or Connect

Posts by rtdunham

For the past week i've had intervals during which i can't dictate into text or mail or search documents. I click on the mic icon on an iOS keyboard and the dictation window opens, but as soon as i begin speaking there's a beep and the function closes. (crashes?) Has happened both in wi-fi and LTE environments. could that be linked to server problems? has anyone else seen that problem?
For the past week i've had intermittent intervals during which i can't dictate into text or mail or search documents. I click on the mic icon on an iOS keyboard and the dictation window opens, but as soon as i begin speaking there's a beep and the function closes. (crashes?) could that be linked to server problems? has anyone else seen that problem?
 YES.  Surely zoom will be the next big thing with iphone.
Sorry, but I can't help but finding this amusing: "She told SELF, "I'm an athlete. I use every single muscle, especially my core and arms, when I pose."
As digital cameras got smaller and smaller I remember seeing one that incorporated a zoom lens using a mirror so that the zooming occurred not front to rear but side to side, internally. An extremely slim camera. Maybe someone here can remember what that model was and provide more details. I think we'd find them very interesting. I long for a zoom in an iPhone and have often thought back to that camera and wondered if Apple could do something like that.
MOVIST cost me $1.99, not free, two hours after the article posted. Must've been a short sale.
I suspect you've gotta have wi-fi because the mac has to communicate with the iPhone. You're not gonna get your phone on ethernet. And if you've got wi-fi for the phone, then it's there for the mac too. Do you think that's the explanation? A question in return: I know we can place calls by selecting a number, in a contact, on a website, etc. But what if, for ex, I want to call my credit card company using the number on the back of the card. How do i do that? Is there...
Maybe an excellent metaphor? And the same for the "well of similes is drying up..." Very meta.
Dried up, maybe:The excellent limbless monkey line isn't a simile. Simian, yes, but not a simile.
Last "Thursday" or today (Wednesday)?