or Connect

Posts by Mechanic

Stock buyback/dividend program:  http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2012/03/19Apple-Announces-Plans-to-Initiate-Dividend-and-Share-Repurchase-Program.html That stock buyback/dividend program is 45 billion. Plus they are increasing R&D by almost 60% in 2013.   Its just that the cash pile is so big those increases hardly make a dent. To put the size of the pile in perspective. Apple made more profit last quarter than amazon has in there entire existence. LOL Last...
They are currently in the middle of a 45 billion dollar stock buy back/dividend program started last year.   Here is the press release:  http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2012/03/19Apple-Announces-Plans-to-Initiate-Dividend-and-Share-Repurchase-Program.html
Yes its true that google never admitted infringement but that was just a matter of time before they were hauled into court and they knew it.  Thats why they accepted a license.  The MPEG LA group started collecting a patent pool of infringed patents that were used by VP8.  11 patents were entered in the pool as being infringed.  Hence the reason that "DO NO EVIL"  Google accepted a license.  That pool was started back in 2011.     Here is a link to an article from zdnet...
  More than likely because they  are using techniques from the new H.265 codec, just like they ripped off H.264.
Google is a bunch of thieving carpet baggers that steal others IP and gobble up smaller innovative companies IP and call it there innovation. All while they compile identity files on you to sell you as a commodity to advertisers. I used to use them a lot but now shun anything to do with them. By the way they did not win the oracle lawsuit, just the first round as oracle is now back in appeals court with a new trial set. This one they have a good chance of...
I would say that paypal is scraping the edge of having there app booted.  I just got through reading the developers quick reference on what can and can not be sold and I get that physical goods can not be sold through any iOS app.          Its pretty clear to me from this developer quick reference that apple forbids the sale of real world goods from within an app.   I highlighted in bold there where it says that. The only way that I possibly think PayPal could get away...
I have used apple maps in beta and in the gm version and never had any issues with it at all in all kinds of different areas ranging from city to small towns to out in the middle of nowhere.
Here is a link to wikipedia for iOS device support with different iOS devices.  Its a good chart.  But one thing it shows is a vastly bigger amount of support for iOS devices running newer versions of iOS than android devices running there latest os.  Most iOS devices get 4 to 5 generations of support with new versions of iOS. Contrast that to android still running 44% of there devices on gingerbread with no hope of an upgrade.   Hell iOS 6 can even still run on...
Look at the current android distribution from developer.android.com     Version Codename API Distribution 1.6 Donut 4 0.2% 2.1 Eclair 7 1.9% 2.2 Froyo 8 7.6% 2.3 - 2.3.2 Gingerbread 9 0.2% 2.3.3 - 2.3.7 10 44% 3.1 Honeycomb 12 0.3% 3.2 13 0.9% 4.0.3 - 4.0.4 Ice Cream...
Yes Really to quote rovio themselves in a gigaohm article:   Android fragmentation is a serious issue for developers. In its tweets, Rovio Mobile said it began working on the Android version of Angry Birds in the spring. But the company said it took a long time to test for all the different Android devices to ensure they worked well. “Main challenge with Android is the amount of different devices. They are all different. Takes forever to test,” the company said tweeted....