or Connect

Posts by Capt. Obvious

I'm sure HBO will be happy to sell you their streaming service despite your bundle...but you may or may not be able to use the two in the same device(s). The solution may be to dump the bundle & get Showtime stand-alone...
All the attention has gone elsewhere:  USB 3.1, USB-C, the Watch, the Macbook, the new trackpad...but they redesigned the keyswitches to be smoother, more tactile, more accurate (IIRC).  As someone who generates a lot of text (A LOT OF TEXT) I can go thru a keyboard...and yes, it's time to replace this mushy thing I'm typing on.  If the new keytech turns out to be as described on stage, I hope Apple will license it broadly;  in the meantime, surely they are planning to...
10.10.1 runs pretty fine on my 2010 mini (10gb RAM), considering the 5400 platter drive...no Thunderbolt, no USB 3, but Yosemite is okay. Better here than Snow Leopard....
that's not a scratch, that's a crack.  I have one just like it, except it gets fancy at the ends
No scratches on my 6...but it's slipped out of a pocket twice now...and the screen has cracked each time. This after dozens of identical drops survived by my 4. For the protector-phobic: my Skinomi is perfect. Full-body skin, and no one who's handled it has noticed it's there. I WILL replace the screen...and get a case.
Obviously, a complete failure at communicating my points...doesn't help that I was wrong, too.  Fine.
ah, the 'I'm not married' option...oops
After weeks of universal cluelessness as to whether Apple was planning to sell the new iPhones in their mallstores, something has changed:  upon arriving at the local Apple Store these last 10?days @ 9:30, there has been no line for phones, just the usual opening-time folks & a couple asking about the phones.  TODAY, there was a line for phones.   As in previous releases, all the usual steps are being taken, all the missing procedures are sliding into place and it's...
Okay, maybe I mis-heard...
I PREDICT!   ...there will NEVER BE a 4" iPhone 6 ...there will NEVER be an "iPhone 5 with iPhone 6 internals"   Even so, the Android Sisters are leaving ALL YOUR BUCKS on the table, apparently:   http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2470302,00.asp?kc=PCRSS03069TX1K0001121&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ziffdavis%2Fpcmag%2Fbreakingnews+%28PCMag.com+Breaking+News%29   Under these conditions, Apple can do what it likes...