or Connect

Posts by Mechanic

Again Genius you dont understand.  What I quoted above is an invasion of privacy, and a blatant one at that so that they can get the info to sell you to the advertisers.  If it was no problem then why is the DOJ still investigating them over that issue?  I dont want ads shoved in my face, I don't want my name as part of a Demographic or an ad run, I want to be left out of it.   The above example is there use of illegal means to circumvent my own privacy settings to get...
But where is googles contribution to that fork ?????   Chrome does not contribute, It uses khtml and apples combine fork.  Hense no innovation on goggles part. Hell google wont even give back androids full fork to the linux opensource group which is illegal according to the open source contract.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAH.  Wow How naive can you be?  Sounds like your a google sycophant.  They can do no wrong in your eyes.  They have been caught red handed circumventing both safari and IE's privacy settings and you can really believe they dont use the info gained for there advantage?  They got caught recording network traffic from private home wifi's with there street level view cars LOL.  What planet do you live on?   LOL.   Go read Eric Shmidts...
Do You?  Obviously not.     The code that would become WebKit began in 1998 as the KDE’s HTML layout engine KHTML and KDE’s JavaScript engine (KJS). The WebKit project was started within Apple by Don Melton on 25 June 2001[9] as a fork of KHTML and KJS. Melton explained in an e-mail to KDE developers[2] that KHTML and KJS allowed easier development than other available technologies by virtue of being small (fewer than 140,000 lines of code), cleanly designed and...
yes chrome uses webkit which apple developed and  licenses freely as part of the open source license.  As many others here have said the only thing google innovated was its original search algorithm.  Beyond that they are basically the webs Borg, assimilating smaller companies ip into there own at an alarming rate and then calling themselves innovative.  I call them the worlds biggest parasite.   Now there goal is to assimilate you and your information and sell you to...
Intel wholly owns the thunderbolt spec.  It is theres from inception to right now.  The collaberation that is often spoken about with apple was to get the design implemented in macs and working.  Also to rename the spec from lightpeak to Thunderbolt.  Apple filed for the name thunderbolt and then immediately turned the copy written name over to intel.  Was kind of weird that apple filed for the name and then gave it to intel.   Edit:  Just did a little more investigation...
The reason usb 3 has not happened on the mac pro right now is because the sandy bridge xeons dont support usb 3 natively.  Apple has been waiting till the ivy bridge versions come out which do support usb 3 natively because usb is a processor function and is supported by the cpu directly, unlike firewire and thunderbolt which have there own stand alone platform processor independent.  Ivy bridge xeons just barely came out late late last fall.   To make a professional...
Duh, IDC is notorious for its low ball estimates for apple they always are lower than anyone else. I take what they say with a grain of salt. If I want real numbers just I just wait for apple to give them to the public themselves. They are the only computer, cell phone manufacturer who gives actual sales numbers. No one in android does because they dont want you to really know how low there actual sales numbers are. Shipped numbers are always larger, because there...
hdmi cables and usb cables dont have microprocessors in them, to adjust for the inefficiencies of the copper cable itself do they.  Hence the reason for the extra cost.  Also thunderbolt cables actually have firmware lol. They can actually be firmware upgraded.         The cables your comparing to thunderbolt is just a piece of wire not a firmware flash-able micro computer at each end.
Agreed.  USB is processor dependent thunderbolt is not.  USB Superspeed is 10GB's total in and out.  Thunderbolt is 10GB out and in simultaneous (two channel can output/input at the same time at 10GBs both ways).  Also intel invented both.  Thunderbolt is in its first incarnation, the second is about to be released with even faster speed simultaneous in and out.  Slated for early 2014 is the release of the 20GBs Thunderbolt controllers.  Thats dual channel 20GB.