or Connect

Posts by Rogifan

So is it a master class or irresponsible?
I thought Apple needed Broadwell in order for retina Airs to be feasible. According to Patently Apple Intel has a new processor (14nm-core-m) that they're reserving for fanless 2 in 1 Windows laotops (so they can go fanless before the MBA does). Has Intel shut out Apple before? If true then I hope Apple is seriously looking into other options for future Macs.http://www.patentlyapple.com/patently-apple/2014/07/intels-14nm-core-m-cpus-launch-this-fall-but-not-for-macs.html
Best thing about Bose headphones is their noise canceling technology.
I recently went looking for headphones at Best Buy and all they has were Beats over the ear crap and Skullcandy. I ended up getting a pair of Sennheiser's at Office Depot!
Here's what Jony Ive told the NY Times earlier this year:http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/06/16/jonathan-ive-on-apples-design-process-and-product-philosophy/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0I'm assuming he's referring to sapphire but he says he's been working on this stuff for several years so perhaps we'll see a big use of liquidmetal? Or is there some other material that none of us are thinking about?
Amazon wants to be known as a tech company, not a retailer. Can someone explain why other tech companies like Apple, Google, Microsoft, Intel,, Samsung, etc. can spend billions on R&D and capex but still generate profits and Amazon can't? I have a hard time believing Amazon's capex spending is larger than these other big tech companies so where's the profit? Amazon bulls claim their core services are profitable. If that was the case shouldn't we be seeing profits even with...
I wish there was one rumor site that would be bold and not be beholden to the almighty page views.
Can Apple rumor sites PLEASE stop reporting every time some Asian news source reports an unnamed product is in production or is going to be delayed. PLEASE. We seem to get these reports every week and often times they contradict each other which just proves how not credible they are.
Does Yosemite essentially telegraph all retina products this fall? Or is that dependent on Intel? It would be nice if late 2014/early 2015 Apple's iOS and OSX product lines would be completely retina. It seems their design decisions in iOS and OSX point to that as both OS's look much better on retina displays.
F-k you judge Cote!