or Connect

Posts by Capt. Obvious

Don't want to distract anyone by talking about PHONES, but I've VERY curious about actual availability of new phones:  in the past, it was the practice for phone shipments to trickle in to the Apple Stores on a daily basis, and some number of folks waiting outside, could be sure they'd get phones.  This is no longer the case.   On 9/29, an Apple store recounted the above procedure to me by phone; today, that store told me they had received NO PHONES SINCE THEIR ORIGINAL...
 Actually, I was wondering why we had a Kindle partisan trolling iPhone threads on an Apple product forum;  personally, I'm not at all interested in your Kindle, or your "issues" about Apple.  You and ALL YOUR WORKS here amount to bullying:  kicking over anthills and chasing the ants when they react.  What a BIG MAN. I think you should take your trolling and bury it somewhere else.Go find a Kindle forum.  Or an Android forum (try CNET). Or get a hobby - you could pull...
At what pressure does your Kindle Fire deform?
Oops - that was intended for Mr. "Apple needs a meditation..."
You're neither smart nor thoughtful:  please stop posting.   Thanks.
Sorry, I don't believe you:  I HAVE a 4-year-old iPhone 4, and it wouldn't hold a charge for three days if you turned it OFF
Re: storage, I think 32/64/128 is smart & 16/64/128 is idiotic.  Apple tends to be smart.   re:  sapphire glass:  skipping it would be idiotic.   Thing is, Apple really ought to take advantage of EVERY opportunity to steal a base from other manufacturers;  they have the supply, and the foundry, absorb the cost and make everyone else struggle uphill for parity.  LIKEWISE with storage:  Apple's flash costs are out of the bag, and Apple needs happy campers;  Apple...
Watching my wife wrestle with Android as she struggles to master her new GoogleSlab, I find it hard to be even theoretically interested in Android hardware. Despite all the anti-Apple, up-the-Android barking, screeching, cage-rattling & other sober opinion from the Android crowd, it is proving a serious annoyance for her, and that's with expert help (not me, friend @ Microsoft). She didn't start with big expectations: just an e-reader, and some FB. It has become an...
Not even REMOTELY a 5s.  Screen geometry's different.  Buttons are different, locations are different.  Edges are rounded.  No home button.  No slit/camera at the top.  No bezel.   Implications are enormous.  Posted larger image, capped from keynote.