or Connect

Posts by Capt. Obvious

OK, guys, the COMPUTER is the digital hub. NOT a 'set-top box' a la "convergency theory"; NOT a P/DVR a la TiVO. Simple. Basic. Must-have. What we have here, is Apple doing to audio & video streaming-&-capture / encoding-&-decoding / media-centering what they did to the mp3 player w/ iPod. Seamlessly integrating the computer into the home entertainment / media center. And sorting out the a/v connectivity jungle while they're at it. DVD player/recorder? ...
Equivalent to the revenue generated for MS by IE - and just as effective, so far.
10.5 EEEE. I've been wearing New Balance exclusively for 10 years or so. Aside from one weird pair, they've all been extremely comfortable - mainly because they actually fit. Interesting to hear that Steve shares my tastes in footwear. They also last for fricken EVER: I have a pair of 655's that have been my everyday pair for at least the last 2 years. Beat-up, stained, worn & ugly but comfortable & perfectly shoe-like The shoes that got me wearing...
Noted. Thanks for checking in.
And waste time on easy stuff??? Let the designers match every thing up just right while you hammer out all the dents. Once they're done, the cosmetics go on real easy.
Agree on all counts - I think we're watching Aqua evolve thru successive lifetimes. Looks great - and I'm thinking Panther's gonna look better still.
Not a scratch - a stylized reflection artifact (so there!)....
1st Law of Computing: you need more memory. Simple fact is, the minimum provided RAM really is the minimum; plan on doubling it, and if you do mem-intensive shit, double *THAT*. Very few upgrades pay off as directly as more memory, and I consider it money well spent. We all want to cut costs & keep expenses down, but scrimping on RAM to save money is just dumb.
No-one's mentioned this: the zillions of posts all around the net saying "No way I'm buying RevA hardware, man! Let the early-adopters catch the shit, I'm sittin' out 'til the smoke clears...." It's new *everything* time - and the pessimists (and optimists without a margin for error) don't want to be first into the trenches this time, and fine for them. I bought an MDD Dual less than a year ago, so I'll probably be one of 'em. So, 100,000 pre-orders as of ship-day...
Just received a Nikon 5700 from BuyDig.com for $719 (after rebate). That's 5MP & 8x optical zoom for very little more than your $650 cap...might be worthwhile to stretch just a little bit further....