to push Applecare down my throat.  I did not appreciate it -- and thought to myself that it felt like the guy was on commission.  I do not want to deal with commissioned/quota'd sales people when I visit an Apple store.
Disgorgement - All your SIII profit are belong to us.
I'm having a problem accessing articles on my iPhone as well.  When I click an article I get a blank page. boo! :(
Agreed.  I am in the market for a new fridge...it won't be a Samsung.