or Connect

Posts by Mechanic

I think one of the reason adnandtech gave was because arm is intels atom series chip's direct competition.  I dont think they want to help the demise of there own product more than has already happened.
"While sources say"  "Sources Said"  "Sources were unclear about the change"   Lol anyone could pull a story out of there arse with those kinds of "Sources".   These articles just need to say "our best guess is" because that is all there doing. Guessing. With no facts.
Correct but im not talking about apps, im talking about api's google does not release all of the api's used in androids developement they hold by there own admission a lot of them in house and dont release them to the public, which then violates the GNU license.  But I dont think your going to listen to me so im done.  Again this is common public knowledge about android not being open, but you believe what you want to.  Call me a liar if you like it wont change the facts...
Back in 2011 google refused to release the source code for honeycomb,   It was even confirmed by google.  They said that maybe they would release it in the future once there way of doing things in it was firmly entrenched in the developer community.  Those are googles words not mine.  Google wants to be android known  as the open os but in truth there are just as many closed parts to it as there are with other OS's.  They like being known as the Open os but there not....
Android is not fully open source go read the article,  and if you want go look up the 9 circuit court docs on it.  Google admitted that android is not fully opensource themselves.  It came from there lawyers mouths not mine.  and IM NOT SPREADING LIES.  If you read the article it talks about how they withold api's from the open source version on there download and release them when they feel  like it sometimes years latter after a new version has come out.
I dont, good luck to you and yours.
Lol android is not fully open source.  Google with holds key api's which is a violation of the open source agreement.  You can download the vanilla version of android but not the current full blown version unless your a signed developer.  Go do a search about it.  A lot of people in the open source community are ticked about it.  But dont believe me go look for yourself.   Android is not fully open source.  Proof?   In Googles trial with microsoft in 2011  google...
Again Genius you dont understand.  What I quoted above is an invasion of privacy, and a blatant one at that so that they can get the info to sell you to the advertisers.  If it was no problem then why is the DOJ still investigating them over that issue?  I dont want ads shoved in my face, I don't want my name as part of a Demographic or an ad run, I want to be left out of it.   The above example is there use of illegal means to circumvent my own privacy settings to get...
But where is googles contribution to that fork ?????   Chrome does not contribute, It uses khtml and apples combine fork.  Hense no innovation on goggles part. Hell google wont even give back androids full fork to the linux opensource group which is illegal according to the open source contract.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAH.  Wow How naive can you be?  Sounds like your a google sycophant.  They can do no wrong in your eyes.  They have been caught red handed circumventing both safari and IE's privacy settings and you can really believe they dont use the info gained for there advantage?  They got caught recording network traffic from private home wifi's with there street level view cars LOL.  What planet do you live on?   LOL.   Go read Eric Shmidts...