or Connect

Posts by Mechanic

Did you read the article?  These sticks are being made and sold by piraters, with pirated movies installed on them and activated as android tablets with movies installed to play illegally.   There not just some "insane" man installing android on a usb stick.  There being sold by the millions.  There even installing google play store versions of Android on them.  Those do count on googles activation list, as tablets.  The analyst companies like IDC and Gartner use the...
What I find funny is how an Android supporter such as yourself comments on things like this on a pro apple sight named AppleInsider, and expects people here to listen to you.
Only ASOP is open source.  The google play store version is not.  The google plays store version has googles proprietary apps and those are not open source at all. They are required to connect to the google play store.  Google claims that only play store versions of Android are counted.  But if these sticks are illegally installing the google play store version there stealing private ip and muddying the waters on activations.Im sure google doesn't mind the inflated numbers...
That is the exact form factor of an Apple TV.  Even the plugs are in the same location, The only thing different is the power plug, and the Audio.on the apple TV the transformer is inside, and the Audio plug is an optical toslink plug.
Wow that many fools bought that brick.  I guess theres a group of suckers born every minute.
Apple when they acquired Authentec gave all the clients 6 months to find other alternatives to Authentec for there products after which they were cut off cold. See here.I would highly doubt that Apple would not do the same with Prime Sense.  They also did the same with Anobit and there memory tec chips for high speed memory control which also lengthen the useful lifespan of flash memory. Apple typically takes the engineering talent from the companies it purchases and moves...
While I agree with you on the way google counts the numbers the analysts don't count them that way.  They include the "white box" numbers as android.  Those should not be counted but you don't see google complaining if they are.  It gives the illusion that there part of mainstream android too. Which there not.  Like most here have said, these analyst firms will customize the data that makes your company look good for a "fee".  They get paid to make there customers look...
Yep one of my two Mini's is just that a headless media server for my apple tv's and works great with a thunderbolt sata hub with two channels fed into two external 4 terabyte drives software raided in the mini as one drive.  Put a 6gb sata data flash drive in a mini and they scream.  When I want to interact with the mini the hdmi to my tv works great.  You can also put an extra drive inside as well if you need more space. I also VNC with my iPhone and iPad with great apps...
The mini is a great computer and is basically a headless iMac.  The new ones are very speedy and very nice to use.  You can get a quad core i7 in a mini the same the run in the iMac.Apple does not build a "crap" computer.
Yawn.  Another Gimmick from Shame Sung.