or Connect

Posts by Capt. Obvious

[quote]Originally posted by MacsKickAss: You guys should really abandon the old Imperial system. The irony of it, using the British Empire's old system of measurement...whereas the rest of the world moves ahead. Perhaps in time you will be able to make the transition to a more modern form of measurement.
Thanks, but you can stick your "more modern form of measurement" where the sun never shines. An extreme application of science made...
[quote]Originally posted by applenut: uggg,,,, some people just don't get it. they did not mean processors. they meant products. NO NEW HARDWARE. Comprehendo? What the hell does Apple have to do to end this baseless speculation.
The only baseless speculation I see @ this moment is you trying to make "CPU" == "HARDWARE". For the record, I think we WILL NOT see speed bumps between now & MWNY on any (Apple) machine (even tho bumps...
[quote]Originally posted by noleli: MacMall seems to be clearing out its TiBooks and iPods. This seems to support the idea of a speedbump in the TiBook, but an updated iPod???
How do you figure this? Is $394 a channel-clearer? Is that $6 off only available for a limited time?
[quote]Originally posted by: KAMMAC July 2002 - PowerBook processor upgrade, iMac processor revission, iBook processor revision, and New Design and Big Processor jump for PowerMac (G5) January 2003 - iBook to G4 chip July 2003 - PowerBook Redesign possibly making the G5 chip available in the Laptop
As I see it, there is a strategy based on G5 availability, and an interim, pre-G5 strategy in place. G5 strategy is straightforward: get G5...
[quote]Originally posted by Ender: I've heard that the Que! drives are either incompatible or don't fully work with OS X 10.1.2. Is this true? How has the experience been with your Que!? How reliable is it?
Last week, I would have said "Great! Go for it!" Now, I'm not so sure. It was working fine, then I didn't use it for a month, and now, it only works under very limited conditions: ie, it will burn a single track to audio...
[quote]Originally posted by Aphelion: Don't misunderstand me Capt. Obvious, I'm pleased in a 20% gain on the year for my AAPL investment, as we should all be as Mac fans, Having said that, from MY perspective APPL could have had the same or similar jump that SGI has had, plus the benefits of increased marketshare if they had embraced MP at about the time they "iced" the Cube. My point being that MP's have had the power to win the MHz Wars for some...
[quote]Originally posted by Aphelion: I've quadrupled my money there (SGI) as of now, but my AAPL has suffered (only up 20% on the year) because of Apple's lack of aggression in this area.
Err/umm....try looking more closely. AAPL has been a pretty darned aggressive performer in the last year or so (especially so FYTD'02). Exhibit A: your own assertion of 20% upside. Exhibit B: iPod Exhibit C: iMac 20% upward movement on a stock...
Thanks for the info!
266mHz PBG3, 10.1.2, 384mb RAM 158mflops in 90.2 sec. after I quit all apps; 146mflops in 97.7 sec. after turned off Altivec code; 145mflops in 98.0 sec. before twiddling anything
[quote]Originally posted by sizzle chest: You could start out by buying Keyboard magazine, and/or Electronic Musician magazine. You'll pick up a lot of useful info that way, especially since it sounds like you don't have a few specific questions, but are actually starting almost from scratch. The main thing is that you should not let obsession with gear take precedence over a willingless to play and experiment with the gear you have.
I'm...