or Connect

Posts by Capt. Obvious

Okay, my first poll ever anywhere! Let's have a bit of actual information, shall we? 1. I have iPhone 4 and I drop calls when my skin touches the antenna gap 2. I have iPhone 4 and I DO NOT drop calls when my skin touches the antenna gap 3. I have another iPhone I'm happy with, and this is boring 4. I have some other phone & am enjoying the fireworks 5. I don't care about any of this! I just HATE Apple!
The basic misrepresentation (not just from chronster) that flows through all these harangues (here and elsewhere) is that ALL iPHONES 4 DON'T WORK AS PHONES. Not true - provably not true - yet the drumbeat goes on. *SOME* iP4s have reception issues/signal-drop/whatever when their gap is fingered. *SOME* of them don't have this problem AT ALL. Mine, for example. NO drops. At all. Anywhere. Bars or no bars. Before and after 4.0.1. No matter how I hold the bare...
Today, it says "shipped"...tracking number & everything. Arrives tomorrow.
TWELVE plaintiffs??? That's all they've got? Ambulance-chasers, indeed! I'd say, for that class-action status to be granted, they'd need (for example) 1% of purchasors (speculating: not really 'my' point of law) to join the action...which means they need to recruit at least another 14,988 of Mama's precious darlings before this gets to be more than a very public hissy-fit.
I heard 3gs were selling hot right now. Ordered my first iPhone @ the ATT store last Friday...and as of today, it no longer says 'backordered'....
The advent of the iPhone changes the equation entirely: my SO switched from Palm on Verizon to iPhone in Feb when her iPod got wonky. She realized that she could replace her iPod w/ an new one - w/ 2x storage - and get the phone part for free.... I don't predict the end of the non-touch/non-phone iPod quite yet, though: shuffles and nanos and classics are still more compelling for some than the "new iPod + free fone", and this will remain so (though tailing off) for...
A4 chip supports UP TO 32gb. I was disappointed, too - but not much to do about it.
Fortunately, your satisfaction is no-one's benchmark.
Symbian has features? This is about SYMBIAN??? Seriously, if that's your level of discourse, you'll be taken as a troll. for sure. Best to keep quiet.
THIS, FTW People talk about Android as if it was a coherent thing in a meaningful sense, when the fact that shipping phones use different versions proves it's nonsense. Different - yet not so different - from the "Apple monopoly / Windows gives you choice" floorwash.