or Connect

Posts by Mechanic

Im with a lot of the comments here what a stupid suggestion, go into debt?  I read that apple already put aside the taxes for those overseas funds and if they did bring the money back to the US which I doubt  they could and not change there bottom line.   But being that 2/3rds of apples money is made outside the us I think it should stay there. They paid 6 billion in US taxes last year so they paid there share on the US portion of there money.
      The article puts in plain detail that the numbers just dont add up, here in the US were led to believe that in most surveys that iOS is lagging behind, and like this article by IDC anyone including google can count there activations, shipments and any other number they want to make up as real.  Sadly there not.  Apple is the only vendor that reports actual sales and activations and for now is the only vendors numbers that can be relied on.  Android has a lot more...
Here is a really good piece by Horace Dediu at Asymco  about Googles bogus android activation numbers as well  its a very good read entitled "Where are the Android Users".   It goes into great depth about how googles activation numbers dont hold up agains close scrutiny.  Horace is very good at numbers that is his job.   http://www.asymco.com/2013/03/11/where-are-the-android-users/   Android vendors put up a huge smoke screen hoping that if they say the bs long...
Yes they did and they have been low balling apples share for years.  They seriously need to fire there entire survey staff and start over.   There like the proud mother watching her son march in a marching band in a parade and seeing that he is out of step with the band tells people "Look there all out of step but Jim".  Lol.
Yet another Bullshit study by IDC. They pull these numbers out of there arse. No Android vendor even posts shipped units and not one of them posts sold. Every IDC study I have ever seen or read always puts iOS in the worst possible light and always on the loosing end. Even when 10 other studies show the exact opposite. If I didnt know better I would think that IDC has a vendetta against Apple. I would not trust any report they publish.
I dont remember where but i read that when project "Purple" was started (development code name of the iPhone) it was development of a tablet computer.  Steve Jobs steered the development  away from a tablet computer into what was to eventually become the iPhone.       I think it was in his autobiography.   The original iPhone was a tablet.   Lol sorry for the repeat I didnt see that someone posted the same thing above
You dont drag your finger across the authentec sensor.  The sensor would be fused into the button glass face much like the capacitive touch screens that apple is now using to allow the iPhone 5 to be so thin. There is no air gap between the capacitive layer on an iPhone 5 and the lcd and the glass.  There even using that tech on the retina macbook pros to get the screens so thin and the iMacs too. From an  AI article about the sensor tech that apple bought:       A few...
Actually from the last quarter results 1st quarter 2013, apple made 20.341 billion in the us.  Yes that is there largest income but when you combine all other countries outside the US from apples own report Apple made 34.171 billion outside the US so Apple did not make all of there money in the US, in fact they made Most of there money outside the US. Apple paid 6 billion in federal corporate income taxes for 2012 in the US which amounted to 1 dollar in every 40 federal...
Reminds me of the Beatles song Taxman LOL.     Isn't that the honest truth lol
Just one thought on "Pressure mounts on Apple".  HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!  What a load of crap. Apple will never return this money to the US as long as the tax code in offshore countries is friendlier....   It will never happen.  And all the Political blow-hards on capitol hill can keep on pissing and moaning till they pass out from hypoxia (lack of oxygen).  As long as the tax structure here does not favor repatriation it will never happen.   Apple is not alone....