or Connect

Posts by Mechanic

The only reason the GS4 is higher pixel count is because there using S-AMOLED pentile which has much lower sub pixel density than IPS.(super part of the amoled name is just a samsung marketing ploy really there just AMOLED).  Pentile displays have to have higher count to compete with iphones IPS (in plane switching) display because pentiles at lower ppi look really terrible when compared to an IPS display hence the reason for higher ppi on S-AMOLED to get the same...
    This is a direct quote from the verizon conference call  transcript which can be found here http://news.yahoo.com/verizon-communications-management-discusses-q1-154710243.html   Speaking was Mike Stefanski from Verizons board.   Maybe that will clarify some of the confusion?  Note that he says that they activated 9.7 million post paid devices 87% of those were phones.  of that 7.2 million were smart phones and of that number 68% were 4G. of that number 4 million were...
Sigh¡ He's been on ignore with me for a week now lol.
STOP RIGHT THERE!   LOL anything with digitimes name as the source should be whole heartedly ignored with a vengeance.   That Rag has been wrong so many times ......infact I cant remember when they have been right.
google it   Samsung sold 100 million Galaxy phones since the lines inception (there numbers not mine)  Which is about 10% of that 1billion activation number for android that Shmidt has been dumping on the press.  So who makes up the other 900 million?  HTC?  Sony? Motorola?  Nexus?Android Tablets?(lol)  Think about that.  If the top android phone vendor makes up 10% with its made up "shipped numbers"  then the rest have to be low end phones.  Because there are not a...
Its the only way you can compare android to iOS, because there is no other iOS vendor than apple.  So it is a legitimate comparison of android phones to apple phones (iOS vs. Android).  The amazing thing is Apple YoY outsells all other android phone vendors on those carriers in the U. S.   Oh and by the way Android Fans always compare all other android phone vendors as a lump vs. Apples iPhone.  If we did a fair comparison of other vendors sales on an individual basis...
I would bet that about 85 to 90% of those activations are cheapo feature phones or very cheap phones being sold in china or india where cheap is in,   phones like the Galaxy line would not sell well in countries like this because of locals ability to buy, and probably make up about 10 to 15% of android sales.  The cheap phones take the rest.   Google will take anything it sees as an activation but that does not mean that it is a high end smart phone.  Plus hell all of the...
Problem with your thought there is that you forgot to mention that apple gets 30% of that money from everything that is sold through the iTunes store.
iOS 6 came out with the iPhone 5 duh. It was a huge update and launched with the new phone.  iOS 7 will come out this fall.  Apple has always done yearly major updates to iOS.
Agreed