or Connect

Posts by OS X Guy

Is is possible to change the default color of a link in Safari - maybe in the preferences? Thanks!
I hate to say this but... I think we are in for a "VHS - Beta" war again! Sony's Blu-Ray uses a blue laser while HD-DVD uses a modified red laser (for cost). I hope that Apple will support Blu-Ray (more storage capacity)! I think, Blu-Ray will ultimately win out, though it will not be as quickly as the DVD did vs Divix!
I got a 40Gb (IBM) to upgrade my Pismo that was originally came in a G4 Powerbook (IBM) that was erased and zeroed out with no OS. When I have the hard drive installed, it does not give me the flashing "?" telling me it cannot find a system folder and freezes when I try to boot from an OS CD (9.1 in this "test" case). I also tested it with the Fujitsu 18GB that I upgraded my WallStreet with and got the same results. My original WallStreet 2Gb gives me the flashing "?"....
I got a 40Gb that was originally came in a G4 Powerbook that was erased and zeroed out with no OS. When I have the hard drive installed, it does not give me the flashing "?" telling me it cannot find a system folder and freezes when I try to boot from an OS CD (9.1 in this "test" case). I also tested it with the Fujitsu 18GB that I upgraded my WallStreet with and got the same results. My original WallStreet 2Gb gives me the flashing "?". But when I remove the hard...
Do you still have OS 9 on your hard drive? Just wondered if I should delete it or not.
I have a Pismo 500Mhz with 128Mb of RAM and a "test" 2Gb hard drive from a Wallstreet (running 9.x) with a 40Gb coming, missing the battery and DVD ROM drive... When I would reset the PRAM on my Wallstreet, it would light up spinning the fan, etc. Now, when I go to reset the PRAM on my Pismo, it will not do any of that. I checked all the parts and they seem to be OK as far as I can tell... I went and reset the power manager via the back of the machine. I also removed the...
I heard something about the new iMac3 being cubical in design not that long ago. I think an aluminum iMac with a cubical design and colors such as on the mini iPod would sell well.