or Connect

Posts by Capt. Obvious

Re: storage, I think 32/64/128 is smart & 16/64/128 is idiotic.  Apple tends to be smart.   re:  sapphire glass:  skipping it would be idiotic.   Thing is, Apple really ought to take advantage of EVERY opportunity to steal a base from other manufacturers;  they have the supply, and the foundry, absorb the cost and make everyone else struggle uphill for parity.  LIKEWISE with storage:  Apple's flash costs are out of the bag, and Apple needs happy campers;  Apple...
Watching my wife wrestle with Android as she struggles to master her new GoogleSlab, I find it hard to be even theoretically interested in Android hardware. Despite all the anti-Apple, up-the-Android barking, screeching, cage-rattling & other sober opinion from the Android crowd, it is proving a serious annoyance for her, and that's with expert help (not me, friend @ Microsoft). She didn't start with big expectations: just an e-reader, and some FB. It has become an...
Not even REMOTELY a 5s.  Screen geometry's different.  Buttons are different, locations are different.  Edges are rounded.  No home button.  No slit/camera at the top.  No bezel.   Implications are enormous.  Posted larger image, capped from keynote.
Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome iPhone 6:
I find Dvorak somewhat inspirational, much like Rush Limbaugh, Rob Enderle, Paul Thurrot, et al: a third-rate intellect who somehow managed to indelibly affix himself to an income stream without resort to skill, fitness, or any other aptitude, and whose only principle is "get paid FIRST". The poster child for scrapped expectations...your idiocracy at work.... Thank you, as always, Daniel - your clarity and focus and sense of history are more than welcome!
Years ago on this very site, I imagined a 'headless' Mac that used a wirelessly-connected tablet as its screen. (I was 'The Steve Jobs Mind-Meld' back then, I think)   There have been apps that allow a certain amount on desktop activity via iPhone, but a move like the one I just described has not happened;  the A7 forward may well change that, and since the only reason my Mac can't run 10.7 + is it's a 32-bit processor, we may se a complete shuffling of the Apple product...
There's the nub:  30-pin is dead, long live Lightning!  THIS is the new $99/free phone, no more 4s of any kind.   No iPhone 5SRV, either.  iPhone 6, now w/ LiquidMetal and the NEXT next-gen chipset, at the usual price-points (but maybe the base will move to 32/64/128gb, w/ 16gb in the 5c).
AGAIN with the "larger iPhone display" schtick?   Have you SEEN those larger-screen monstrosities? Only FASHION VICTIMS need apply!   Need a bigger screen?  Get an iPad.
I think differently on it:  WHY should a "completely new, less expensive model" have a screen at all?   I image a stereo BT headset with advanced voice control - and the ability to piggyback off the cellular chip in your iPad to make calls....   The next big battleground is going to be over carrier rates, you know - and this would be a shot OVER the bow & straight into the magazine.
'Cause Apple disabled / gave away all my Apple email addresses.   The ones I've been using, that is.  While I was using them.   I don't even particularly WANT a gmail address - just the only one left to me.