or Connect

Posts by TheDisco

What is the point of this article other then to snark on Microsoft? This is an Apple-centric news site. Leave the subtle commentary to someone else. Almost as bad a Daring Fireball spending all day shitting on Amazon's Q2 earnings and comparing it to Apple as if it is some sort of fair comparison   I greatly enjoy Apple products, but the back-patting on some of these sites offering Apple coverage is just getting oppressive and completely off topic as to make them...
Could of been a glitch, could of been a very quiet rollback of a hasty decision and someone thought better of it. Either way it seems to be in flux throughout the system and not yet entirely sorted out.    Either way, if just a glitch, it was at least a thought out "glitch" that may of just not been ready to go out into the wild. 
    Notice that pattern in everything you mentioned? ALL hardware. NOTHING retail.    EDIT: I'm very bullish on Apple's hardware future over the next five years. Even though it is hard to see where they can go in the immediate future that will be as dramatic as the iPhone and iPad, there are those much smarter then me hard at work on that making something I never knew I would "need." I just do not see any change in retail strategy in the next five years that justify a...
    As an Apple share holder you should be asking tougher questions rather then blind allegiance to a CEO. Keeps 'em honest that way...
    When it comes to their retail model it is VERY Apple. Its not the same game as the hardware side. There hasn't been a major change in Apple stores beyond the POS systems since they opened over a decade ago. Do you think Apple is really going to be rocking the boat in the next five years by the time his shares vest? If so, I have a bridge to nowhere to sell you...
    No, but even if he does get all the money, what will he of done that is worth $61 million. Regardless of one's opinions on regulation vs. deregulation, free markets, fair trade vs. free trade, etc., etc.... does anyone really think this guy is in a position within the company that will add $61 million dollars in value to it? 
    Dealt into his checking account at the expense of shareholders who hired him to do a job he would of failed at. The slow trend towards stock based compensation has been a disaster and should be reigned in.    What exactly is he going to do besides open new stores? Is there a new major remodel on the horizon or system wide change? They are ruling the world and have no need to change the formula. So, is he a $61mil place holder?
Seems excessive and unnecessary. His predecessor would of probably deserved it but he built the operation from the ground up and contributed heavily to share-holder value. This guy is coming in and pretty much avoiding hitting an ice burg which isn't an extremely hard skill in extremely limited supply. 
Picked up a Kindle of the e-reader variety, mostly to save my eyes from staring at the screen between work, phone, play, etc. As a heavy reader, hopefully it'll give my eyes at least some rest.
There is a difference between complaining and just stating the obvious. Google went years without a GMail app. There wasn't a rush to get anything out there. When they do put something out finally it hardly even works and lacks even the most basic features of a standard app a 12 year old makes in their basement. They had to pull it from the store almost immediately. There is something to be said for putting out a product and updating based on feedback and there is...