or Connect

Posts by Mechanic

Apple when they acquired Authentec gave all the clients 6 months to find other alternatives to Authentec for there products after which they were cut off cold. See here.I would highly doubt that Apple would not do the same with Prime Sense.  They also did the same with Anobit and there memory tec chips for high speed memory control which also lengthen the useful lifespan of flash memory. Apple typically takes the engineering talent from the companies it purchases and moves...
While I agree with you on the way google counts the numbers the analysts don't count them that way.  They include the "white box" numbers as android.  Those should not be counted but you don't see google complaining if they are.  It gives the illusion that there part of mainstream android too. Which there not.  Like most here have said, these analyst firms will customize the data that makes your company look good for a "fee".  They get paid to make there customers look...
Yep one of my two Mini's is just that a headless media server for my apple tv's and works great with a thunderbolt sata hub with two channels fed into two external 4 terabyte drives software raided in the mini as one drive.  Put a 6gb sata data flash drive in a mini and they scream.  When I want to interact with the mini the hdmi to my tv works great.  You can also put an extra drive inside as well if you need more space. I also VNC with my iPhone and iPad with great apps...
The mini is a great computer and is basically a headless iMac.  The new ones are very speedy and very nice to use.  You can get a quad core i7 in a mini the same the run in the iMac.Apple does not build a "crap" computer.
Yawn.  Another Gimmick from Shame Sung.
More than that its a pressure sensitive touch screen as in the whole screen.If you looked at the article closer you would have understood that.
These are all of the no name $30 to $80 dollar tablets that don't connect to google play or any ecosystem on the planet.  There a conglomeration of cheap landfill junk that any respectable survey firm would completely ignore.  3 months to 6 months after purchase because of the use of the cheapest parts they can find to construct them, 90% of them die and are thrown away.  If it was not so sad that IDC and Stratgey Analytics had to quote these numbers, of tablets (no name...
Thats why best buy is sold out lol there overstocked.
DED said there deferring $900 million in this next quarter which was reported by Peter Oppenheimer in the Q4 conference call.  So there Q1 2014 will not report all of there earnings.  Because of the minus $900 million.
There was an article back a ways that explained why they deferred the revenue and it was due to a law put in place because of enron and there accounting practices.