or Connect

Posts by Mechanic

Yes they did and they have been low balling apples share for years.  They seriously need to fire there entire survey staff and start over.   There like the proud mother watching her son march in a marching band in a parade and seeing that he is out of step with the band tells people "Look there all out of step but Jim".  Lol.
Yet another Bullshit study by IDC. They pull these numbers out of there arse. No Android vendor even posts shipped units and not one of them posts sold. Every IDC study I have ever seen or read always puts iOS in the worst possible light and always on the loosing end. Even when 10 other studies show the exact opposite. If I didnt know better I would think that IDC has a vendetta against Apple. I would not trust any report they publish.
I dont remember where but i read that when project "Purple" was started (development code name of the iPhone) it was development of a tablet computer.  Steve Jobs steered the development  away from a tablet computer into what was to eventually become the iPhone.       I think it was in his autobiography.   The original iPhone was a tablet.   Lol sorry for the repeat I didnt see that someone posted the same thing above
You dont drag your finger across the authentec sensor.  The sensor would be fused into the button glass face much like the capacitive touch screens that apple is now using to allow the iPhone 5 to be so thin. There is no air gap between the capacitive layer on an iPhone 5 and the lcd and the glass.  There even using that tech on the retina macbook pros to get the screens so thin and the iMacs too. From an  AI article about the sensor tech that apple bought:       A few...
Actually from the last quarter results 1st quarter 2013, apple made 20.341 billion in the us.  Yes that is there largest income but when you combine all other countries outside the US from apples own report Apple made 34.171 billion outside the US so Apple did not make all of there money in the US, in fact they made Most of there money outside the US. Apple paid 6 billion in federal corporate income taxes for 2012 in the US which amounted to 1 dollar in every 40 federal...
Reminds me of the Beatles song Taxman LOL.     Isn't that the honest truth lol
Just one thought on "Pressure mounts on Apple".  HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!  What a load of crap. Apple will never return this money to the US as long as the tax code in offshore countries is friendlier....   It will never happen.  And all the Political blow-hards on capitol hill can keep on pissing and moaning till they pass out from hypoxia (lack of oxygen).  As long as the tax structure here does not favor repatriation it will never happen.   Apple is not alone....
Some of that was answered last year in there dividend/ stock buy back program announcement.       From Apples announcement last year: I think that thats pretty definitive on distribution and when. Maybe the real sentiment from stock holders is that they are not satisfied with the amounts and think it ought to be more, which of course serves there position that they think they deserve  that money.  Lol.  I have even heard it said that a lot of stock holders really think...
Stock buyback/dividend program:  http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2012/03/19Apple-Announces-Plans-to-Initiate-Dividend-and-Share-Repurchase-Program.html That stock buyback/dividend program is 45 billion. Plus they are increasing R&D by almost 60% in 2013.   Its just that the cash pile is so big those increases hardly make a dent. To put the size of the pile in perspective. Apple made more profit last quarter than amazon has in there entire existence. LOL Last...
They are currently in the middle of a 45 billion dollar stock buy back/dividend program started last year.   Here is the press release:  http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2012/03/19Apple-Announces-Plans-to-Initiate-Dividend-and-Share-Repurchase-Program.html