or Connect

Posts by Capt. Obvious

GarageBand has been expected since around the time iMovie came out. Apple bought eMagic, and GarageBand (an iMovie-equivalent for audio by whatever name) moved from 'expected' to 'inevitable'. It was only a matter of time.
Well, he *did* say they basically moved Soundtrack into GarageBand. What I want to know is, when you peel away the karaoke, band-in-a-box stuff, what are we talking about here? Software capabilities? Tech specs?
Thanks, Programmer! You say it much more clearly than I (in another thread). We need to look beyond the simplistic images of DVR vs computer/TV amalgamation: the computer needs I/O access to the audio & video equipment - AND it needs fair-use access to a/v content. Of course the copyright conglomerates object to fair-use considerations; the question is, ultimately, political: do the rights and prerogatives of citizens outweigh the agendas of corporations? In the short...
Interesting take on things. 'The computer is the hub' means that the computer is both central and dominant; it does NOT mean that the hub is a special kind of computer. Actually, I was describing the PMG4 sitting next to me, hooked up to a computer-controlled switching A/V interconnect box w/ capture & encode/decode capabilities & limited storage. Point being, w/ one of these boxes and a Mac, you can pump iTunes out to the living-room stereo or use QT to pipe video...
OK, guys, the COMPUTER is the digital hub. NOT a 'set-top box' a la "convergency theory"; NOT a P/DVR a la TiVO. Simple. Basic. Must-have. What we have here, is Apple doing to audio & video streaming-&-capture / encoding-&-decoding / media-centering what they did to the mp3 player w/ iPod. Seamlessly integrating the computer into the home entertainment / media center. And sorting out the a/v connectivity jungle while they're at it. DVD player/recorder? ...
Equivalent to the revenue generated for MS by IE - and just as effective, so far.
10.5 EEEE. I've been wearing New Balance exclusively for 10 years or so. Aside from one weird pair, they've all been extremely comfortable - mainly because they actually fit. Interesting to hear that Steve shares my tastes in footwear. They also last for fricken EVER: I have a pair of 655's that have been my everyday pair for at least the last 2 years. Beat-up, stained, worn & ugly but comfortable & perfectly shoe-like The shoes that got me wearing...
Noted. Thanks for checking in.
And waste time on easy stuff??? Let the designers match every thing up just right while you hammer out all the dents. Once they're done, the cosmetics go on real easy.
Agree on all counts - I think we're watching Aqua evolve thru successive lifetimes. Looks great - and I'm thinking Panther's gonna look better still.