or Connect

Posts by Capt. Obvious

I think it makes no sense to "make MobileMe FREE!!!" It is one of several sets of services Apple makes available for their user community, and the simple fact is that people don't value free stuff. They may want it, but they don't actually dig into it for the purpose of getting the most out of it. By charging a totally-minimal fee, they want to get people to value the services and *want* to use them. Same logic applies to AppleCare and One-To-One: high-end services...
Sorry, not even close to true. The worst service I ever had was Verizon, and they didn't care at all why. A five-year-long endless bloody stream of expensive insults, that.
Okay, my first poll ever anywhere! Let's have a bit of actual information, shall we? 1. I have iPhone 4 and I drop calls when my skin touches the antenna gap 2. I have iPhone 4 and I DO NOT drop calls when my skin touches the antenna gap 3. I have another iPhone I'm happy with, and this is boring 4. I have some other phone & am enjoying the fireworks 5. I don't care about any of this! I just HATE Apple!
The basic misrepresentation (not just from chronster) that flows through all these harangues (here and elsewhere) is that ALL iPHONES 4 DON'T WORK AS PHONES. Not true - provably not true - yet the drumbeat goes on. *SOME* iP4s have reception issues/signal-drop/whatever when their gap is fingered. *SOME* of them don't have this problem AT ALL. Mine, for example. NO drops. At all. Anywhere. Bars or no bars. Before and after 4.0.1. No matter how I hold the bare...
Today, it says "shipped"...tracking number & everything. Arrives tomorrow.
TWELVE plaintiffs??? That's all they've got? Ambulance-chasers, indeed! I'd say, for that class-action status to be granted, they'd need (for example) 1% of purchasors (speculating: not really 'my' point of law) to join the action...which means they need to recruit at least another 14,988 of Mama's precious darlings before this gets to be more than a very public hissy-fit.
I heard 3gs were selling hot right now. Ordered my first iPhone @ the ATT store last Friday...and as of today, it no longer says 'backordered'....
The advent of the iPhone changes the equation entirely: my SO switched from Palm on Verizon to iPhone in Feb when her iPod got wonky. She realized that she could replace her iPod w/ an new one - w/ 2x storage - and get the phone part for free.... I don't predict the end of the non-touch/non-phone iPod quite yet, though: shuffles and nanos and classics are still more compelling for some than the "new iPod + free fone", and this will remain so (though tailing off) for...
A4 chip supports UP TO 32gb. I was disappointed, too - but not much to do about it.
Fortunately, your satisfaction is no-one's benchmark.