or Connect

Posts by Capt. Obvious

So glad you started that off with a gratuitous insult....I have an MBP; if these "persons" actually *had* a case, mine would be subject to the same sub-standard screen they claim Apple is foisting off on their customers. It is not, ergo, no case - oh, what's that? they degrade? you mean, their performance suffers over time? you mean like everything else in the world? Sorry, Sparky: my MBP is nearing the 18-month mark, and I use it 8-10 hours a day, every day - my...
what a potential boon for users needing help with a program or feature, needing troubleshooting or product support...assuming anyone else thinks of it.
coming soon to an upgraded line of displays near you....
just because it reacts to stimuli does not mean it's aware in any meaningful sense...dude....
Since you are so wise in these matters, surely you can tell us what *kind* of vegetation he is...a shrubbery, perhaps? A field of wildflowers? A window-box full of pansies?
Having read it, it's clear no-one has...or will.
seems like there's too much concern over the 'external hard drive' aspect of Time Machine: in case no one's noticed, external hds w/ capacities >160gb are less than 100USD. that's pretty cheap insurance - hell, 10 years ago, a CD burner cost close to 1000USD. JeffDM, you make excellent points!
Jobs came in with NeXT *BECAUSE* Copland was already an unwieldy / unworkable resource drain...and already being hauled out to the dumpster. The moral of the story? Vista could be Redmond's Copland in the same way that Afghanistan was the Soviet Union's Viet Nam: by the time they get it sorted out, the game will already be over. The good news, OTOH, is that one random forum poster seeing it or not isn't a factor.
Mine is in the rev. E range - had it for a week now. - It has good fit between the top & base, - there is no whine of any kind (other than the one I hear all the time now); - compared to my MDD PM, it's silent enough, and at least as fast; - (have been unable to really put it thrugh its paces yet); - Airport connectivity issue was solved by the 4.6 update last night; - the space between the F-keys & the screen gets hot - snatch-your-hand-away hot, so that prob is...
Duluth, GA (outside Atlanta)