or Connect

Posts by Mechanic

Yes.
You are absolutely right.   The court case in california the jury ruled that qualcomm had paid the license fee and due to the contract that qualcomm had with samsung they could not sue any of qualcomms customers that buy there chips, also they found in favor of apple on the double dipping clause as well you cant charge twice for the same patent its against the law, the term is "patent exhaustion".  If this were not the case anyone who makes a product could sue anyone who...
Lol agreed
What a moronic idiot lol. He deserves every bit of the jail time he gets.
you can't use voice and data at the same time now with verizon, you can with att, its not the iPhones fault its the carriers fault I wish these sensational click bate pieces would be dropped in favor for new original news pieces. Articles like these are a waste of bandwidth.
    agreed one of the chip shavers will pull the top off the A6 and then we will know for sure.  Apple sure has not said whats in it.  But really what does all this matter anyway if the processor is twice as fast  and meets the needs of the phone for apple and customers, does it really matter what clock speed it is and how many cores it has and which cores it has?  Not really lol.
Just checked on qualcomms sight the s4's currently use quad cortex a7 cores.
I agree at this point it is pure speculation time will tell, one of the chip slicer companies will peel the top of an a6 and then we will know for sure untill then like you said it is speculation and click bate   But I would be very suprised if apple was not using the cortex a15 cores because the a5 in the iPhone 4s is using the cortex a9's and the iPhone 5 is 1.7 to 2.1 times faster than the 4S
As i said above samsung is using cortex a9 cores 4 of them from arm.  The a9s are slower.  The new iphone 5 uses 2 cortex a15's which are as fast as the 4 a9's.  So like KPOM said its like comparing two core 2 duos to 2 core i7s.   The duos are single threaded,  less on chip cache, and single gate transistors.   The new core i7's (ivy bridge) are dual threaded cores (can handle 2 threads at a time and act like two processors) have more cache, are smaller die size, and use...
They are the first to implement them in a smart phone.  I believe that is what the article said.   Edit:  Just did some checking the Galaxy S III from samsung uses cortex a9 cores.  Samsungs next processor the Exynos 5 will use the Cortex a15s from arm. so the article is correct apple is the first to implement the faster cortex a15 cores in there new iphone 5.