or Connect

Posts by Capt. Obvious

that's not a scratch, that's a crack.  I have one just like it, except it gets fancy at the ends
No scratches on my 6...but it's slipped out of a pocket twice now...and the screen has cracked each time. This after dozens of identical drops survived by my 4. For the protector-phobic: my Skinomi is perfect. Full-body skin, and no one who's handled it has noticed it's there. I WILL replace the screen...and get a case.
Obviously, a complete failure at communicating my points...doesn't help that I was wrong, too.  Fine.
ah, the 'I'm not married' option...oops
After weeks of universal cluelessness as to whether Apple was planning to sell the new iPhones in their mallstores, something has changed:  upon arriving at the local Apple Store these last 10?days @ 9:30, there has been no line for phones, just the usual opening-time folks & a couple asking about the phones.  TODAY, there was a line for phones.   As in previous releases, all the usual steps are being taken, all the missing procedures are sliding into place and it's...
Okay, maybe I mis-heard...
I PREDICT!   ...there will NEVER BE a 4" iPhone 6 ...there will NEVER be an "iPhone 5 with iPhone 6 internals"   Even so, the Android Sisters are leaving ALL YOUR BUCKS on the table, apparently:   http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2470302,00.asp?kc=PCRSS03069TX1K0001121&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ziffdavis%2Fpcmag%2Fbreakingnews+%28PCMag.com+Breaking+News%29   Under these conditions, Apple can do what it likes...
 All Apple iPhones offered CURRENTLY are ApplePay-enabled, according to the keynote.
This is as spectacularly stupid a thing as anybody's said yet (in this thread), but here's a hint:MAYBE an iPhone 6 WON'T FIT in a 5/5s frame, just like your mom CAN'T be a horse...CERTAINLY you don't know what you're talking about. Like Lincoln said about opening our mouth & removing all doubt:
I've dropped my 4 so many times I no longer wince, I cuss...and pick up my phone, and go on. The glass is unmarred after FOUR YEARS of uncountable drops - mostly in parking lots.   I can hardly see how the 6/6+ could possibly be MORE breakable / LESS durable than the 4: it's lighter, and made of higher-tech materials, and mostly NOT glass!   I'm planning to wrap mine in Skinomi;  I was thinking of also giving it a bumper, but REALLY - It really should be too much of...