or Connect

Posts by Capt. Obvious

[quote]Originally posted by EmAn: You're right, Steve did say 5. He was probably talking about the 3 on the iMac and 2 on the keyboard.
Yes.
well I'm just torn to bits, I must say. I bought my 266 PBG3 because of the nice, big, bright screen; at the time, the cheapest Apple alternative was a full $1000 more. I've loved it...but it can't keep up with what I'm moving into. So here comes the new iMac - that big, beautiful screen, AND a G4 - last year's baddest & fastest for half-price is awfully attractive, and I really want to do it. But there's that 14" iBook...what I've got now, only faster, lighter,...
ViaVoice writing & editing audio recording, editing, mastering some video some photo iPod web stuff
Good questions (no answers from me, sorry). I have the strangest feeling that "lamp ramping" will catch on fast, as people think up ways to decorate their new iMacs....
[quote]Originally posted by spindler: According to the Time Canada article Apple will sell $50,000,000 worth of iPods. Divide by $400 and that 125,000 units. Is 125,000 units a lot in one quarter?
It's pretty good, but the news is better than you think: iPod debuted in stores on what, Nov. 10? From then to the end of the year is 50 days(not counting xmas). 125,000 in 50 days amounts to 228,000/quarter, or close to 1,000,000 units per year.
[quote]Originally posted by BuonRotto: ... Allow me to complete the thought: "Apple lied! They have singled me out in all the world and they have hurt me personally because I invest too much emotion and faith into dumb computers! I will never buy an Apple again and will spend the rest of my days trolling these boards with snide one-line disparagements of Apple and Apple users. " How was that? ...
[quote]Originally posted by starfleetX: Agreed, but this is the same man that went on record saying that the Segway HT would change the way we build cities...
Can you say "proof of concept"? If you looked over any of the patents issued to Kamen (& leaked in the last year or two), you know he was trying to protect an entire range of self-stabilising mixed-terrain vehicles. Since he 'went on record', as you say, long before anything...
[quote]Originally posted by Hi Ho Quicksilver: Everyone clearly remembers the last keynote, and how disappointed everyone in the crowd was. I am equally sure that people remember Steve's supposed comments such as: We really stunk that one up, etc. What were the speed increases from that? from 733 top to a dual 800 top? (867 if we use MHz only). Does anyone even remotely think, given those two points above, that Apple would come out with anything resembling the...
[quote]Originally posted by smalM: Hey, I know how old you are
Nah, I'm older than I look
No insider info, but I've thought about this alot since I bought my first Mac (03/99), and I've ben watching Steve/Apple since the 70s; all this seems to me to point in the direction of my 'iMac is a tablet' idea, on which I will try to elaborate. With OS X being a hi-power multi-user os, with Ethernet now the connectivity standard, with the explosion in processing power, and with the age-old speculative dream of an intelligent house in the backs of minds throughout the...