or Connect

Posts by Rogifan

Who's criticism though though? Yours? Clearly Apple is listening as a lot of the features in iOS 8 - like 3rd party keyboards, actionable notifications and inter-app communications have been user requests for several years. Oh and the camera roll is coming back in iOS 8.1. How is that not making changes based on customer feedback? I was never a fan of iOS 6 & prior design language. But I don't think Scott Forstall and Steve Jobs were arrogant because they didn't change it....
I don't know the man so obviously can't personally comment on ego but I've read enough about him that if he has one he hides it very well. Also I find it hard to believe someone with a massive ego could have zero voluntary turnover in 15+ years. In that recent Vouge puff piece on Ive they quoted one of his neighbors, Trevor Traina, who said Ive was private and modest and didnt wear his accomplishments on his sleeve. I get the feeling Tim Cook isn't someone who would put up...
Oh good grief. Someone started a similar petition after iOS 7 came out. Anybody can start any kind of petition on that website. I like what Ive said in thaf VF interview; that he gets lots of critical email but it doesn't hold a candle to his self criticism.
Just tell me how much RAM the damn thing has so I know whether I'm going to buy it or not. Why is it so damn difficult for Apple to do. Why can't they own what the put inside their devices?
I did notice that he used his hands a lot when talking. Wasn't sure if that was just a nervous tick or something else. Initially I wasn't sure about the 6 because one handed use is very important to me. Buy the more I've played with one at the Apple store the more I want one. I may upgrade early, though my local AT&T stores won't have new stock in until mid November as preorders are their first priority.
What I find so amazing is, if this is the case, where are all the stories of software guys at Apple complaining to Federighi or Cook or worse leaving? Where is 9to5Mac, Bloomberg, Business Insider etc. reporting all the juicy gossip about turmoil inside Apple because of Ive's ego and power trips. Surely this stuff would leak, no? Surely the John Gruber's and Rene Ritchie's of the world through their second and third hand sources would know about this. And no doubt if...
Ive wasn't involved in software when Steve was around because Steve chose to silo hardware and software. He even siloed Mac vs iOS. At one point there were different hardware and software leaders for both. When Cook let Forstall go he decided to streamline. One hardware leader, one software leader and one design leader across all hardware and software. There's definitely growing pains with this new org structure and Apple has tried to do a lot in the past two years...
Someone on Twitter was musing about whether Watch took resources off other things. I don't know. But I do know as a $180B company its damn near impossible for Apple to be run like a startup. And just as Bill Gates left Steve Ballmer a whole lot issues at Microsoft, Steve did the same to Cook at Apple.I think we're starting to find out just how resource constrained Apple is. If they can't work on something like Watch and new iPhones at the same time there is s problem....
Ahem, this is from Walter Isaacson's biography of Steve Jobs:If you want to blame someone for giving Ive too much power, blame Steve Jobs. Same goes for thinness. Steve Jobs was as obsessesed with thin as anybody. Oh and by the way not everyone thinks Yosemite is hideous. In fact many people like it. The Verge review gave it an 8/10 for design. Other reviews have said its a welcome and needed design refresh. You can call it hideous but I think you're in the minority.
I liked the Vogue interview because we did get some new stuff. I think it was the first time he talked about his family. Mentioned he was married 27 years (got married when he was 21) and talked about spending time with his 10 year old boys. I was kind of surprised as personal  stuff has been off limits in the past.